• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Would You Prefer?

MrMeowPuss

Reaction score
For each game would you prefer the region map to be more detailed (each city is larger and small towms from the anime such as Village Of Dragons are included) or the regions to be the same way they are now but more than one region is included in the game just like HGSS?

For me I'd rather the larger more detailed map! Even though I loved having two regions in HGSS I would like a much bigger map and more details added

I agree with mwto. I'd reeeally love a game with -all- of the regions somehow connected- including Orre.

More than one region...

Imagines endless possibilities of the ultimate pokemon yellow expansion...

Personally, more regions. It makes it easier to mix new and old pokemon in a way that doesn't feel forced, lengthens the game a bit, and adds more gym leaders, more high-level trainers, more items, more legendary pokemon that don't feel out of place.
Plus, I would love to see how regions changed from game to game - what's Hoenn like say 3 years later when the next player-character gets there, How have the trainers changed? Are team aqua and magma up back to fighting? what kind of rumours and legends spawned in the wake of the Gen3 games?
One of my favourite things about Gen2 and the remakes is seeing how Kanto changed in the years since gen1 and it's remakes.

Id like to see the bigger map. More places to explore means more fun and enjoyment in the games and more Pokemon to catch and things to find. I wouldnt mind if they included 2 ore more regions in a game again, I hope they do that some time, but honestly not all of them in one game, that might be overwhelming and take a long time to finish.

This is an interesting one for me because I would love to see more than one region in a game again...but being faced with this question I have surprised myself...

I think I'd prefer a more detailed map.

Obviously a game with a really detailed map spanning more than one region would be ideal :)

I'm not really a fan of multiple regions, I would like more detailed maps in one region, allowing more variety to each route in appearance, rather than simply what Pokemon are found in those routes. I would also like to see more hidden locations that aren't found on the Town Map, like ones you have to find on your own to see what secrets they hold, that's something I would really want to see.

i wanna make skyla fly me to Hoenn :D After the events of the 3rd gen, im sure quite abit of land has changed. maybe a new island or 2 have formed.

I'd rather see more regions. I bet if they bumped the graphics down closer to 3rd gen, they could fit more than 2 regions in there.

I would have preferred to have more regions as G/S/C were always my favourite games up until B/W. I loved that even after you defeated the Elite Four there was still tones of gameplay left, which meant more training and Pokemon to catch, and so on. However I would rather have the best of both worlds. To have the story depth of B/W but with the post-story longevity of G/S/C and even D/P/Pl. The only fault I have with B/W is that the game seems to just stop once N leaves and finding the Sages is really just tacked on.

Ultimately, whether its extra areas or two regions to visit, I think what most game players want is more stuff to explore, more Pokemon to catch and more chances to train up. Or at least, that's what I want.

I think it would be cool if in B/W, we got to - instead of looking for the Sages, - we got to follow Touko/Touya to another region. Hoenn would be fun. It would be nice to see how different that would look. I haven't played R/S/E in a while so it'd be fun. You could actually have the airport in the game active. We've had boats and trains, time for the heroes to get some air miles.

I'd rather see more regions. I bet if they bumped the graphics down closer to 3rd gen, they could fit more than 2 regions in there.

This is actually VERY possible thanks to the 3DS! HGSS was a great game and a nice length which all fit on a DS cartridge ( which I think is 500MB but I'm not sure). Many articles have stated that 3DS cartridges have a Max capacity of 8GB so once the games become 3DS titles hopefully we can have more than one detailed region with b&w graphics!

I would also like for the second region to be just as story driven as the first, HGSS are definitely my favorite games of the series but I wish when you travelled to Kanto it was just as story driven as Johto was!

Also how does everyone feel about small details such as having the first pokemom
In your party following you outside their Pokeball? I personally liked it and felt it was a small but good detail that should of been in b&w too!

Maaan, I'd love to have two or more regions in a game, because I remember being disappointed a few times hoping that the Battle Frontiers would be a bit more spread out like they were in the anime. Only to get to them, and realize they were in close proximity, and there was no traveling around two-games-in-one thing. That bummed me out when I was younger. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned ALL OF THE REGIONS EVER in one game, and I'd totally pay legit money for that.

I prefer a fuller detailed region like Shinnoh, which is why Platinum is still the best Pokemon game in my opinion. A full region feels more REAL somehow, though I guess it's because I was born and raised in Alaska. I never liked the 2-region thing of GSC/HGSS, because it killed all the potential Johto had. Instead of being its own region with its own Pokemon, it's merely an extension of Kanto. They don't even get their own Elite 4. In short, Johto is a sad pathetic region, they could have done so much more with it, instead of having it cling to Kanto. Shinnoh can stand on it's own 2 feet, so I'd rather have regions like that.

Maaan, I'd love to have two or more regions in a game, because I remember being disappointed a few times hoping that the Battle Frontiers would be a bit more spread out like they were in the anime. Only to get to them, and realize they were in close proximity, and there was no traveling around two-games-in-one thing. That bummed me out when I was younger. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned ALL OF THE REGIONS EVER in one game, and I'd totally pay legit money for that.

Yeah when I first tried the battle frontier I was kind of disappointed too! For games with a single region they make a battle frontier that's more like the anime to make it more intetesting, you could see a locked building the first time you visit a certain place and then post league you can enter and challenge the frontier brain! I also don't get why they didn't make contests more realistic, it could of added so many more hours of gameplay to the games.

Someone mentioned the Elite Four which makes me also wonder, would you prefer it if once you get all the badges you enter the league of your current region and there's a top 16 sort of tournament and afterwards you could challenge the champion if you win? Also as you travel you could meet members of the Elite four and get to battle them like in the Anime.

I would prefer a detailed region. Two regions is nice, but I would rather have the games stand on their own rather than need to aid of a past game.

I would prefer a detailed region. Two regions is nice, but I would rather have the games stand on their own rather than need to aid of a past game.

I agree with that, actually. I mean I loved Pokemon Gold and Silver as my favourite game right up until recently when Black and White came out but there was very little to do in Kanto apart from battle the gym leaders. My favourite bit was with that Rocket who doesn't realise the team has disbanded because it was fun to still feel there was an automatic game play. So yes, maybe one uber-massive region would be good.

And maybe some more little missions in between the main storyline.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom