• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
Alpha Sapphire. I never played the original games so my preference is based solely on liking the color blue. :D

Neither, as of right now. I never cared at all for gen 3, so I have no interest in these remakes. I could change my mind, but the chances of that are small, unfortunately. Waiting for an X/Y follow-up instead.

Sapphire because I like team aqua better then team magma, so its like this: team magma/omega ruby or team aqua/alpha sapphire, besides there has already been a fire team, team flare, so its also because to take a break from fire types

It looks like people decide on what they actually bought originally, and some piece is on legendaries. I was going not to buy any of those, as Hoenn is my less favourite region. Once I tried to play Emerald a couple of years ago, and truly Mudkip was my only Pokémon until I defeated Flannery. And then, I simply couldn't catch any Pokémon because Swampert was too high, and there was just no Pokémon that caught my attention first. So I may still count on not buying any, but those graphics really pisses me off in a good way. I'll be buying X or Y next month, then I'll try to decide if I buy.

Alpha Sapphire definitely. Normally I decide on version exclusives and wait for those but I really like the cover and I prefer Kyogre to Groudon anyway.

Alpha Sapphire, as I had the original Sapphire version for the GBA. Since I also purchased both HG and SS, I'll consider buying Omega Ruby. Before doing that though, I should probably go out and buy that 3DS now... :loopy:

I'll get Omega Ruby first, since I got Ruby first and I like Groudon better than Kyogre, but I'll get Alpha Sapphire at some point, too.

I like Kyogre and some of Sapphire's exclusive Pokemon so I'll get Alpha Sapphire

Alpha Sapphire, I got a friend who is all ready getting Omega Ruby and I have always wanted to try Sapphire since I had Ruby as a kid.

Sapphire because I like team aqua better then team magma, so its like this: team magma/omega ruby or team aqua/alpha sapphire, besides there has already been a fire team, team flare, so its also because to take a break from fire types

Team Magma is a ground type team.

And Team Flare, despite the name, suits and background intro, werent really fiery at all apart from Malva.
They used mainly Dark and Poison. Off the top of my head only Fire I remember them using was Houndoom ie Dark/Fire

And Team Flare, despite the name, suits and background intro, werent really fiery at all apart from Malva.
They used mainly Dark and Poison. Off the top of my head only Fire I remember them using was Houndoom ie Dark/Fire

Exactly. So in reality, there really hasent been any fire type teams.

I prefer Kyogre, Seviper, Sapphires in general. Also, I sympathise a bit more with Team Magma, while I find Team Aqua to be a more crazy-villainous so I'd prefer to fight them. Also also, both the people I know who are buying this game are getting OR. Seems all the signs are point to Sapphire for me.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom