• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

who do you ship within pokemon?

A lot of ships, but I'll just copy and paste my favorite ships from a profile post I made:

GracefulShipping (Wallace x Winona)
SabotageShipping (Wallace x Winona x Steven) (it's a guilty pleasure ok?)
FemmeGymShipping (Sabrina x Erika)
FleurdeGrandeShipping (Grant x Viola)
FrostedFairyShipping (Siebold x Valerie)
FeastShipping (Grant x Valerie x Siebold)
AquaHeartShipping (Nessa x Sonia)
TrueRivalShipping (Raihan x Leon)
DarkSteelShipping (Steven x Cynthia)
AoShipping (Riley x Cheryl)
MasakudoShipping (Will x Karen)
AirplaneShipping (Elesa x Skyla)
SteelLairShipping (Jasmine x Clair)
PikeMaidenShipping (Anabel x Lucy)
MonolithShipping (Brock x Olivia)
SacredShipping (Morty x Eusine)
RockSmashShipping (Roxanne x Brawly)
MossShipping (Roark x Gardenia)
DualRivalShipping (Cheren x Bianca)
PinkPaintShipping (Ilima x Mina)
AquariumPlantShipping (Mallow x Lana)
HardenShipping (Archie x Maxie)

Pikachu and Buneary: I always found this shipping to be rather cute and I honestly first fell in love with it because of the fanfictions made from this pairing. It's nice how Buneary helps give Pikachu a sense of characterization while also being a character herself. It's a unique pairing and Buneary felt well characterized. Honestly, this is just cute, wholesome, and provide more characterization for Pikachu(which we don't have anymore...) and I LOVE IT. :bulbaLove:

Brock and Lucy: I found it nice how Lucy was the first person to actually fall for Brock and the whole joke about her "having a thing for Brock's eyes" was kind of hilarious too. They're both rather impressive trainers and I think they could really match one another.

Ash and Serena: It's closest to canon. I lean towards canon ships and there isn't any real reason. I'm honestly only putting it here because I have a lot of Amourshipping in my fics since it's the easiest ship to write. (Personally I always found that Amourshipping ruined Serena's character...)

Cilan and Iris: I feel like these two would have a very interesting chemistry in a romance, but not just any romance: a forbidden one. One of my headcanons is that Iris becomes champion like her game counterpart, and since champions and gym leaders technically work together, relationships between them aren't allowed: especially if they're in the same region. Cilan has feelings for Iris but Iris is oblivious and due to her childish nature, Cilan ends up taking care of her as now that she's focused on her champion duties, she tends to forget about everything else(like taking care of herself). Cilan does it as a friend and partially because of his feelings but he keeps it a secret because it would be scandalous if people found out especially since his relationship was supposed to be mostly professional with her. Thus, he keeps it a secret, Iris is oblivious, and it's just very cute and sad and wholesome at the same time. The main reason I ship it is because of their interactions in the anime, honestly: they honestly blend really well but at the same time don't-hence my translation of a forbidden romance. (Though, now I feel bad for Cilan... :p )

May and Drew: I personally felt as if this was the closest thing to a proper romance pokemon has ever given us. Rivals and lovers, everyone else aware but the people in question in denial...it just feels so wholesome!

Bonnie and Max: In the far off future. I feel as if this pairing would be really cute and it's kinda funny to imagine these sassy as hell kids travelling together and being in a romance. I imagine May will enjoy teasing Max a lot, though Clemont would probably have more fun: getting revenge for all the times she embarrassed him.

Jessie and James: Meh...I honestly always liked Team Rocket better as a complete and whole friendship/team, but I don't mind a few Rocketshipping here and there. I've actually read a few before until I decided I liked Team Rocket as a group better, so I dropped that. (One of my headcanons though, is that they do kinda love each other and in the far off future they adopt a little girl making her their legal daughter-even though they never actually get married.)

Clemont and Serena
: I always found this pairing to be much cuter and wholesome than Amour. Too bad Clemont and Serena barely get any interactions or dynamics.

(I'm starting to enter fanfiction/headcanon territory here, so I'm probably the only person that ships these ones since they're based off of my personal take on certain characters.)

Talonflame and Swellow
: I call this...Arrogantshipping! Why? Well, in my headcanon Ash's talonflame and swellow are both insanely arrogant-Talonflame is a huge tsundere, and Swellow is even more so. Though, Talonflame is more grounded since he basically thinks that the only ones that are better than him are legendaries(also Pikachu) while Swellow, and I quote a post in my headcanons post in another thread, "literally thinks of herself as a god". Yes, Swellow is the female.

Greninja and Inteleon
: Secretshipping~ Get it, cause ninja and agent~? Anyway, I just found the parallels between these two very interesting, and Ash's greninja having the whole special gimmick of Bond Phenomenon blends well with my female inteleon and her gimmick of having a s*** ton of moves in her arsenal.

Goodra and Florges: Liasonshipping~! Also, another forbidden romance-only this time it is because of pokemon society frowning upon those with opposite types or ones that clash with one another fraternizing together-it's honestly bad enough that these two now help "rule" and take care of the wetlands together. I honestly found this relationship interesting and feel as if it could really be an awesome one. Especially considering the history between these two. Again, this is also a part of my fanfiction headcanons.

Hawlucha and Mienshao: Honorshipping! Ash's hawlucha and Korrina's mienshao. And to you, I ask: :wynaut:?

Sarah Jenny and Looker: Remember that Officer Jenny who helped out the XY group with the malamar thing? Right, well, since she was part of the "plot" like Looker was, I thought it would be nice to see them together, so they're also for my fanfiction(I mean, all of these are...) where I named that Jenny, Sarah. I call this Lawshipping.

Sceptile and Bayleef/Meganium: Seriously, :wynaut:? The two have interesting stories, it could provide interesting conflicts on Sceptile's end and Bayleef would be able to get a guy while deal with problems herself. It just feels like the type of relationshi that would always be placed in dramas and the like, so, I ship it.

(Back to the show!)

Misty and Psyduck: This is such an interesting pairing and is the most godly pairing of all. It beats every single shipping ever made and this ship should be the canon ship and should take over the series. Best pairing.

One of my headcanons is that Iris becomes champion like her game counterpart, and since champions and gym leaders technically work together, relationships between them aren't allowed
Omigoodness I had a very similar headcanon at some point, where Champions couldn't have relationships with each other (later extending to E4 members and Gym Leaders). I love secret relationships.

I try narrow it down to favs:

Anime:
Palletshipping
diodeshipping
Firstfriendshipping
Pearlshipping
Abilityshipping
Contestshipping
Appealshipping
Coldcoffeeshipping
Forthwheelshipping
MonolithShipping

Game:
Originalshipping/Conflictshipping
Firsttrainershipping
preciousmetalshipping
Hoennshipping
Sailorshipping
originshipping
LoverivalShipping/NewRivalShipping
dualrivalshipping
ferriswheelshipping/IsshuShipping
ShiroShipping/RebelShipping
SequelShipping/Greyskyshipping
TranceiverShipping/LiveCasterShipping
BoutiqueShipping/BrightTomorrowShipping
Sunflowershipping/nightbloomshipping
gladion x hau
Postwickshipping/Slumberingwealdshipping

Pokéshipping (Ash x Misty)
Smartkidshipping (Max x Molly Hale)

That's it really

samisenshipping is legit my favorite ship of all time
also a biiiig fan of the following:
  • rocketshipping
  • ikebanashipping
  • sabotageshipping
  • plainhiveshipping
  • hardenshipping
  • moonlilyshipping
  • gothgfshipping
  • namelessshipping
  • whitecarnationshipping
  • sugarandspiceshipping
  • doublesidedshipping

Boutiqueshipping is my favourite ship I think
  • Contestshipping
  • Questshipping (is this the name?? Ethan and Kris) (I Give up on finding names)
  • Lillie X Selene (games, my verse technically)
  • Dawn X Lucas (these two (the one below too) I’m not the hugest on but I’m shipping them for story purposes in my verse)
  • Gloria X Victor (I love these two in my verse actually)
  • I have three ash ships. Pokeshipping (not the biggest on it though) amourshipping (also not the hugest but more like when I watched Xyz I was like “yea that girl totally likes him”) and journeyshipping (again, when I watched journeys I was like “oh goh totally likes him”)
  • Dawn X zoey is cool
  • Dawn X Conway Is kind of a joke ship for me but also not
  • Um what else do I ship
  • Steven x Wallace is cool but it’s just not in my verse

IDK what any of the 'proper' names for these ships are (because tbh I actually find using names for ships incomprehensible to me like 'I support toiletshipping' what the hell does that even mean) but I ship Penny and Nemona, Gloria and Marnie, Elesa and Skyla, Erika and Sabrina, and Sonia and Nessa.

Yes I only ship F/F pairs, sue me.

Back
Top Bottom