• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which was the More Threatening Evil Team?

The More Threatening Evil Team

• Team Rocket (when it's not just the TRio)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Aqua

• Team Galactic

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Hunter J's Organization

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Team Plasma

• Team Flare

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Srebak

Reaction score
The Pokemon Franchise is just full of Evil Teams to serve as antagonists and the Anime does rather well in making them formidable Story Arc villains. But which of them was most threatening overall?

Team Rocket claims to want to take over the world and Hunter J's organization (i think they still count) is pretty cruel when getting into what they do. But when it comes down to it, TR and Hunter J act more like common thieves and simple Organized Crime Syndicates rather than organizations out for world domination. It feels rather rare for TR to actually do any operations that would lead to world domination. And yes, I am aware that Hunter J is merely a poacher when all's said and done, but come on, what kind of common poacher has that kind of technology and manpower at their disposal?

Teams Aqua and Magma were out to control the Pokemon who controlled the land and sea, but Team Galactic was out to control the Pokemon that created Space and Time.

Team Plasma wanted to control the mind of a pokemon as Powerful as Reshiram and i don't even know what Team Flare is after.

So, who was the most threatening over all?

I cannot say much on Team Rocket. Yes, they mistreated Mewtwo by seeing it as a tool rather than a separate individual, and have tried to capture and control several Legendary Pokémon (eg: Meloetta). But we cannot see much of their true motivations because we're always stuck with the loser trio, and this will remain like this until the anime reaches the end (provided if it ever ends in our lifetimes).

Team Magma and Team Aqua are more symptomatic, like in the games, but they still have their ruthless moments. Team Galactic are mostly a Karma Houdini except for Cyrus (who died) and Mars, Jupiter and Saturn (all arrested, and Saturn even realizes his actions, impling he might reform).

The anime's portrayal of Team Plasma is a disgrace to the games, but you can't help it when an earthquake causes their original debut to be cancelled, so who knows what could've been, otherwise. But the worst part is basically making Colress an expy of Vexen (just without the "making a girl out of someone's memories" part), and having him use mind control on various Pokémon.

Team Flare? It's too early, but I suspect that they'll be similar to Team Plasma in being completly different than the game counterparts. We're only about nine episodes into the XY & Z arc.

Personally, it's J who's the largest threat in the anime so far. Selling Pokémon (including those stolen from trainers) into the black market, and willing to kill others (including children like Ash) just to escape unhindered. There's a reason why she and Cyrus are the only villains who have been killed in the main anime series so far.

The most sinister things, at least in my experience, are the things that you can't fully see. That's why so many people fear the dark.

With the exception of one of the teams on the list and speculating for Flare, they all eventually revealed themselves to the world in full for some grand plot and were destroyed because of that. I ought to note that I'm talking specifically about their appearances in the anime.

Team Rocket's always been different though. With a few exception where they've launched some big scheme, only to retreat afterwards, they've always remained the most shadowy of all the groups. They're like a shark. They swim around out of sight under the water, surface for a few seconds to attack something, and then retreat back to the depths. Untraceable yet omnipresent, the full extent of their network and plans unknown.

It's because of that ambiguity that I have to go with Team Rocket.

God, you know I was ready to say Hunter J, but Sir Jace's post totally spooked me and I am now fully ready to commit to fear of Team Rocket... Bravo Sir.

They're like a shark. They swim around out of sight under the water, surface for a few seconds to attack something, and then retreat back to the depths. Untraceable yet omnipresent, the full extent of their network and plans unknown.

That's a really good way of saying that sort of thing, mind if i use that somewhere down the line?

Out of all the villains, I have to say Hunter J, only because she's the only villain who was willing to kill. She was menacing, cold, and sadistic. She is just a poacher, but with the technology she has at her disposal and her willingness to kill, I think that makes her far more threatening. She was completely irredeemable.

Team Motherfucking Hunter J!

Though Galactic had some pretty good moments too, and Flare's shaping up to be pretty good.

Hunter J. You got me at "when it's not just the Trio" and even then I wouldn't have voted for them. Hunter J is the exact opposite of Trio. She's powerful, serious, willing for killing, and can make a mean story arc.

:( -sigh- to bad she died.

:( -sigh- to bad she died.

Hunter J was super resourceful in the anime though. Her ship got destroyed, we saw that. But we also did see her glasses float out of the ship before the explosion, leading to the possibility she too also had escaped.
My vote is Hunter J, I loved her so much and she is def my fave Pokemon Villain because of how evil she was... next to Jessie and her cuteness :love:

However, does everyone else agree that one major sad part in Best Wishes (aside from the whole saga itself) was Team Plasma, and their leader Ghetsis? His character was just sad, he barely did anything threatening really. Plus they didn't even have the Seven Sages either, EPIC FAIL BECAUSE THEY ARE BASICALLY THE ADMINS!!!

Team Galactic was also really cool too! They are my fav team in the games because I super loved the admins their storylines in the Manga, Games, and Anime :D:D

Team Galactic and Team Flare had very dangerous plans which would be trouble for people and Pokemon. Hunter J seems to be a great villain.

I probably would've said Galactic if it was only the "main" teams, but... you did include J's organization on there. That woman is absolutely ruthless, and I'm kinda surprised they went that far with her - I don't think there's been as serious of a villain before or since. It was quite clear that J was literally trying to kill Ash, which to be honest is something I wished more villains did. Hell, Rocket's based on the mafia, have Giovanni put a hit out on him or something.

Oh, and J turns stuff to stone, so that's always a plus with me.

I'd say I'm torn between both Team Galactic and Team Flare. Ironically the 2 with the most ridiculous outfits were the most threatening.
Team Galactic wanted to wipe out the whole universe, Team Flare wanted to kill everyone but themselves. So maybe Team Galactic is narrowly worse, but either way, everyone still dies. :/

OR

You could argue that Giratina was always going to step in to stop Cyrus, whereas so far Zygarde hasn't gotten involved to stop Team Flare (unless Z changes that), so Team Flare could have actually succeeded, they did destroy a whole town,

Let's briefly take this in 2 different directions:

1. Which group had the better uniform design?

From where i stand; Team Rocket's uniforms are "meh", Teams Magma, Aqua and Galactic all seemed too gimicky and Saturday Morning cartoony, particular the first two (how can you take a group seriously when their uniforms make them look like mascots for hot sauce or a bunch Sea Food restaurant employees), and Team Flare's uniforms are just plain ridiculous, if not for Lysander and his potential, I could not take those guys seriously as villains. Team Plasma, on the other hand, their garb looks like the kind you would expect a secret, black ops group to wear; militaristic and ominous looking. Hunter J's goons had a certain appropriate vibe to their uniforms; they didn't need to be flashy, they just had to look like the kind of people who would work for someone like J.

2. Which Group had the more impressive technology and vehicles at their disposal

The franchise has shown each of these groups in possession of high tech labs, helicopters, airships, airplanes, submarines, the works. But which had the more impressive arsenal?

Let's briefly take this in 2 different directions:

1. Which group had the better uniform design?

From where i stand; Team Rocket's uniforms are "meh", Teams Magma, Aqua and Galactic all seemed too gimicky and Saturday Morning cartoony, particular the first two (how can you take a group seriously when their uniforms make them look like mascots for hot sauce or a bunch Sea Food restaurant employees), and Team Flare's uniforms are just plain ridiculous, if not for Lysander and his potential, I could not take those guys seriously as villains. Team Plasma, on the other hand, their garb looks like the kind you would expect a secret, black ops group to wear; militaristic and ominous looking. Hunter J's goons had a certain appropriate vibe to their uniforms; they didn't need to be flashy, they just had to look like the kind of people who would work for someone like J.

2. Which Group had the more impressive technology and vehicles at their disposal

The franchise has shown each of these groups in possession of high tech labs, helicopters, airships, airplanes, submarines, the works. But which had the more impressive arsenal?

I think the White Team Plasma uniform was better than the black militariliastic one. As for arsenal, if you dont count the weapons powered by Pokemon (ie ultimate weapon and the ship with Kyurem) then Team Galactic the only team shown to actually use powerful bombs that can desolate an entire area.

team galactic were by far the best written team feel like a real threat that was built up over several great episodes

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom