• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who here has heard of Sonic the comic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Ketchum

Sayaka miki, Magical girl of justice
Reaction score
In case you don't know, Sonic the comic or fleetway Sonic was the british Sonic comic book series while americans had Archie Sonic. That's a pretty basic way to describe it but hey, it used Sega of americas origin for Sonic and Robotnik.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWc11WGLMg

Yes, in this comic Sonic used to be brown.

I found out about it through use of youtube and while it wasn't the Sonic comic I read, I found it to be pretty neat.

*raises paw* I did extensive research into the Archie comics, and even the earlier ones. Reading the synapses for their episodes inspired me for my book. The aspect I liked about them the most are their continuity - that the story keeps progressing and the possibilities to follow are limitless. So many characters, so many story arcs, always having the chance to go back and capitalize on those themes to give valuable exposition to the reader.

Did you see Sonic the comic? I have a small little video at the main post which shows brown Sonic.

I believe Disney Adventures made a comic based on Sonic's "Sonic the Comic" origin, which was published around the same time the first game was released on Sega Genesis. Alas, it appears to not be canon anymore.

They may have. The origin may not be canon to the main series but I still think it's a pretty neat origin for Sonic and Eggman. Also brown Sonic is cuter than classic Sonic. Just saying that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom