• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who actually officiates the many manga series?

ekatheparas

*returns car keys* I can't drive
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. None
I know Pokespe is fully supported by the entirety of pokemon (including Mr. Satoshi himself!!) but what about the other manga series? Such as the BW Good Partners one (if that is what it is called), Pokemon Zensho,, and most of all (my question stems from these in particular) electric tale of pikachu and the first manga by kosaku anakubo exists,, for a franchise originally for children,, what the heck were those,, i doubt most of the pokefranchise agreed with it.

I doubt there's any one person making these decisions and the people who do has probably changed at least once over the years. I get why your curious considering some of the...odd...stuff around, but I think there's a different explanation.
Partly, Japan just has different standards than the West--a lot of stuff aimed at younger audiences over there needs to either get aimed at older ones or get a lot of censorship if it gets brought over. So a good chunk of the people in charge probably don't care too much about it, but it doesn't usually get brought over unaltered.
Additionally, Pokémon is officially supposed to be an "everyone" franchise rather than aimed specifically at kids (that's why we see adults in the commercials more recently) even if that rarely comes across, especially nowdays in English; from that perspective some of the spicier stuff doesn't feel as odd. Even fairly recently we had at least one adult joke in the live action film.

It's funny how different the manga adaptions are from each other. We have the really bland ones focused on advertising the movies etc and then we have the weird ones with sexy female characters and violent scenes lol.

I know Pokespe is fully supported by the entirety of pokemon (including Mr. Satoshi himself!!) but what about the other manga series? Such as the BW Good Partners one (if that is what it is called), Pokemon Zensho,, and most of all (my question stems from these in particular) electric tale of pikachu and the first manga by kosaku anakubo exists,, for a franchise originally for children,, what the heck were those,, i doubt most of the pokefranchise agreed with it.
They very much did agree. Japan has different standards for what content is allowed, so a lot of the early manga could get away with that kind of stuff. A lot's changed since then, though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom