• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Will YOU Get? Heart Gold or Soul Silver?

Which game will you get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you could get both Ho-oh and Lugia, but I prefer Heart Gold

I'm so cool i'm getting both, but they're not just for me, i got one for my left hand and one for my right hand

I didn't know you can get Ho-oh AND Lugia in both, and do you really get a discount for getting both games?

I didn't know you can get Ho-oh AND Lugia in both, and do you really get a discount for getting both games?

If the remakes are anything like the originals, then yes, you can get both legendaries in the games. However the game mascot will be at level 40 and the other at level 70 (I think). The mascot will also have its signature move (Aeroblast for Lugia, Sacred Fire for Ho-oh) while the secondary legendary will not (at least, this is the way it was in the original Gold/Silver so I don't know if the same holds true for the remakes).

Well, at first I only reserved HeartGold, cause I like Ho-oh better than Lugia. But later, I went back to GameStop, and I decided to reserve SoulSilver too (because I wanna get both the Ho-oh and Lugia figures). Haha. XD

So now I'm getting both games!!!! =D

And what is this I'm hearing about a discount when you buy both games? What store is doing this? =o

Well, at first I only reserved HeartGold, cause I like Ho-oh better than Lugia. But later, I went back to GameStop, and I decided to reserve SoulSilver too (because I wanna get both the Ho-oh and Lugia figures). Haha. XD

So now I'm getting both games!!!! =D

And what is this I'm hearing about a discount when you buy both games? What store is doing this? =o

Um? I hope you know you can get Ho-oh and Lugia in both games later.

sister reserved the other one woot so both kinda

Soulsilver for Skarmory, one of my favorite pokemon :D

wow, almost 50/50

But if you buy SoulSilver, you'll get a Lvl 70 Ho-Oh, right?

Yeah...but I rather get the legends I want early so I can decide what moves I want them to know (cause looked what happened to my Kyoger in Emerald)

Um? I hope you know you can get Ho-oh and Lugia in both games later.
Really? That's weird... =/

Well, I don't remember it being like that in the original Gold and Silver games. I thought it was just the mascot legendary. But I know it was like that in Crystal verison, cause it was the 3rd game.

But, if Ho-oh and Lugia are able to be caught in both versions, wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of buying both versions? Cause that doesn't give people much of a reason to buy the other version, once they have either HG or SS.

Also, I've been hearing that SoulSilver is the more popular version, so I guess it's doing really well with the pre-orders. But I have no idea how HeartGold will catch up in sales, if you can get both legendaries in both games. =o

Anyway, I'm sure there must be some differences between the two versions (like the different Pokemon and the times they appear). Right? In that case, it's still worth it to get both versions. ^^

^In the original Gold and Silver you did can catch both mascots, but the other version's was not available until the Kanto part of the game, at Lv. 70, and it didn't have its signaure move, whereas your version's mascot is available earlier, at Lv. 40 (so you can train it better) and does have its signature move. Despite that, both Lugia and Ho-Oh were catchable in Gold and Silver, and are in HGSS with the same restrictions.

Last edited:
I already have Soulsilver preordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom