• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which was your first game?

Which Was Your First?

• Total voters
I think it was Blue. I remember being very upset that I didn't have "super dragon" on my cartridge, but I remember having both very early on as well. So I'm not sure which was first, but I'm leaning towards Blue.

I started to play Blue, and my dad was playing Red. We had Yellow since is was different than the other two. We kinda like to collect all the games. Usually he'll play one and I'll end up playing the other. Or against each other (for example, when he linked our Gameboy Colors or on Pokemon Stadium One/Two).

Red Version and Blue Version. I was lucky enough to enjoy this franchise since 1998, and the craze it started.

My first game was Pokemon Silver. I rented it often at Blockbusters back in the day, although I don't think I ever figured out how to get the Blackthorn badge in any of the times I rented it. I was so eager to own the game that I kept a paper clip from an newspaper ad in a Pokemon magazine. I got my own copy as a Christmas gift, which was pretty exciting for me and I've been playing Pokemon games ever since.

This is almost the extract same story I have!!!! I rented Pokémon Gold from Blockbusters when I was five! My parents searched everywhere - no Internet in the house back then - and found one for Christmas!

Pokemon Gold was my first game. I remember playing it non stop when I first got it (and long after). I would restart it when I got bored with the current game.

I still have it, but the internal battery is dead and it doesn't save anymore. :-(

Pokemon Red was the first I had. An interesting story is that on my gameboy color, the entire top half of the display failed, but I thought it a good idea to check out the seafoam islands anyway. Lo and behold, I somehow managed to find and catch the Articuno.

Anywho, I don't quite remember where the game went. It's either in my house, or it was stolen along with a couple other games I had brought with me to school in 6th grade. Considering I got Pokemon Silver by that time though, I'm inclined to think it's still in my house.

The very first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Red with the super fat GameBoy where you play games in black and white. I don't have the game anymore - I still have my Gold though, I believe.

pokemon soulsilver. i started playing on a website called click critters and it had pokemon on it and i thought that the pokemon were really cool so i bought soulsilver as soon as it came out.

Pokémon Blue, I was one of many kids who got into it in 1998/1999 when it got really popular in the UK. I still have my original save.

I remember my team well, too. :p
REX the Charizard; DUSTER the Venomoth; TEMPEST the Hypno; SPYRO the Seadra; TRIPLE the Dodrio and VOLTS the Jolteon.

My first game was Blue. So many great memories arise just thinking about it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom