• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who do you think is the plot twist villain for ScarVio?

Who is the plot twist villain of ScarVio?

• The Protagonist

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Koraidon/Miraidon

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Nemona

• Professor Sada

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Professor Turo

• Arven

• Clavell

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Grusha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penny

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Jacq

• Somebody else in the trailers (please feel free to elaborate in the thread)

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
I think a more interesting direction for Clavell would be that he's actually just a coward or at least easily scared. He puts up a serious and authoritative front, because he's the director of the school, but when he comes across a scary or intimidating Pokemon he hides away in fear. I also don't think Geeta will be the twist villain despite being the chairwoman of the Victory Road. I imagine her more as an end game or even post game boss battle whose team could potentially be like Cynthia's in BDSP with good EVs, IVs and held items.

Out of all the character's I've seen so far, I'd have to say the one I'd suspect the most is Geeta. I dunno. Something about her feels off to me. Something about her outfit and posture in her art. And that symbol on her gloves. Can't remember if its in other places in the game but on a glove like that it just screams "I RUN A CULT" to me.

I do not trust you, weird hair lady. I have my eye on you.

I lean towards Clavell but as I've said before:
Humans are fickle; only trust your Pokémon.

Anyone and everyone else could betray you or turn out to be evil or trick you into trading your Medicham for their Haunter.

I am pretty sure it's Geeta. Though I have a feeling she will be a well meaning villain with noble intentions. She just gives me the vibe of an extremely idealistic person, willing to use a time machine to warp reality according to her ideals or something. And for some serious reason, no less. She doesn't seem narcissistic like Lusamine. Just some well meaning scientific person willing to go to great lengths for their goals. Maybe even the twist is that she tries to AVERT the catastrophe that's prophesized but in reality, the prophecy is false and created by another villain, more serious one but she tries to save the world and endangers the world in result instead. Would be cool in my opinion. But I also voted for Nemona not because she is sinister but because I can see her as a traitor for an evil team. She seems overambitious to me. But I also feel that both women will also be redeemed at some point. If there is someone who is really behind it all, I have a feeling we haven't met them yet.

the plot twist is that all the characters written to be obvious twist villains are actually good guys and there is no actual twist
I’ll take it one step further; these will be the most conflict-free games in the series so far. Any major story will take a backseat to focus on the open world exploration aspect. Team Star will be the biggest threat but just as harmless as Skull or Yell.

We’re getting the Pokémon game equivalent of a sitcom.

I voted for the last option for the unorthodox reason of thinking the twist antagonist might be a mix of all the usual suspects Geeta and most of the school staff (including Clavell)… because the Herba Mystica and the Tera Jewels are somehow amplifying people’s greed and personal ambitions while simultaneously warping the flow of time according to said ambitions. In the same twist, Team Star (including Penny) are actually the good guys trying to stop everyone from succumbing to the time-warping power’s influence. While most of them snap out of it, Arven will unfortunately double down in order to keep one of his parents from death’s door (either Sada or Turo depending on the game you play) while trying to resurrect the other parent and will be revealed to be responsible for triggering the time warping in order to expose both the academy and the Pokémon League, blaming them for what happened to his parents. He could also care less about who gets hurt in the process as long as he gets to be truly happy again.

That right guys, the main gimmick of Gen 9 and the major plot point for the Titan route are the real “villains” and the usual “evil team” will instead be inverted from what we’ve been used to while the major allies in Pokémon games become corrupt jerks (not if their own accord mind you except for Arven due to wanting his family back while simultaneously taking revenge).

I think something terrible will happen with Arven but I'm not sure if he is evil? He can't just be a regular cook if he has an entire sidequest dedicated to him. Not to mention the fact that he seems to be related to both professors even though only one of them can exist in the game. Not to mention the possible name of the future/past forms being paradox Pokemon. Is Arven also a paradox?

I suspect that they might bring back the multiverse stuff from ORAS and SM. Perhaps that is why Clavell is the only one with two outfits in the official art. Why only include both designs for him but not the other characters?

Now things are pretty clear... Arven is clearly a child of Sada and Turo so he will (I think) try to cause a time paradox to bring them together or something. So he is not all he seems to be. I think Khu hinted at him being the cause of paradox when he asked on Twitter about its cause. The options were something like a) The box legendaries b) The third legendary c) Professors d) Arven. If you think about it, Arven is the most likely one to do it because box legendaries don't seem harmful and third legendary is about tera, not paradoxes. But I think Arven will try to use a legendary to travel through time or something. After all, after sky and land travel on legendary's back, time travel is all that remains. As for Arven being a villain though...I think he's not still. But someone who gave him this idea might be.

Gym teacher lady showed up again in the 5 and a half minute overview trailer. She's the only character that we don't know that showed up more than once. Not even old-style-Sugimori man showed up since his first appearance.

I'm just saying.

I'd have to agree that Clavell seems the most likely. I could definitely see the Treasure Hunt turning out to be something he just put on as a means to acquire wealth for himself or otherwise trying to find the items he needs to further his scheme.

As for Penny, I'm really getting Gladion/Marnie vibes from her. I think she probably was a good girl at one point, but then had some traumatic experience with Clavell or one of the teachers, and so now she's always cutting class & is secretly connected to Team Star.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom