• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who do you prefer, Dawn's Piplup or Ash's Oshawott?

Yoshi-san

All of the bara
Reaction score
It's safe to say that Oshawott has taken the place for Piplup in the anime. They both have a lot of screen time and share the same color scheme.

Who do you prefer?

I hate, loath and despise Dawn's Piplup with a passion. I can see why you're comparing the two though, and truthfully I would probably end up hating Oshawott too if it was never off screen, but in small doses it's cute and humorous, like Bell <--- If seen to much it becomes annoying quickly!

Oshawott is definitely more likeable than Piplup imo, but this could change (depending on how try-hard it becomes)

This is really a hard choice...Because Dawn's Piplup was my favorite Pokemon and Starter in DP but now in BW Oshawott was my starter and Ash's Oshawott's comedic aspects are great and currently Oshawott is now my favorite Pokemon :< I think Im going to go with Ash's Oshawott because its so badass with its Shell ^^

TBH I love Mijumaru a bit more than Pochama. Maybe because Miju wasn't shoved in our faces so much.

What? Mijumaru wasn't shoved in our faces?

That thing appears even when it has no business in the episode. Take BW019 for example, it just appeared and didn't even battle. All we got was a silly footage of him throwing away his shell and then playing it back on his belly. The main reason why I dislike Mijumaru is because although he has some moments of glory once in a while, he takes away the needed screentime for other Pokémon.

Oshawott, definitely. Piplup was an attention-hog who was too stubborn to evolve. Oshawott deflected a Solarbeam with a freakin' shell blade, for crap's sake. And did I mention how cute it was when Oshawott was running around with Pansage nomming on his head? XD IMO, Ash's Oshawott is far cuter than Dawn's Piplup will ever be.

Plus, I prefer the Oshawott-line's design over that of the Piplup-line.

Definitely Piplup! However, I think they both have strong personalities, but I prefer Piplup's to Oshawott's. Also I like Piplup's design better.

Oshawott had a lot of potential, but I really think they executed it wrong. He just comes across as kinda annoying. I honestly didn't really have a problem with Piplup, so that's where my vote goes.

I actually prefer Pochama. Not that I was a great fan of Pochama, but at least it became the buttmonkey and had some comedic episodes. For some reason, so far I've found Mijumaru more grating.

Oshawott. Piplup crossed the line in annoyance. He thought he was all that, despite epicaly failing and looking stupid at times. And that wanting to be equal to Pikachu.

Oshawott feels more balanced. He does his thing, but isn't shoved down our throats like Piplup was, and he knows his limits. And Oshawott actually makes me laugh at his antics. Piplup made me laugh at his failure.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom