• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
Will get Alpha Sapphire since I played the original Sapphire. That will bring back many memories. ^^

Just pre-ordered Omega Ruby. Not sure how the universe works, but I'm FAIRLY certain that means that I'm getting red one.

After much consideration, I've decided to choose Omega Ruby. Despite originally playing Sapphire, I believe I'll prefer Omega Ruby, mainly for aesthetic reasons.

It was a hard decision, mainly due to needing another Kyogre, and because I know I prefer going through the storyline with a giant rainstorm rather than a heatwave. However, I can always trade for another Kyogre, and the part of the storyline with the giant Rainstorm/Heat wave only occurs once anyway.

As I prefer the colour Red, and the name Omega Ruby, and Rubies in general, that was mainly my reasoning for my decision. (Warning: Mind subject to change.)

Interesting seeing the logic here. It seems split between 'I'm getting both games cause reasons', 'I'm getting same game as before because nostalgia', 'I'm getting the opposite game to try something different'.

Glad to see my fellow members reppin' that #teamsapphire mentality.

...that being said, as my wallet sheds a tear, I'm thinking I'll buy OR as well. Probably not at launch, but I love Hoenn too much to confine myself to a single playthrough. Still have no idea whether to go digital or physical though.

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire because I had Sapphire back in the day. I also like Kyogre better than Groudon and blue is easier on the eyes for me.

I'm going for Omega Ruby, since Pokémon Ruby was my first Pokémon game. I also prefer Groudon over Kyogre. I have always thought that Groudon's design is extremely cool, and just the box-art screams BUY ME! :D

Since Sapphire was the first game I ever bought myself (and I still vividly remember that day!), I'll be buying AS first but hopefully will get OR in time.

If I did ever get one of them, it would have to be Alpha Sapphire. I remember playing Sapphire on my GBA 11 years ago for hours at a time. It would bring back so many memories! Wow...11 years...

Alpha Sapphire cause Primal Groundon is 4x weak to water. And I have Sapphire, but not Ruby. (I got Emerald first, but I'm not waiting for Beta Emerald or whatever the Emerald remake is going to be called to com out).

Alpha Sapphire since Sapphire is my childhood. I voted both because I also plan to get Omega Ruby for my Japanese 3DS.

Well, I said Alpha Sapphire originally, but I changed my mind and was going to go with Omega Ruby instead. And now I just bought both, so... XD

Mind has now been changed, I will be getting both now that there is a good pre-order bonus for the both of them.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom