• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Who do you think your main will be?

WyndonCalling

Super Moderator
Reaction score
UNITE's just on the horizon and we know the full roster of starting fighters, as well as broad information about their playstyles - so which Pokémon are you most looking forward to playing as, and why?

As Staff I'm obviously obliged to at least give Venusaur a try, but Cramorant just looks so hilarious to run around as. From a gameplay perspective I've always enjoyed supportive roles, so I'm also interested in Eldegoss, Wigglytuff and, to a lesser extent, Mr Mime.

1625578835956.png

1625578872746.png

HumanDawn

King of Luxray
Reaction score
I have no idea how the characters will work, but Garchomp will probably be the first one to try out.

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
While I of course had to try Venusaur for a few matches, I'm finding the most success with Talonflame for now. Looking forward to trying out the other speedsters in Absol and Gengar when I get those.

BigBadButterfree

Professionally Befuddled
Reaction score
Didn't care for Pikachu or Charizard during the tutorial. I picked Eldegoss as my first license. Tried out a couple of them (I sucked with Slowbro) and I think I landed on...

Crustle. I enjoy Crustle.

Enzap

Amphibious Friend
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
So far I've had the most fun with Zeraora. Zipping in and out of combat with Volt Switch is so satisfying.

WyndonCalling

Super Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
I've found that Slowbro also fits my playstyle well but I'm still leaning towards Eldegoss for Cotton Guard for the team. I need to give Mime a try, too.

WyndonCalling

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Archaic mentioned to me that Cramorant is coming to be regarded as busted, and I wasn't sure why given my middling experiences of using it... until I used Dive. Fast movement is incredibly powerful in this game, and on a ranged attacker like Cramorant it's easy to use it to chase down opponents or flee back to safety, with the added bonus of a Gulp power-up as well. Dive could perhaps do with a max charge of two uses, rather than three.

WyndonCalling

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm now thoroughly settled with Eldegoss, and since I started opting for Pollen Puff over Leaf Tornado I'm occasionally getting MVP, too.

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
Found myself playing Venusaur a bit more after I had a few matches in a row where I couldn't pick any of the speedsters due to others selecting them first. Honestly finding myself enjoying the game more with the 'saur than I was before, and having a much higher win rate as well. I suspect this is likely to be my main going forward. I really do need to find a good 2nd and 3rd pick though, so I've got something to fall back on when Venusaur gets picked. Finding it quite difficult to adjust back to the melee after having played so many games as ranged.

BigBadButterfree

Professionally Befuddled
Reaction score
Found myself playing Venusaur a bit more after I had a few matches in a row where I couldn't pick any of the speedsters due to others selecting them first. Honestly finding myself enjoying the game more with the 'saur than I was before, and having a much higher win rate as well. I suspect this is likely to be my main going forward. I really do need to find a good 2nd and 3rd pick though, so I've got something to fall back on when Venusaur gets picked. Finding it quite difficult to adjust back to the melee after having played so many games as ranged.
I've been maining Eldegoss and Crustle, but I didn't buy Crustle cuz of the 7 day reward thing to get it. The final task for it was to be the MVP of a match, which I'm obviously never gonna get as Gossy. So I gave Venusaur a shot, and while I'm not great at the role, I was able to snipe enough and really focus on goals and get the MVP status. Hanging back and picking off weak enemies with a perfectly-aimed solar beam is very satisfying.

WyndonCalling

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'm pretty settled on Cramorant as my second - his natural fragility forces quite a conservative playstyle, which transpires is actually a sound approach for opportunistic knock-outs and safe scoring.

TheCapsFan

Flowers for Vases
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I really like Absol, Alolan Ninetales, and Zeraora so far. I dislike Talonflame immensely unfortunately despite it being one of my favorite Pokemon; for some reason I just can't control its attacks as well as Ninetales.