• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which was your first game?

Which Was Your First?

• Total voters
Yellow was my first game, but I got Blue version within a month or so afterward. And I beat Blue first, so I always think that I had it first.

Silver.
I have three older brothers who beat me to all the Gen I games. So once Gen II came out, I picked Silver 'cause I thought Lugia was cool :3

My first game was Red (originally wanted Blue, but couln't find a copy), my dad bought it to me on November 9, 1998. I rememebr the date because he bought it when he did his shopping for my sister's birthday, which is Nov. 9. That was one of my best nights ever, something my sis still teases me about, since I didn't take part in the party due to being too busy playing on my green Game Boy Pocket (which just a few months later got replaced by a brand new Game Boy Color).

My first game was Pearl, which I got for my tenth birthday.

Diamond was my first game. I got it about a month or so after I got my DS.

I just picked Red, but I do believe that I got Red and Blue at the same time, which was, like, a month after their US release.

I first started playing Pokemon when I was about eight years old with Pokemon Blue. I wanted a Gameboy. My mum bought me a yellow one with Pokemon Blue from a Dixons (Remember them, UK fans?) and started playing it one Saturday afternoon in spring. My first Pokemon was Bulbasaur. I've been hooked ever since.

mine was Red
it was a gift from my uncle and because of it I ended up playing the whole game series

My first Pokemon game in general as a child was Pokemon Colosseum, but in terms of 'mainline' titles, I'm pretty sure my first title in general was LeafGreen, and from there on, starting with Ruby, I gained basically the entire Gen 3 library except Sapphire (which is pretty ironic if you're aware of my favorite Pokemon). Well, I did have a Sapphire, but it was this crappy bootleg variant that literally erases your save file if you so much as did anything that wasn't save the game before closing. And it didn't even have the proper blue casing.

I also had dabbled on some of Gen 1's spinoffs as a kid; I had the original Pokemon Pinball, and I played Pokemon Stadium on my cousins' N64.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom