• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE Who do you think your main will be?

Reaction score
UNITE's just on the horizon and we know the full roster of starting fighters, as well as broad information about their playstyles - so which Pokémon are you most looking forward to playing as, and why?

As Staff I'm obviously obliged to at least give Venusaur a try, but Cramorant just looks so hilarious to run around as. From a gameplay perspective I've always enjoyed supportive roles, so I'm also interested in Eldegoss, Wigglytuff and, to a lesser extent, Mr Mime.

1625578835956.png

1625578872746.png

I have no idea how the characters will work, but Garchomp will probably be the first one to try out.

Archaic mentioned to me that Cramorant is coming to be regarded as busted, and I wasn't sure why given my middling experiences of using it... until I used Dive. Fast movement is incredibly powerful in this game, and on a ranged attacker like Cramorant it's easy to use it to chase down opponents or flee back to safety, with the added bonus of a Gulp power-up as well. Dive could perhaps do with a max charge of two uses, rather than three.

Found myself playing Venusaur a bit more after I had a few matches in a row where I couldn't pick any of the speedsters due to others selecting them first. Honestly finding myself enjoying the game more with the 'saur than I was before, and having a much higher win rate as well. I suspect this is likely to be my main going forward. I really do need to find a good 2nd and 3rd pick though, so I've got something to fall back on when Venusaur gets picked. Finding it quite difficult to adjust back to the melee after having played so many games as ranged.

Found myself playing Venusaur a bit more after I had a few matches in a row where I couldn't pick any of the speedsters due to others selecting them first. Honestly finding myself enjoying the game more with the 'saur than I was before, and having a much higher win rate as well. I suspect this is likely to be my main going forward. I really do need to find a good 2nd and 3rd pick though, so I've got something to fall back on when Venusaur gets picked. Finding it quite difficult to adjust back to the melee after having played so many games as ranged.
I've been maining Eldegoss and Crustle, but I didn't buy Crustle cuz of the 7 day reward thing to get it. The final task for it was to be the MVP of a match, which I'm obviously never gonna get as Gossy. So I gave Venusaur a shot, and while I'm not great at the role, I was able to snipe enough and really focus on goals and get the MVP status. Hanging back and picking off weak enemies with a perfectly-aimed solar beam is very satisfying.

I have a feeling I'm going to need an entirely different main for some of these quick game maps than normal games. Today's map, with only a single goal at each end, really does encourage a dedicated goalkeeper, but all too often my teammates just run off, get themselves killed, and leave the goal undefended.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom