• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which was more ridiculous; Dawn winning Wallace Cup or Iris winning Don Tournament?

Iris or Dawn which win did you dislike more?

• Dawn

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Iris

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • Both were ridiculious

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I can think of a more ridiculous win in a tournament

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
Re: Which was more ridiculous; Dawn winning Wallace Cup or Iris winning Don Tournamen

The Don Tournamnet for sure. Do you imagine if Excadrill wasn't used, how the outcome will be? Even though Excadrill was used to train 99 times, Axew is not seen battling much at all. So that's what gets me. I don't mind Excadrill but Emonga and Axew seem like they don't belong at times.

Re: Which was more ridiculous; Dawn winning Wallace Cup or Iris winning Don Tournamen

I don't believe how much people flare up over Iris winning the don battle, Ash chose to use Pikachu first, so Iris thought "lol I'll use Excadrill". If Ash chose to use Tranquill then Iris would have used Emolga (Alas, he never uses Tranquill) Pikachu's moves were useless, Excadrilll had a brilliantly diverse and powerful moveset, Ash probaly thought to himself "Crap, I'm gonna have to try but I'm not sure we can win" The only ridiculos part it that he'd chose Pikachu when he knew she could troll him with Excadrill.

On the other hand, May had competed in two Grand festivals in which she ranked very highly in both of them, she was an excellent coordinator (Seriously, if she didn't win the Johto GF, I'm gonna rage) Her Glaceon was he newest pokemon yes, HOWEVER, she still had Glaceon longer than Piplup if we are basing this on time. And consider the fact that Glaceon is a much stronger species than Piplup. Consider that rather than a normal battle, this was a contest battle, so it was dissapointing to hardly see any brilliant combinations devised by expert coordinator May and for Dawn to exel so well in the battle side rather than the beauty, makes no sense as for the last two contests she never got to battle and had minimal experiance.

The most terrible thing about this is it put May's return to the show in vain!

We watched May defeat Zoey, who Dawn to this day still has not beaten, and it makes little difference that May was using her most experianced Pokemon: Beautifly because Zoey was also using her 'Vintage'.

I'm not a Dawn hater, I enjoyed Dawn, I think her getting so far in the GF was rightful and just, however her Aqua ribbon is a lie! I appreciate how they wanted to build up Dawn breaking her lossing streak, bring back May, introduce Wallece, but her win was forced.

I would have preffered her to almost win, rather like she did in the GF agaist Zoey, which would have upped her confidence, and won another ribbon else where (Reducing the fillers between Candice and Volkner)

It's not about the fact of Iris winning, it's about how she won. The Tournament itself seemed rushed first of all. I wish they had more other trainers in the competition other than just the main characters and their rivals. That way, it would seem more drawn out. Second of all is the Pokemon. We see Excadrill come out twice with bad attitude, Emonga who didn't want to do anything and Axew who was mostly being kidnapped or thrown somewhere. With the Wallace Cup, Everyone's Pokemon was at top shape and ready.

I don't believe how much people flare up over Iris winning the don battle, Ash chose to use Pikachu first, so Iris thought "lol I'll use Excadrill". If Ash chose to use Tranquill then Iris would have used Emolga (Alas, he never uses Tranquill) Pikachu's moves were useless, Excadrilll had a brilliantly diverse and powerful moveset, Ash probaly thought to himself "Crap, I'm gonna have to try but I'm not sure we can win" The only ridiculos part it that he'd chose Pikachu when he knew she could troll him with Excadrill.

Do you not wonder though why the writers chose to have Ash use Pikachu at that moment? Yes, Excadrill rightfully won the battle but the actual fact that Ash was using Pikachu is one of the reasons why Iris' Don Geroge Tournament win was ridiculous. The plot was written in such a way that Iris would win - Axew learning Outrage, Emonga's obedience issues suddenly disappearing and Ash being absurdly handicapped in the final. Nothing about it was creditable, hence why it's widely considered ridiculous.

At least in the Wallace Cup, the writers didn't feel the need to give Dawn unfair advantages for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom