• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

White/Black = Terrible Names?

To be honest, black/white makes me much more excited than another random birthstone/random birthstone could ever make me.

I actually like them.It reminds me of the times of the color versions(R/B/Y)
Why not have something more simple for a change? And heck with political correctness. If that was the reason they chose the name,then I bet the third version will be the Apartheit Version.Or a second Yellow version.

Hmm, I'm starting to warm up to the names. I still don't like them as much as the 4th gen names, but then again I've always preferred the gem names.

Maybe the reason it's called Black and White is because one of the main characters are black.

Then that means....FIRST BLACK PROTAGONIST EVA! That'll be quite the game. :yawn:

Maybe the reason it's called Black and White is because one of the main characters are black.

Then that means....FIRST BLACK PROTAGONIST EVA! That'll be quite the game. :yawn:

no, they're not black. It'd be pretty noticeable if they were.

We all know that each generation has gotten a name, The color, The metal, The advanced, and The diamond and pearl generation. What sould be the new generation's name? I'm suggesting: The Shade genaration. Ya know, 'cuz Black and White are shades. So whaddya guys say? Any other names?

We all know that each generation has gotten a name, The color, The metal, The advanced, and The diamond and pearl generation. What sould be the new generation's name? I'm suggesting: The Shade genaration. Ya know, 'cuz Black and White are shades. So whaddya guys say? Any other names?

I've thought of it as the Spectrum series. There's probably a more fitting name, but that one has stuck in my head.

While I am all for racial diversity, all of the crazies who think the names are racist would take it as being proof. Probably not good.

They're nice & simplistic, I like them.

And if it is becoming a spectrum series then that means we have Orange, Pink & Brown coming since they're the only colours not done yet, and hopefully the orange one will be about the orange islands.

The only thing that soncerns me is that the third version will likely be brown or gray, which are terrible names.

I don't really like either. I mean, Black and White are cool because they're not only prominent colors but they have a modern sort of meaning, whilst being connected to the past. Kind of a mix between nostalgia and newness, you know? However, Brown and Grey don't accomplish either of those things. They're just kinda boring colors.

Also Brown would just be putting fuel on the racism-fire.

I don't really like either. I mean, Black and White are cool because they're not only prominent colors but they have a modern sort of meaning, whilst being connected to the past. Kind of a mix between nostalgia and newness, you know? However, Brown and Grey don't accomplish either of those things. They're just kinda boring colors.

Also Brown would just be putting fuel on the racism-fire.

i see what you mean, but i like the subtly of those colors. brown and gray don't stand out, but they compliment other colors. brown would be too risky,but gray could work.

Grey and crimson were both trademarked by Game Freak. Brown wasn't.

Grey and crimson were both trademarked by Game Freak. Brown wasn't.

I'd prefer "Pokémon Crimson" to "Pokémon Grey" to be honest. Sure, Black, White and Grey makes sense; but Pokémon Crimson just breaks through the original pair, if you get what I'm saying. It stands out.

I like the names. I think of them as being based on the concept of yin and yang in which case they would represent peace, and balence more so then conflict. Masuda would not be a hypocrite.

as far as a generation name goes. I vote for the neutral generation (Black and white are neutral colors as opposed to Blue being cool or red being warm.)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom