• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Do You Want To See in the Next Super Smash Bros. Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just...just... ...
Bullet Bill is worse than a Hammer Bro. 'cause Bullet Bills have no (non-contact) attacks! A WADDLE DEE would be better because a Waddle Dee can move around (and have attacks...namely the Spear and Parsol. In fact, with Kirby Wii coming in, Waddle Dee has a slim shot!)!
Cooking Mama also has the same problem as Bullet Bill: no attacks.

I wasn't serious about those two. They could be assisting characters though, like Waluigi. Mama could heal the player with food or some nonsense like that.

And another note, Sakurai doesn't allow anime/manga characters in SSB, so no Goku.

Mario Series: Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Geno
Zelda Series: Link, Zelda/Shiek, Ganondorf,
Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
Kirby Series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe
Star Fox Series: Fox, Falco, Wolf
Yoshi Series: Yoshi
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, Medusa
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer (Johto), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Zoroark,
Metroid Series: Samus/ZSS, Ridley
F-Zero Series: Captain Falcon
Mother Series: Ness, Lucas
Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Ike
Ice Climber Series: Ice Climbers
Pikmin Series: Olimar
Wario Series: Wario
R.O.B. Series: R.O.B.
Game and Watch Series: Mr. Game and Watch
3rd Part: Crash Bandicoot, Seth, Megaman

^ They'd most likely allow third party characters from Japanese companies, so the idea of Crash would be unlikely since he's gone into the hands of multiple American companies.

I know the perfect guy...
KNUCKLE JOE! (Kirby★)
B- Smash Punch (A long range attack. For the first split second, it functions as a smash attack. A short range version is also his side smash.)
Up B-Rising Blow (or something like that)-Knuckle Joe throws an upwards punch which propels himself upwards.
Side B-Dash Kick-Knuckle Joe propels himself forward kicking.
Down B-Spin Kick-Knuckle Joe spins with his foot in front of him. You can move while using this.
FINAL SMASH-Fighter Barrage-Knuckle Joe yells, then dashes forward. The first fighter he dashes into he punches with almost no end. 999%. Like Triforce Slash, but it affects the line of...well, intil Knuckle Joe crashes into something (a blast wall or otherwise).

Oooh. An SSB4 thread. Well, time to get posting in it.

I tend to look at newcomers more realistically. Basede on some things that Sakurai has said, I expect the game to have 50 characters. ASSUMING that no one is cut, even though Lucario likely will be cut in favor of Zoroark,that's 15 newcomers.

Realistically, there has always been a few patterns with character inclusions in sequels. There's always a retro NES character (Ice Climbers and Pit), and a historical Nintendo character (Mr. Game and Watch and ROB). Assuming third parties are returning, we can expect to see one or two more. Most likely, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon will get a new rep being Nintendo's biggest series.

If everything went my way, the newcomer roster would look like this, assuming there are no character cuts:

1. Bowser Jr. (Next most prominent Mario character in adventure games. Would NOT be a Bowser clone. Smashes, Tilts, and aerials would utilize the paintbrush. Specials could include his B move being a small homing fireball, his Up B being a Koopa Clown Car, Down B would release a paint blob that causes damage and tripping, and his Side B could be him whacking his brush to deflect projectiles [not sure on that one], Final Smash can be his AirShip Armada.)

2. King K. Rool (Highly requested, next in line for a new DK rep, which is a major Nintendo series. Unique moveset potential.)

3. Toon Zelda/Tetra (Could use variations on Zelda's moves, phantom powers, ect. and transform into Tetra. Debatable as next in line for Zelda.)

4. Zoroark or Victini (Zoroark seems more likely, as he fits the Lucario/Mewtwo type easier, but Victini IS Masuda's favorite Pokemon, and he apparently has quite a bit to say when it comes to Pokemon in Smash. Victini also has a good amount of supporters)

5. Ridley ( The size argument is absurd, he can be downsized like Bowser, similar to Olimar's drastic upsizing. He's a powerful and deserving Metroid rep.)

6. Krystal (Unique Star FOx character, and the only other one that's suitable for Smash.)

7. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero needs a new rep. Samurai Goroh would be very unique by using a katana.)

8. Masked Man (Offers very unique moveset material and would be a good Mother representative.)

9. Little Mac (Works as the NES Retro character. Personally, if I could only choose one, I'd choose Mac as the newcomer I'd most like to see. I made an entire moveset, I'll post it another time. Giga Mac would be a cool Final Smash.)

10. Isaac (From Golden Sun. A very well-liked choice meeting no opposition. Unique moveset material.)

11. Starfy (From the Legendary Starfy. He CAN fight, contrary to what his detractors say. Using his Star Spin move, Shooting Star move, and Monstar as a final smash, he'd make an excellent choice.)

12. Mii (Well liked by the Japanese especially, they have many Nintendo appearances, and are close to being shoe-ins. No customizable movesets, please...)

13. Megaman (The only new Third Party rep. representing Capcom, since he's had a long history with Nintendo. A very unique character to boot.)

14. Sukapon ( From the obscure game Joy Mech Fight. He'd be the ROB/Game and Watch character. He was from Nintendo's first fighting game, so he'd be a nice historical character.)

15. Jiro or Shulk (From The Rolling Western for the 3DS and XenoBlade respectively. Shulk's game has garnered remarkable reviews and is a popular choice in Japan, and would have nice moveset material. Jiro, though, may be a dark horse. It all depends on how well his game does when it's released.

Other thoughts:

1) Falco's Final Smash should be an Arwing, and Wolf's a Wolfen.
2) No random tripping. Tripping from an item or attack is fine, though.
3) Qwilfish as a Poke Ball Pokemon :)D)
4) Toad could also work in place of Bowser Jr. Just make Peach's B Move Toadsworth.
5) Toon Link's Final Smash should utilize the Wind Waker.
6) Falco should use the Sniper Rifle for a Side B.

Any comments on this would be helpful.

Oooh. An SSB4 thread. Well, time to get posting in it.

I tend to look at newcomers more realistically. Basede on some things that Sakurai has said, I expect the game to have 50 characters. ASSUMING that no one is cut, even though Lucario likely will be cut in favor of Zoroark,that's 15 newcomers.

Realistically, there has always been a few patterns with character inclusions in sequels. There's always a retro NES character (Ice Climbers and Pit), and a historical Nintendo character (Mr. Game and Watch and ROB). Assuming third parties are returning, we can expect to see one or two more. Most likely, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon will get a new rep being Nintendo's biggest series.

If everything went my way, the newcomer roster would look like this, assuming there are no character cuts:

1. Bowser Jr. (Next most prominent Mario character in adventure games. Would NOT be a Bowser clone. Smashes, Tilts, and aerials would utilize the paintbrush. Specials could include his B move being a small homing fireball, his Up B being a Koopa Clown Car, Down B would release a paint blob that causes damage and tripping, and his Side B could be him whacking his brush to deflect projectiles [not sure on that one], Final Smash can be his AirShip Armada.)

2. King K. Rool (Highly requested, next in line for a new DK rep, which is a major Nintendo series. Unique moveset potential.)

3. Toon Zelda/Tetra (Could use variations on Zelda's moves, phantom powers, ect. and transform into Tetra. Debatable as next in line for Zelda.)

4. Zoroark or Victini (Zoroark seems more likely, as he fits the Lucario/Mewtwo type easier, but Victini IS Masuda's favorite Pokemon, and he apparently has quite a bit to say when it comes to Pokemon in Smash. Victini also has a good amount of supporters)

5. Ridley ( The size argument is absurd, he can be downsized like Bowser, similar to Olimar's drastic upsizing. He's a powerful and deserving Metroid rep.)

6. Krystal (Unique Star FOx character, and the only other one that's suitable for Smash.)

7. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero needs a new rep. Samurai Goroh would be very unique by using a katana.)

8. Masked Man (Offers very unique moveset material and would be a good Mother representative.)

9. Little Mac (Works as the NES Retro character. Personally, if I could only choose one, I'd choose Mac as the newcomer I'd most like to see. I made an entire moveset, I'll post it another time. Giga Mac would be a cool Final Smash.)

10. Isaac (From Golden Sun. A very well-liked choice meeting no opposition. Unique moveset material.)

11. Starfy (From the Legendary Starfy. He CAN fight, contrary to what his detractors say. Using his Star Spin move, Shooting Star move, and Monstar as a final smash, he'd make an excellent choice.)

12. Mii (Well liked by the Japanese especially, they have many Nintendo appearances, and are close to being shoe-ins. No customizable movesets, please...)

13. Megaman (The only new Third Party rep. representing Capcom, since he's had a long history with Nintendo. A very unique character to boot.)

14. Sukapon ( From the obscure game Joy Mech Fight. He'd be the ROB/Game and Watch character. He was from Nintendo's first fighting game, so he'd be a nice historical character.)

15. Jiro or Shulk (From The Rolling Western for the 3DS and XenoBlade respectively. Shulk's game has garnered remarkable reviews and is a popular choice in Japan, and would have nice moveset material. Jiro, though, may be a dark horse. It all depends on how well his game does when it's released.

Other thoughts:

1) Falco's Final Smash should be an Arwing, and Wolf's a Wolfen.
2) No random tripping. Tripping from an item or attack is fine, though.
3) Qwilfish as a Poke Ball Pokemon :)D)
4) Toad could also work in place of Bowser Jr. Just make Peach's B Move Toadsworth.
5) Toon Link's Final Smash should utilize the Wind Waker.
6) Falco should use the Sniper Rifle for a Side B.

Any comments on this would be helpful.

2. A user from another forum mentioned that King K. Rool won't make it as we already have villains to fill up the space for close range (Ganondorf), long range (Dedede), and both (Bowser).

4. Zoroark and Victini are unlikely due to being event Pokemon, who are never promoted to be playable in Smash after seeing Deoxys and Darkrai not appearing in Brawl as playables despite being one of the requested reps by some fans.

5. It's not just the size, it's also the fact that he stays in the air and not the ground, making him broken and near impossible to fall down on a stage.

6. Fans hate her, so they pretty much prefer either Leon or Slippy, who both have potential movesets.

7. Needs more Black Shadow to recreate that one popular scene from the anime.

8. What about Ninten, there can't be a series representation without the first hero that started it all.

11. Sakurai's assist trophy description of Starfy hints that he doesn't want him to be playable.

Also, the roster would most likely be around 40 because of the ten-digit pattern used (the first game had 12, Melee had 25, and Brawl had 35).

Last edited:
Maybe Ness and Lucas' Final Smashes should change from PK Starstorm to PK Rockin' and PK Love respectively. I think that Ninten wasn't in the previuos games because:
a) He looks a lot like Ness, and therefore
a) would get confusing if both Ness and Ninten were in the same battle
b) players could pretend Ness was Ninten
b) Ninten has NO damaging attacks, whereas Ness and Lucas have the previous mentioned PSI attacks, which are the most powerful PSI attacks in said game (rivaled with PK STARSTOOOOOOORM!!! and PK Freeze, which ironically, Paula learns at level 1 and it costd 4 PP. They rank up, too!), so it would make sense that they can learn lesser and equal (for Lucas) PSI. Ness can also use PK Flash naturally.

2. A user from another forum mentioned that King K. Rool won't make it as we already have villains to fill up the space for close range (Ganondorf), long range (Dedede), and both (Bowser).

4. Zoroark and Victini are unlikely due to being event Pokemon, who are never promoted to be playable in Smash after seeing Deoxys and Darkrai not appearing in Brawl as playables despite being one of the requested reps by some fans.

5. It's not just the size, it's also the fact that he stays in the air and not the ground, making him broken and near impossible to fall down on a stage.

6. Fans hate her, so they pretty much prefer either Leon or Slippy, who both have potential movesets.

7. Needs more Black Shadow to recreate that one popular scene from the anime.

8. What about Ninten, there can't be a series representation without the first hero that started it all.

11. Sakurai's assist trophy description of Starfy hints that he doesn't want him to be playable.

Also, the roster would most likely be around 40 because of the ten-digit pattern used (the first game had 12, Melee had 25, and Brawl had 35).

2. Yes, but K. Rool is both highly demanded in America AND Japan, the two largest Smash demographics. Plus, we also have another short range (Wario) and both range (Wolf) villain. So repetition isn't a likely deterent. Plus, the moves themselves would set themselves aside from the rest of the cast.

4. I honestly don't think being an event would hinder their chances. For event Pokemon, Mew and Celebi didn't get in due to their "un-fighter like" forms, most likely. That's why they weren't in Melee. Additionally, as I said, Game Freak has a lot of say in which Pokemon get in Smash. It's pretty obvious that Game Freak had a bias toward Lucario, seeing as how often he was shown and merchandised.

5. Ridley has legs. Therefore, based on the size of the legs to the body, he can easily walk and stand up. It even shows it in a SSE cutscene. Furtherfore, with that logic, shouldn't Pit, Metaknight, and Charizard have infinite recoveries and be impossible to KO? They have wings, too.

6. According to some polls I've been seeing, Krystal's really only hated in Japan. Admittedly, that's pretty big. However, Smash could use a staff user. Leon, while being Wolf's answer to Fox's Falco, isn't as importnat to the series as Krystal recently. Furthermore, while Krystal's hated in Japan, Slippy is despised in the U.S., and possibly Japan as well. I'd say that for Star Fox, it's Krystal or bust.

7. Admittedly, that would be cool. And it'd be a way to de-clone Ganondorf. Just give his old moveset to Black Shadow. Either BS or Goroh would work, I just chose Goroh seeing as he's been in almost all F-Zero games from the beginning. Plus, Black Shadow's kind of a pathetic villain who's just taking orders from Deathborn.

8. As stated above, Ninten really would be a Ness clone. IIRC, his only damaging move is PSI Beam. If anything, that'd be his B move, and he'd be a clone with the rest of the specials. Furthermore, if they wanted to add him, they'd have done it long ago. His time has passed, and they'd need a more recent Mother character.

The prince of the kingdom of Tenkai. He's a bit spacey and clumsy, but when he sets his mind to something, he gives it his all. Stafy gets help from his friends Kyorosuke the clam and the wizened Lobjii-san. Stafy sometimes dons a pig suit and throws pork cutlets. In Densetsu No Stafy 3, Stafy meets Wario and goes with him to steal the treasures of the deep.

That's the trophy information. I don't see how that is against him. It's just stating the facts.

I like debating :D

2. Yes, but K. Rool is both highly demanded in America AND Japan, the two largest Smash demographics. Plus, we also have another short range (Wario) and both range (Wolf) villain. So repetition isn't a likely deterent. Plus, the moves themselves would set themselves aside from the rest of the cast.

4. I honestly don't think being an event would hinder their chances. For event Pokemon, Mew and Celebi didn't get in due to their "un-fighter like" forms, most likely. That's why they weren't in Melee. Additionally, as I said, Game Freak has a lot of say in which Pokemon get in Smash. It's pretty obvious that Game Freak had a bias toward Lucario, seeing as how often he was shown and merchandised.

5. Ridley has legs. Therefore, based on the size of the legs to the body, he can easily walk and stand up. It even shows it in a SSE cutscene. Furtherfore, with that logic, shouldn't Pit, Metaknight, and Charizard have infinite recoveries and be impossible to KO? They have wings, too.

6. According to some polls I've been seeing, Krystal's really only hated in Japan. Admittedly, that's pretty big. However, Smash could use a staff user. Leon, while being Wolf's answer to Fox's Falco, isn't as importnat to the series as Krystal recently. Furthermore, while Krystal's hated in Japan, Slippy is despised in the U.S., and possibly Japan as well. I'd say that for Star Fox, it's Krystal or bust.

7. Admittedly, that would be cool. And it'd be a way to de-clone Ganondorf. Just give his old moveset to Black Shadow. Either BS or Goroh would work, I just chose Goroh seeing as he's been in almost all F-Zero games from the beginning. Plus, Black Shadow's kind of a pathetic villain who's just taking orders from Deathborn.

8. As stated above, Ninten really would be a Ness clone. IIRC, his only damaging move is PSI Beam. If anything, that'd be his B move, and he'd be a clone with the rest of the specials. Furthermore, if they wanted to add him, they'd have done it long ago. His time has passed, and they'd need a more recent Mother character.

That's the trophy information. I don't see how that is against him. It's just stating the facts.

I like debating :D

2. Those are rivals, not villains

4. They want to use Pokemon who is both popular and accessible to catch in-game, which event Pokemon aren't because they're, well, event only. Most players don't have them.

5. Go watch the Ridley in Brawl Rant video on Youtube; it has a better explanation than I did

6. Nintendo mostly gets character feedback from Japan than the U.S., so that hinders Krystal's chances

11. I meant Sakurai's Assist Trophy description of Starfy from the website.

2. Those are rivals, not villains

4. They want to use Pokemon who is both popular and accessible to catch in-game, which event Pokemon aren't because they're, well, event only. Most players don't have them.

5. Go watch the Ridley in Brawl Rant video on Youtube; it has a better explanation than I did

6. Nintendo mostly gets character feedback from Japan than the U.S., so that hinders Krystal's chances

11. I meant Sakurai's Assist Trophy description of Starfy from the website.

2. Technically, Dedede is an anti-hero/rival, if you look at his roles in most Kirby games, he's either mind controlled, a rival, or sided with Kirby. Not including the first one. Therefore, K. Rool would fit the long and short range villain.

4. Any source for them not including events? They never officially came out and stated it to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

5. Based on the reaction in the comments and my reaction, he puts up a pretty bad arguement. Metroid needs another rep, and Ridley is important, relevant, a villain, and loved by fans. The fact that size was brought up in the video kinda ruins it...

6. I'll give you that one, but she's still a possibility. xD

11. Curse Sakurai's bias...Starfy is not at all as weak as he depicted there. In fact, fans have even said that the way Starfy was treated in Brawl was not verified in the slightest of ways. He's actually very powerful, especially for his size. Hopefully Sakurai listens to the fans and changes his obvious bias toward Starfy...he's one of the most requested.

...?
Ninten has no damaging PSI. I believe whenever he did PK Beam, it was with Ana. You see, everyone in the Mother 1 party has a place:
Ninten-Assist
Ana-Offense PSI
Lloyd and Teddy-Physical Offense.

2. Technically, Dedede is an anti-hero/rival, if you look at his roles in most Kirby games, he's either mind controlled, a rival, or sided with Kirby. Not including the first one. Therefore, K. Rool would fit the long and short range villain.

4. Any source for them not including events? They never officially came out and stated it to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

5. Based on the reaction in the comments and my reaction, he puts up a pretty bad arguement. Metroid needs another rep, and Ridley is important, relevant, a villain, and loved by fans. The fact that size was brought up in the video kinda ruins it...

6. I'll give you that one, but she's still a possibility. xD

11. Curse Sakurai's bias...Starfy is not at all as weak as he depicted there. In fact, fans have even said that the way Starfy was treated in Brawl was not verified in the slightest of ways. He's actually very powerful, especially for his size. Hopefully Sakurai listens to the fans and changes his obvious bias toward Starfy...he's one of the most requested.

2. Another problem of King K. Rool making it is how Japan changed the canon in DKC by saying his alter egos from the later two games were his brothers instead of him the whole time (as you could see from his trophy description that was translated from the Japanese language).

4. It's all mere guessing based on deductive reasoning.

5. Sakurai also stated in an interview at Nintendo Power that Ridley would be too difficult to be made playable, which was why he's a boss.

I'll give you the K. Rool thing, but even so, Ness, Zelda, and Lucas borrow moves, so they may do the same for K. Rool.

Really? Any link to the interview? I'm curious...

The moves they borrow are moves that fit them. Zelda uses Magic, and the three specials (Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, Faore's Wind) are spells Link used in OoT. Ness and Lucas use PSI (read above).

I hope they bring back Toon Link, but not as a clone. Ideally using the Deku Leaf from Wind Waker in some way.

The roster would be perfect if we had all the characters from Brawl (except maybe Lucario, but if Mewtwo doesn't return, I'd like for him to stay) and these newcomers:

1. Victini (Most wanted Nintendo newcomer)
2. Mega Man (Most wanted 3rd-party newcomer)
3. King K. Rool
4. Ridley
5. Ray (Custom Robo)
6. Saki Amamiya
7. Starfy
8. Takamaru or Lip
9. Medusa
10. Isaac
11. Little Mac
12. One of Geno/Paper Mario/Bowser Jr./Toad
13. Black Shadow (if he takes Ganondorf's move set and Ganondorf gets his own)
14. Slime
15. Mewtwo (if Lucario doesn't return or Pokemon gets six slots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom