• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which was your first game?

Which Was Your First?

• Total voters
A copy of Diamond was left at our house when I was about 8 or 9. I picked it up and played it, since I was already familiar with the anime and TCG, and it became my gateway into the Pokémon video games.

Red, which I got as a gift when I was younger. Then I got Gold not too long after, also as a gift. I played both around the same time, but I did start with Red as my first Pokemon game.

Mine was either Blue (most likely) or Crystal. I really didn't get into Blue that much, but I really loved Crystal. :)

Technically it'd be Pokemon Blue for the virtual console on 3DS, but my brother got me into it and he had to coach me through every level. Even then I don't think I surpassed the fourth gym. The first game I actually played for myself was Platinum, which was given to me by my other brother, and I managed to beat it without too much input from either of them. It still holds a special place in heart and is the only one I've replayed.

Wow everything Gen 6 onwards isn’t listed so I’ll just pick the first I got that’s listed (even if it’s not my first).
I got HeartGold, Pearl and Black all at the same time, but it only lets me pick one.

Guess I’ll pick HeartGold lol

Wow everything Gen 6 onwards isn’t listed so I’ll just pick the first I got that’s listed (even if it’s not my first).
I got HeartGold, Pearl and Black all at the same time, but it only lets me pick one.

Guess I’ll pick HeartGold lol
Yeah, this thread is definitely outdated at this point.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom