• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who do you ship Dawn with?

Title^

• PaulxDawn (Ikarishipping)

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • AshxDawn (Pearlshipping)

Votes: 74 23.3%
  • KennyxDawn (Penguinshipping)

Votes: 51 16.1%
  • BarryxDawn (Twinleafshipping)

Votes: 27 8.5%
  • ZoeyxDawn (Appealshipping)

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • MayxDawn (SapphirePearlshipping)

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Other or none (If other, which one?)

Votes: 73 23.0%

• Total voters
Dawn/Zoey, Dawn/Ash, Dawn/May is top 3. I like Conway's creepy stalker attitude toward Dawn but that's about it.

Honestly besides her bond with Ash, Dawn worked much better with females. She basically rejected all guys who had a crush on her in canon (Kenny/Conway), was disinterested in others (Paul), whereas Dawn always seemed to be more interested in girls. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn was intended to be the first canon lesbian female protagonist.

Zoey and Dawn for sure! Ash and Dawn ew no (hint I don't like Ash haha). I think that it would be cool if we had a couple brought together by their passion of contests and that their friendship and romance has grown because of their intense battling and dedication. Therefore, Zoey and Dawn :D

I don't really ship her with anyone. I'm not even that much into shipping.

If I had to choose thought I'd def go with Zoey. As Lucy mentioned above it'd be interesting to see a couple brought together by their passion for contests. I also quite like the chemistry they have with eachother. In addition to that I have to admit that it'd be nice to see more LGBT+ characters in Pokémon or you know, any at all, and it'd be cool if said characters could be ones that are as memorable as Dawn and Zoey. Seeing characters that you identify with to a kid can mean a lot.

I'm a Pearlshipper. Always have been and probably will always be. I just love the friendship Dawn had with Ash and how she actually wore a cheerleading outfit to cheer him on in some of his gym battles, which is something no other girl has done for him.

While Dawn/Zoey or Dawn/Ash are the most basic of choices. I usually ship Dawn/Serena together because. They just have so similar personalities both are into fashion, they both like the whole Pokemon Contest/Showcase thing.

I'm not very much into shipping, and the ships I actively support tend to be between adult characters, but Appealshipping has a special place in my heart. I was a kid when DP was airing and there was something about Dawn and Zoey's relationship that felt different to me. This doesn't make sense at all, I know, but what I mean is that I was one of those kids who thought love was gross, but I didn't get any "ew gross" vibes from imagining Dawn and Zoey in a romantic relationship. Fast forward some years later and I realised why I thought about them so much (and why I thought love was gross, too). It's the only ship I remember the name of, too. :p

If we're talking about game!Dawn, then Barry. If we're talking about anime!Dawn, then Zoey.

I used to be a reeeally big TwinleafShipper back in the day, I still like it but I'm not nearly as invested in it now as I was like ten years ago lol. I think a big part of it may just be nostalgia talking since it reminds me of the peeps I used to gush about it with back then. I voted AppealShipping on the poll, since it's the one I'm more actively a fan of these days.

Everything else on the poll is okay too, I can see the case for 'em — just nothin' I ever really got into compared to those two though.

I personally ship Dawn with Ethan in the games and anime thanks to fan art (he had a cameo in the Zoroark Movie ). Consider it a personal headcanon.:giggle:
I also love Pearlshipping and DawnxZoey too. I can see DawnxGary because of Dawn's apparent love for poetry and DawnxChloe as a parallel to AshxGoh.

But, I'm forever Team Goldlightshipping and Team Pearlshipping when it comes to Dawn.

Last edited:
Oh gosh what are my Dawn ships these days. IT'S BEEN SO LONG.

I think at the end of the day SapphirePearlshipping reigns as my favorite Dawn ship...the Wallace Cup was just so damn good man

I'm also still very fond of Twinleafshipping, Annemaeshipping (DawnxIris), and Stockingssshipping (DawnxLyra). Ikarishipping is still fun. Practically nothing going for it but I do like what little interaction they did have and aesthetically it's lovely. Oystershipping (MistyxDawn) is one I used to really like when we thought Misty would have a DP appearance and the prospect of them meeting each other was very exciting to me haha. Sadly that never happened and my interest in the ship dwindled, but like Ikarishipping I still think it's aesthetically cute. And while I seem to be incapable of forming any sort of real attachment to Appealshipping it is a very pretty ship with a great dynamic, so it has my appreciation.

Back
Top Bottom