• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
I guess i will buy both, or buy one and wish for the other for christmas :)

I'm gonna go with Omega Ruby, for sole reason that Red id my favorite color. I might get the other if I get some extra cash, though.

It depends on what either has to offer and how GF's remaking of the story differs from the other that seems logical to me.

I am currently leaning toward Omega Ruby, simply because I like the color red more than blue and my 3DS is red. However, I didn't vote in case I change my mind at a later date.

As usual, I'll probably be getting whatever version they happen to have in stock when it comes out, unless I go ahead and pre-order, which is probably what I'll do.

I would preferably like to get a copy of Omega Ruby though, if only because Groudon is my favorite of the weather trio.

Alpha Sapphire. When I got Red/Blue, my parents didn't put the nametags on the presents so by chance I opened Blue while my brother got Red. I suppose they thought I'd like the blue version again, so they got me Sapphire, haha.

Alpha Sapphire despite liking Groudon's new look better (oh so cool!) just I have some kind of weird attachment to Kyogre for some reason, maybe because it was the first Pokemon I hacked when I was a kid because I only had Pokemon Diamond... (just made one appear, no stat changes or anything)...

But if I have to decide like how I did for X and Y (Liked both mascot legendaries) I'll decide on what megas there is to offer. (Mewtwo Y <3)

I will more than likely preorder both games! One team just isn't enough - if possible, and if I have extra cash I may buy more copies of the game.

Leaning towards Sapphire, mainly because it just makes more sense for Team Aqua to be the ones hiding out near Lilycove and not Magma. (Seriously, if GF is going to do that then the Magma version of the hideout at least needs to be aesthetically different.)

Last edited:
Unless the remakes do something that'll make me want to buy both games (which I would gladly do), I'll choose Omega Ruby. I went with Ruby back then (played through it seven times) and I'll align myself with it once more.

I am still undecided. I am thinking of getting Omega Ruby, because I prefer rubies, I like the colour red and Omega Rudy sounds good. However, I never played the original Pokemon Ruby, I played Sapphire and Emerald, so I am wondering whether I should get Alpha Sapphire to shadow the footsteps of my past. That and I liked the constant rain pouring down the Hoenn region when Kyogre was awakened.

I'm not preordering, so I'll wait until Bulbapedia has a comprehensive list of differences. At the moment I'm inclined to go with Sapphire though.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom