• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who else will be sad when Sinnoh is over?

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
With the last Pokemon DP episode airing in Japan this Thursday, I'd like to know if you're also sad (and maybe even embittered) that the Sinnoh adventures will come to an end.

I can tell you: Yes I am, and how!
It's true that in my weekly reviews I was often critical of certain DP episodes, but not because I hated them, on the contrary, because I considered the Sinnoh adventures the best episodes ever and thus raised my expectations.

Anyways, I'm deeply sad that Sinnoh is going to end and if I could prevent it, hell, I would do it at all costs!

In Sinnoh we got:
- Dawn, the best and most skilled female companion Ash has had so far.
- a great Brock.
- the strongest gym leaders with some great background stories
- epic battles, more than ever before
- Paul, by far the best rival I can think of.
- mature and highly profound plots with twists and turns we've never had in any other region.
- the strongest and most frightening villain team ever who didn't just have the rather primitive goal to rule the world like the villain teams before, no, their goals had philosophical, metaphysical dimensions! It all ended in a breath-taking Team Galactic finale which was also the greatest Pokemon episode ever!
- Ash's by far best Pokemon team (except for Gliscor :p) We had two fully evolved starters, with Infernape having a fantastic background story and being absolutely epic throughout the journey. And last but not least, we had the fantastic Gible, my all-time favorite.
- the most interesting and strongest Elite Four ever

- and what could be the culmination of all this ? ...
(you know what I'm talking about)
CYNTHIA, the Queen of Pokemon, the epitome of beauty and perfection and a being not of this world, but a heaven-sent angel.
You can't compare her to ANY other trainer, as she's perfect. If she wanted to, she could defeat any opponent by just looking at them. All her Pokemon have PERFECT IVs.
No so-called "champion" will ever be able to surpass what is already perfect.
Thus, she will be the invincible Number One forever and ever After her everything can only be worse.

Cynthia, the worst and the by far saddest thing about Sinnoh ending is that you won't be here so often anymore. But believe me, we will see you again and in the meantime you'll always be in my heart, my great, beloved, perfect angel!

And now what can we expect of the B/W Anime???

I've given up discussing in the News forums how ugly and uncreative the new "Pokemon" are, as it was no use discussing with users who just wouldn't understand it anyways and kept telling me that I should wait.
Now that we know about 40 "Pokemon", I WON'T wait and restrain my anger anymore because I've waited long enough. With more and more of those alleged "Pokemon" being revealed, my disappointment has grown more and more too. I've always said that Gen V Pokemon are a mere catastrophe and so far nothing has happened that could have proven me wrong. Those creatures don't even deserve the great name Pokemon.

Furthermore, instead of Brock we'll get a guy who wears a bow tie and an apron and likes wine...Compared to that ridiculous boy, Brock seems like Professor Oak himself.

Team Rocket's new outfit? Well, it's black, so what?

Ash will again abandon all his fantastic Pokemon in Oak's lab, behave stupidly like a newbie in the first 10 episodes and start all over again instead of training his already great Pokemon in order to become a real master.
And you know what? He will once again lose in the league... oh wow:eek:hdear::eek:hdear:

No, to be honest, I expect nothing of the new B/W saga, not only because it will by no means surpass the perfect Sinnoh episodes (see explanation above), but also because judging from what we've seen so far, B/W will be a sad caricature of Pokemon, the show I loved more than anything else (except for my relatives and God himself, of course).

To cut a long story short: I'll watch B/W nevertheless because I love Pokemon too much, but I'll be very, very sad whenever I think back to Sinnoh
Oh what will the future hold...

My poor brain... I shouldn't have read that

Well, I'll be a little sad it's the last we see of Dawn and Pip, but whatever... I'll get over it and enjoy BW as much if not even more than I enjoyed DP
Pokémon keeps getting better and better with the time <3
Bye Pip... hello Miju!

except gliscor what? if anything they made torterra terrible, they should have made him better, i thought gliscor was fine, i still think johto and the old ones were best but i agree this one was really good

Yeah I'm disappointed with the way they handled Torterra in the end, but I actually wanted to stress the fact that Ash finally got TWO fully evolved starters.
I should have made that clearer, but then my post would have been even longer :D but I think that's the least I can do for the great DP episodes

Eh, I'm over DP already. I'll look at the screencaps from the last episode, shed a tear maybe, and think "Oh good, BW starts in two weeks" :D

I think the sadness will be overshadowed by the excitement for the new Isshu reigion...

Lol, at the OP, who cleary is obsessed with Cynthia.

Yes, I'll miss it. Mosty people like Dawn, Ursula, and Jessie actually being relevant. I won't miss Piplup, Zoey, Kenny, or the Rocket's dullness.

I'll primarily miss a few characters. Paul and Ursula are the ones that come to mind since they were both great characters.

But as a whole? Not really. I'm more excited for the possibilities of Isshu than anything. A whole new region where the writers can use their experiences to make it better? Yes please.

Well I still have the last DP movie to watch so I cannot say I've seen ALL of DP once that airs after December or whenever. Shinou has been a great series to me as I haven't skipped any of their episodes since it started. My favorite since the 1st series.

Yes, it'll be a bit saddening. I'll miss Dawn, Piplup, and Brock. Especially Pip and Brock though. I'll also miss Paul who is Ash's best rival IMO.

I'll miss D/P series sure like Pearlshipping, Dawn's character, Ash and Paul's rivalry. I won't miss Dawn's rivals, those guys are one thing I'm glad will be gone. I'm looking forward to Best Wishes, man does it look good.

I'll be sad to see Dawn, Brock, and Piplup go, especially Brock. It's not too easy to find him a replacement after being present in the series for so long.

Yes, Sinnoh took up 4 years of the anime (and my life). However, with each ending comes a new beginning. Iow, while I am sad that Diamond and Pearl must be brought to a close in a few days, I am still very excited for the new anime (Best Wishes).
I want to see the new pokemon (especially those that were not revealed yet) and how the anime will handle the character interactions and important events.

Hi, a little note to the OT: Since the BW anime has not aired yet, it's not completely fair to compare the two. Could you please clarify in your post that this discussion is about the SINNOH series, and not about BW? Thank you :)

*raises hand*

Yep, I'll miss DP and each and every aspect of it, especially Dawn and her Piplup. It was good run, but everything has to end somewhere. :awww:

I'll be very sad to see DP end. It was my favorite series in the anime. And I'll miss all the great characters the saga introduced such as Dawn, Conway, Paul, etc.

I'll especially miss Dawn and Piplup. They are two of the greatest characters in the anime, IMO, and I couldn't imagine the anime without them. They actually brought that much to the show.

Oh well, all good things must come to the end. :)

I don't want Diamond and Pearl to end. It is the second best region to me.
Sinnoh was so big. We had great times. It was a little darker than other regions. Sinnoh will be missed.

My answer is going to be far from what you want to hear, so beware. xD;

I've been eagerly awaiting B&W's start, and for the last two or three years have.. actually been waiting for Sinnoh to end. > >; I just.. expected it to be awesome, but found most of it to be dull, or typical. Yeah, some of it's cute, and some of the E4 / Gym Leaders did have awesome back stories, but over all it hasn't impressed me much. I'm really looking forward to all the new things that B&W will bring. Even the art style is a bit different, and as nice of a series as Sinnoh was, I think it had it's run. Probably doesn't help that I wasn't too fond of Hikari. Shirona (Cynthia) however, was awesome, and I'll miss her character. Shinji was awesome too. ;w; /opinion

Meh, I never cared much for Sinnoh, to be honest. I mean, Sinnoh had its fair share of good episodes (Team Galactic plot and such). But the majority of the episodes were just okay, in my opinion. So yeah, Sinnoh wasn't my cup of tea. =/

Instead of being sad, I'm happy that Sinnoh is ending and I'm looking forward to seeing the new Black and White anime series. ^^

Although, I will miss Brock. He was definitely a great character and I will be sad to see him leave in the dub. But not only will this be sad, it'll seem weird too. I mean, before when Brock left, he would leave, and then come back a few episodes later, like he did in Hoenn (or he would come back one season later like he did in the Orange Islands). Why couldn't they do that again this time? Personally, I think it's a shame that Brock is leaving, and apparently leaving for good this time. That's very sad indeed. =(

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom