• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is getting the DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ßlaze Jџdgement

ѴÍCTORY!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hey!! Have any of you guys heard of the DSi? Well, it's a brand new version of the DS. Are any of you guys planning to get the DSi when it releases offically on April 4? (I think this is the date)

I think removing backwards compatability is bad, especially when nintendo said that one of their main features on the Wii is BC. I know this isn't the Wii but BC was one of nintendo's main selling points and it's just dumb to trade that for some gimmick camera. Unless this DSi does somthing AMAZING that I am unaware of, I will not buy it

They're not really making GBA games that much any more...

I'm buying it. I skipped out on the Lite, so this will definitely feel like more of an upgrade.

As for backwards compatibility, I have three other consoles that can play GBA games, so. :p

As for backwards compatibility, I have three other consoles that can play GBA games, so. :p

I know, right? I stopped playing GBA games on a hand-held when I bought my Gameboy Player eons ago.

Hopefully the G/S remakes will not be on DSi, because I'm going to buy a regular DS for Platinum. And I want to transfer Pokémon from my GBA games.

Hopefully the G/S remakes will not be on DSi, because I'm going to buy a regular DS for Platinum. And I want to transfer Pokémon from my GBA games.

that's exactly what I am thinking. I'm planning on buying a DS lite with my platinum to make transferring my battlers from Diamond over to Platinum a lot easier.

I pre-orderd mine a long while ago, so yeah I am getting it. Plays music so thats a plus for me, I read somewhere its like an i-pod that plays games in terms of sound quality. WPA/WPA2 is another reason for me to want it, WEP is just not as good at protecting a wireless network.

I think removing backwards compatability is bad, especially when nintendo said that one of their main features on the Wii is BC. I know this isn't the Wii but BC was one of nintendo's main selling points and it's just dumb to trade that for some gimmick camera. Unless this DSi does somthing AMAZING that I am unaware of, I will not buy it

No, removing backwards compatibility is not really bad. GBA games are not made anymore and there are only two out of hundreds of games that require a GBA slot, pokemon and Guitar hero and I doubt thats enough to keep the GBA slot. Plus you could just use your old DS/Lite for that, which Is what I am going to do.

only if the G/S remakes require it.

If there is GSC remakes at all, I don't think they will be restricted to the DSi, there is nothing really a DSi can do for pokemon games that a DS cant.

I'm getting a DSi. And it's by b-day soon after, so if I don't buy it, I'll surely get it for my birthday.

The only thing I can fathom G/S/C remake needing a DSi for would be if they decide to plug the radio into the media player of the DSi.

Photographs for trainer ID wouldn't fly because Nintendo is afraid of child predators hence the friend codes.

However, if DSi sales don't go fast enough (which I don't imagine they will, seeing how the DSLite still sells powerfully), they may just opt for DSi exclusivity to force some units out.

But very unlikely on all 3, really.

I want one, but I don't think this thing will be around long enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

No way if I get that I can't migrate pokemon from my Gameboy games that stinks!!!!!!!

Eh, I might get it. Not entirely sure yet.

Yeah, it's hard to say whether or not it'll be worth it. My DS Lite works fine so far, and while I don't play GBA games much anymore, I haven't reached 100% on Metroid Zero Mission or Aria of Sorrow (and I don't even have Circle of the Moon yet...) It depends largely on the games, I think. The DS has strong support so far, certainly much better than the Wii. So if there's a DSiWare game I absolutely MUST have, I'll certainly get that. Otherwise, it just depends on the mood I'm in, I guess.

price drops a bit.

A price drop on a Nintendo product in this gen isn't likely, I don't think any product has dropped in price from them this gen aside from the first DS when the Lite came out.

I still have the original DS, I never sought a point into buying the light, they are the same thing accept one is upgraded, what are the differences for this system contrasted to the ds lite and ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom