• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Do You Want To See in the Next Super Smash Bros. Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Capcom will be helping in the development of the new Smash Bros. title, so it'll be no surprise if Mega Man or Ryu would be included. However, I'm expecting either an SSB Vs. Capcom or an SSB Vs. Street Fighter title for this information alone.

I still want Knuckle Joe. He is arguably the most popular Help in Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra (for being a helper).
Or maybe they could put in Waddle Dee, using his Parasol and Spear. Then the whole Kirby Wii quartette would be there!
(Waddle Dee is the most famous enemy. Why? For use as easy ammo! :D)

I heard that Capcom will be helping in the development of the new Smash Bros. title, so it'll be no surprise if Mega Man or Ryu would be included. However, I'm expecting either an SSB Vs. Capcom or an SSB Vs. Street Fighter title for this information alone.
Links to it? I'd love to see it.

Machamp/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Conkeldurr.

Last edited:
Well Mewtwo wasn't one of the best fighters in that game, so they have to remove him since there's little ways to improve his fighting style other than getting easily killed for being such a large target.

Not having him float? Mewtwo's speed was a problem, as he could easily be beaten up by Falcon. Or maybe Mewtwo's jump makes him float, and is like Pit, Charizard, Meta Knight, Kirby, and Dedede, except it's continous. Plus he'd have Teleport. Maybe he could get a faster moveset? Melee dissed Mewtwo.

If a capcom character does appear in the game I'm hoping it will be Mega Man. It was unfortunate that we has excluded for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. As for Snake I'm actually doubting his return, since it was stated in an interview that Snakes creator practically begged for Snake to be in brawl. I could be wrong though. As for Sonic, well there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be returning. Trust me there will be rage of biblical proportions of he isn't.

Not having him float? Mewtwo's speed was a problem, as he could easily be beaten up by Falcon. Or maybe Mewtwo's jump makes him float, and is like Pit, Charizard, Meta Knight, Kirby, and Dedede, except it's continous. Plus he'd have Teleport. Maybe he could get a faster moveset? Melee dissed Mewtwo.

Once a Smash Bros. fighter's stats are set, they can't be changed, only their appearance, moves, and damage they make. I suggest replacing his side B with a new damaging one since the old one didn't, and he really needs more damaging B moves. But it has to be an original move instead of what's originated from the main games in order to have Psystrike as his final smash and to keep the 4 moveset limit like in the games. Thunder Jolt (Standard), Aura Storm (FS), and Puff Up (FS) aren't real moves, so Pikachu, Lucario, and Jigglypuff technically still have the 4 moveset limit.

If you knew when to use mewtwo's B moves they were actually quite nice.

If a capcom character does appear in the game I'm hoping it will be Mega Man. It was unfortunate that we has excluded for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. As for Snake I'm actually doubting his return, since it was stated in an interview that Snakes creator practically begged for Snake to be in brawl. I could be wrong though. As for Sonic, well there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be returning. Trust me there will be rage of biblical proportions of he isn't.
It was Melee when he did that, but it was too late. When Brawl started development, Sakurai remembered Kojima and decided to ask Kojima if he wanted Snake in Brawl. He agreed and thus Snake in in Smash.

Kojima and Sakurai are friends, so I think he'll likely stay due to respect of friendship.

@Ghetsis-Dennis: Who do you think will be the Pokemon newcomer since you doubt Victini's or Zoroark's inclusion?

I also want a tetris stage.

I also would like a Tetris stage but I don't know how feasable that is since the rights to Tetris are all over the place.

A stage I'd really like is Distortion World, but they may consider that too dated. If they use a Gen 5 location I could see them going with the deck of the Royal Unova as it takes its tour.

I know everyone wants Geno in it, but honestly what are his moves? Mallow would be a better character, since he has more unique moves.

If they figure out how to do this without making him a Ness clone, I'd want to see Mike from StarTropics.

And I'd like to see a stage from Magical Starsign. I can't see the characters themselves appearing as playable, but it'd be pretty cool to see a background. But the game wasn't that popular, was it? Which is a shame because it was really good.

I want to see Mewtwo and Lucario together, as I really don't like Zoroark at all, I also want the Pokemon Trainer to be axed, as it put more Pokemon player characters than any other character from any franchise

And if Sonic stays, I want Knuckles and Tails as well to complete Team Sonic, I also badly want Krystal and King K. Rool to be in the game, and oh, if any Mega Man characters make an appearance, it should be Zero, and if another Mother character appears, it should be the Masked Man.

I want to see Mewtwo and Lucario together, as I really don't like Zoroark at all, I also want the Pokemon Trainer to be axed, as it put more Pokemon player characters than any other character from any franchise

The franchise lacked a main protagonist to represent in SSB, plus the fact he first appeared as a starter means he won't get axed.

And if Sonic stays, I want Knuckles and Tails as well to complete Team Sonic, I also badly want Krystal and King K. Rool to be in the game, and oh, if any Mega Man characters make an appearance, it should be Zero, and if another Mother character appears, it should be the Masked Man.

The problem is that there can only be one rep per third-party franchise in SSB, so any other Sonic or MGS character will be either a trophy, sticker, or an assist trophy.

Looking back at my old list, I think it may be time to swap Sukapon for Muddy Mole. After all, I learned that Sukapon was actually rejected by Sakurai in the Melee days. I can't find a link, but he said something along the lines of "Don't get your hopes up...". He could have changed his mind since then, but then again, this is Sakurai we're talking about. I'd be happy with either Muddy or Sukapon, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom