• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
Both :3

Generation 3 is my favorite generation and Hoenn is my favorite region so one game would not suffice. Though I always buy both games anyway xD

Gonna go with Alpha Sapphire if the version exclusives remain the same. Still might get it regardless since Sapphire was the game that got me back into pokemon.

Alpha Sapphire! Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. Although I might get both at some point.

Alpha Sapphire, assuming Ludicolo is exclusive to that game. It's been quite a long time since I had a Ludicolo, and this time I'm excited because I can use a physical Swords Dance set!

Alpha Sapphire most likely will be my main game, but I plan on getting both.

Team Sapphire all the way!!! Just like back in the day.

I'm going to get both like I always too. In fact, that tradition started with the original Ruby and Sapphire games. I still remember buying both games and getting those cool Groudon and Kyogre coins, which I still have too. Not only it's a tradition for me, but it started the original R/S, even though neither were my first Pokemon games, so I'm definitely going to buy both.

I want to get Omega Ruby, mainly because Ruby was my first Pokemon game, and I like Groudon. Eventually I may end up getting both games, but I'm not quite sure.

I'm starting with Alpha Sapphire. But I'll probably get Omega Ruby as well, a few months later.

Omega Ruby, if I had a choice. Ruby was the only Gen. III game I've never played. And I like the volcano demon hoodies better than pirates. If I want to play AlphaSapphire, I'll just convince my brother to buy it, then borrow the game when he gets bored of it.

Sapphire was my first, so for nostalgia reasons I'll get AlphaSapphire (plus more screen tine for Archie, who's way cooler than Maxie)

And possibly, very maybe, I might consider buying OmegaRuby as well, but I dunno yet (I kinda still have to upgrade to the 3DS, as I simply wasn't interested enough in XY to spend such a huge amount of money for one game)

I had/have Ruby, yet I want to get Alpha Sapphire this time. Assuming the version exclusive Pokémon are the same as in the originals.

I'm going to wait for more information before I decide.
A few people over here already mentioned the possibility that the clash between land and ocean will alter the landscape depending on the version (water drying up in Ruby, water flooding the land in Sapphire)
I think it is a good possibility and I'm going to wait which one will turn out to look better.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom