• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
Probably Sapphire. I think that's the game I had before. Don't care about the legendaries really.

Omega Ruby; it was my first gen 3 game, I like Groudon more and, I totally wanna listen to Drought in the game. Though maybe I'll buy Alpha Sapphire later on.

This will be the first I buy both but I think I'll go for it this time! I'll get a physical copy of Omega Ruby for sure

Omega Ruby first, as I originally bought Ruby first. But I'll be buying both. I'll probably buy Alpha Sapphire after Christmas with money I get for Christmas!

Getting both for sure. I had both back in the day, and...yeah.

I like Groudon more, but, if memory serves, Latias was in Sapphire, and I like her more than Latios.

Both, like always.

Even though Ruby was game out of the original pair I got first, I might play through AlphaSapphire first, because that box art is rather delicious.

Well I usually play with one of my brothers, back in 2003 I got Ruby and my older brother got Sapphire, so maybe I'd like OmegaRuby, but my older brother doesn't play anymore but my younger brother does, so he will no doubt have a say.

I'll be able to decide when I find out the revised story more and see if I can fit it into my Headcanon, I don't think these will be straight remakes, they talk about a new world and new story so I might get OR as my sequel to R, but if it is the same story then I might get AS as I've already played the Ruby story.

But to be perfectly honest, I redid Emerald only last year so not really keen to go back to Gen 3/Hoenn so soon, and hope it's not the same plot.

I'll be getting both. Ruby was my first Gen 3 game, but this time I might go with Alpha Sapphire first (I'm liking Kyogre more than Groudon recently).

Usually, I buy the same version as the original, but this time, I'm getting Alpha Sapphire because every version of every Pokemon game I get never has Kyogre, and I'm sick of never getting a new one. (Especially tempting now that Kyogre might get a Mega Evolution. A Mega Evolution of the most dangerous Pokemon of all... I can't go without one!) I might change my mind is Omega Ruby has a really cool feature that isn't in Alpha Sapphire, though.

If I had to choose one, it would be Omega Ruby...

... But I might end up getting both at the same time because nostalgic reasons. (I bought both Ruby & Sapphire when they first came out, I can't break tradition now!)

Take a wild guess.

I'm surprised that Sapphire is way ahead in the poll so far.

Gotta buy both. Been buying both versions for many years now, except Pearl and Black 2.

Alpha Sapphire, there's more Pokes I want to use in that version and it continues my trend of buying the "secondary" title of the pair first.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom