• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is the best female Pokémon character ?

Who do you think is the most well written female character ?

• Cynthia

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Elesa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zinnia

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Emma

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lillie

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Lusamine

• Cyllene

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nemona

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other (tell us)

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Penny

• Total voters

c la fet

Watch out for the rain of steel
Reaction score
Who is the best female Pokémon character of the games in your opinion ?

I put the ones who are generally considered great, from what I've seen.

In terms of character development and writing, I think Lillie is definitely up there as one of the best. She was absolutely integral to the story to the point where she almost felt like the "real" protagonist of Sun/Moon, and by the end of the game she had learned to finally embrace her true self and be strong in the face of her trauma. She might not be my favorite character, even from SM, but I loved and was very invested in her arc and so it'd be a crime not to appreciate that in all its depth.

But in terms of just "which one do I like most", then my answer would probably be Sabrina or Leaf. Sabrina is very cool and her pre-HGSS design is awesome, Leaf is my favorite game protag and I liked her energetic personality in Masters. :) I'd also mention Misty, but this seems more like a game-focused question and I mostly prefer her anime counterpart.

As for me I don't really know.
I'd say it's between Emma, Lillie and Cyllene. But there's also Penny, now I feel like she should be there instead of Nemona.

Who is the best female Pokémon character of the games in your opinion ?

I put the ones who are generally considered great, from what I've seen.

The best Pokemon character of the games, the one who is generally considered great, is, in my opinion, May, seconded to Leaf and Serena.

NOTE: Now, the most well written female character.... I'm still thinking and processing this. But, at first glance, I'd say Lillie.

Last edited:
Now that's a tough choice to make since there are so many of them. For main games, I'd go with Leaf/Green. For spin-offs, I'd go with Courtney from the Pokémon TCG Game Boy Color game.

I think Professor Sada is my favorite right now. The idea of a professor trying to do something about mass extinction is an interesting concept even if the execution was weird. Although I would have preferred if she wasn't evil, dead and portrayed as being misinformed lol. Missed opportunity to not connect SV's plot to the extinct Hisuian forms (unless they do so in the DLC).

I also recently lost a family member (who wasn't always the greatest person either but is still somebody I grieve) so the plot with Arven's grief still moved me even if I would have preferred her to not be dead.

I like Cynthia as well but that is mostly because I like writing fanfictions about her and Volo lol. It's interesting that Volo implied that they might have Ainu ancestry (or Ancient Sinnoh ancestry as they game insists on calling it). It's a shame that it's only brought up during his dialogue at the three lakes when he references different Ainu legends and says that "he wants to know where he came from".

Curious if Cynthia is aware of her own history and if it's something she wants to reconnect with. My grandfather was a minority too and I have been looking into my own history lately so I can somewhat relate to this.

My favorites aside, I think Lillie is one of the most well written. She gets to appear throughout the game and the player is able to observe her development. Much of the other characters on that list appear a couple of times, say a couple of things and that’s it. Lillie has an active role in the story and contributes to the main plot of the game. She is not there just to hand you one item or as a temporary roadblock.

know if this pokemon horizons not failure and keep ash / satoshi away for another 3 or 4 years liko will become my favorite

Zinnia.

Madwoman's ancestry cracked the code to an alternate universe and the origins of the energy used to make that discovery. She went out of her way trying to get both primals to fight just so she could summon Mega Ray, then have it stop the falling meteor her entire bloodline saw 1000 years away. She understood the risks of summoning both primals, but knew this was Mega Ray's most natural way of being summoned and it beats both primals on point without difficulty. She had you follow her across several places of the region and into a sacred tower, while casually giving you some of the biggest breakthroughs of lore the series has ever had in the process. Who knew AZ's ultimate weapon would create a universe-wide phenomenon in evolution and have distortions of time-space continuums be freely made? Did you know that's just a fraction of Xerneas/Yveltal's power? With her knowledge and observation, she made a plan and had everything set. The big heads called her crazy, she knew what to do more than the rest. She took special stones, bundled them together, then laid them down and performed a ritual to summon Rayquaza. Just as her plan approached an end, tides turned, and Rayquaza chose you instead of her. You fed it the power it needed, and it challenged you. Zinnia, upset she wasn't chosen, decided to want one final wish fulfilled. She wished to battle the Pokémon her and her bloodline spent the past thousand years worshipping, then see it take off to save the world. You weren't the only hero in this event. Zinnia did most of the piloting, but you were the one to tackle the threat directly.

Can't help but to give a lot of respect to all this. That's wild.

Yes, and also for her corrupting the Pokémon timeline (which I tried to remake, I’ll show you my attempt to remake it a bit later)
How is Zinnia not in a contest? (Although that’s a bad question but at the same time intriguing)

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom