• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is Ash's worst rival in Unova

Ash's worst rival in Unova?

• Trip

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Bianca

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Stephan

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
My least favourite rival? I'll give you some hints. He doesn't give two shits about whether he can beat Ash, and neither have anything to prove to one another. There are no stakes in his rivalry whatsoever. He apparently owns the anime universe's equivalent of an Action Replay. He also has the fashion sense of colour blind hipster.

And really Trip, there's a miniscule chance I might have been able to forgive all of that, if you weren't such a goddamn bore. Interact with the other characters for goodness sake! Get under Ash's skin! Do.....something other than walk away haughtily into the sunset. It's almost as though Trip doesn't even want to be on the show. In that case let's give the kid what he wants and have the writers focus on some dead grass or a wet paper bag every twenty odd episodes instead. The net result will be the same.

Why is there no delete username history button. Argh.

Last edited:
stephan easily, he drives me insane he's overpowered and i just hate him D:

Bianca is showing amazing development, Stephan is friendly - and I hope for more development from him.

Trip... he still looks like a mash-up of all of Ash's previous rivals. He still looks like a badly-cloned-paul to me. So I chose him as the worst.

Trip is so boring and dull and pathetic

first mistake making Ashs rival a noob and not a vet like Paul

Bianca. I mean just because she's blonde didn't mean they had to make her this annoying. I mean atleast in the games, she was more bearable.

Cameron is Ash's worst rival because he is a bigger idiot then Ash and he beat Ash in the League. From the poll I would pick Trip because he was a Paul ripoff.

I'd have to say Trip, since a lot of their rivalry didn't feel like too much of a rivalry. They only battled each other a few times, and other than against Snivy/Servine/Serperior, there wasn't really any rematches to really show how much both of them grew. Stephan and Bianca had multiple opportunities against Ash, Stephan especially had many rematches between Pokemon.

Trip, as he has zero personality. Bianca might be a clumsy idiot but she has a personality. Same with Stephan. Trip is so bland that I never even saw him as a Trainer or a rival. I just saw him as a cardboard cut-out.

Bianca was pretty terrible because she was just a talking running gag. A really shitty one too because everything she did (and repeated) was annoying as hell. Oh and she manages to beat Trip despite being an utterly atrocious trainer in literally every other episode.

Then Trip because of all the shit in the massive wall of text I posted in the Trip thread a few days ago. Not bringing all that up again.

Finally, Stephan was pretty cool, had neat pokemon and also Sawk's Bulk Up animation was one of the best things to happen in Best Wishes because fuck, it was amazing and hilarious and amazing and I liked it

I know everyone is bagging on Trip (rightfully so), but what of Cameron?

Idiot Boy Wonder who not only cheaply got his 8th badge, but defeated Ash with only 5 Pokemon because he didn't realize it was a full battle. It's that trolling that made him slip past Trip ever so slightly as worst BW rival.

^ Because Cameron isn't even in the poll-- this thread was made in the summer of 2012. Also I don't really count CamMoron as a rival because he showed up near the end and they only competed with each other once. ;|

That Riolu was overly powerful which was annoying though.

Wow, so much Trip hate.

But yeah, my vote goes to Trip as well. xD Can't stand the dude. I can't stand even more how Ash's level bazillion Pikachu lost to Trip's level five Snivy.

Trip, hands down. Stephan was a refreshing and unique rival and Bianca, while annoying, was his first female rival (iirc) and sometimes a fun character to have around.

Trip just sucked.

Edit: Wait, scratch that. That kid with a Riolu was the worst. He was SO bad that I even forgot his existence for a moment.

Why the heck is Cameron not in the poll? I never understood of what the point of his existence was, he was terrible.

Out of all the poll options, I have to go with Trip. I hated him with a passion and I felt like they were trying too hard to re-create Paul from Sinnoh. Trip is the worst, hands down.

Back
Top Bottom