• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
I'd like to get both, so I'm still relatively undecided as to which I'd get if only one. If nostalgia and my soft spot for geology (especially volcanology) win out, it'll probably be Omega Ruby, especially since I really don't like Team Aqua's design much and can trade much more easily for version exclusives now.

I'm hoping to get both because my birthday is the same month as when they get released. Either I'm going to have to buy them myself or maybe might parents might (seen I've shown them the new games).

I had sapphire back in the day, but I always get the opposite game in the remakes than the originals. I have Red and Yellow(I played blue though), and my remake was Leafgreen. I played through all of the Johto games, but I don't have silver, and Soulsilver was my remake. Ruby was actually the only Gen III game I never played ( My brother took my Firered) so I'll go with Omega Ruby.

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game ever, so I feel that I have to buy Alpha Sapphire. It just seems right!

I'd like to revisit Hoenn in the game I first traveled it in. Omega Ruby for me.

Though if I can save up enough money I'll probably buy both.

I bought Ruby back in 2003, so I'll probably buy the remake of that version first. I've always been more of a Groudon guy than Kyogre.

Both, of course. 'Cuz I'm just ridiculous like that. Though first, I'm probably going to get Sapphire version first, mostly 'cuz blue is one of my favorite colors. I might have to wait, though. Depends on the version exclusives.

I'm getting both, but I might space them out a bit. My plan, thanks to Bank, is that I will keep the same player name from X assume as if I have traveled to a "new" region after completely Kalos, much like the anime storyline does with Ash. The benefit of being able to just literally move over my boxes. I will probably get Omega Ruby as the fun game and Alpha Sapphire as the competitive one. Or maybe, I'll have one game dedicated to contest and another to the Frontier. Either case with the ability to easily move back and forth between files now I can only see the replay value of having both go up.

Well I played Ruby originally so I guess Omega Ruby, but I'm not sure if I'll buy either to be honest.

Omega Ruby, part of a long-standing agreement where my sister gets the one with the Water-type mascot.

Ω Ruby. Ruby was my jam as a kid, not gonna go for the other one.

Even though Kyogre has a clear type advantage?

I was referring to my preference as to their designs. Even if we were talking about competitive potential, just because Pokemon A out-types Pokemon B, it doesn't make it the "stronger" Pokemon. That is, unless Pokemon B is all that Pokemon A will ever battle, which is obviously not the case.

I'm all for Groudon even back then, but I only ever got to play Emerald. Hopefully, I'll be able to buy both versions, but I think I'm having AS first just to sort of shake things up for me. I've been going for the games which has the more badass legendaries (for me) as mascots (Zekrom, Yveltal), so I'm thinking of going on a different route this time around.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom