• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Is The Best Pokegirl For Ash?

Misty. Sure, they argued, a lot, and it could get annoying, but I also never really saw a Pokegirl who cared so much for Ash. The chemistry between Ash and all the other girls after her never really felt the same. I mean I like the most of the other female protagonists, I just think Misty and Ash had the most chemistry between them.

Normally I don't ship, but I am interested.

Serena, but I feel most of my reasons are minor.

Ash invited her to travel along. Misty just followed for her bike. May and Dawn also followed because of their bikes but was beyond Ash's control. If I remember, Iris just followed him.

Barring one incident after his loss against Wulfric, he's never argued with Serena when he's quick to bicker with the other girls whether he's right or wrong and its usually done out of comedy. His one argument with Serena was serious, but not hostile. The rest of the time Serena is angry with him, he doesn't talk back.

Serena made her feelings clear by actually doing something about it.

Second place goes to Lillie.

Third place goes to Margo, of course that's a different timeline/universe with a different Ash.

Slight issue with that statement: Ash has a doctor-like tendency to reboot his personality. I say this as a fan of the guy, but who is best for Ash at one point is not the best for Ash in another point.

Still I am of the opinion that there is no one true pairing: but then again I like multishipping.

Personally, I prefer Serena x Ash, only because Serena is very in love with the protagonist. Furthermore, Ash is a golden boy, he would never let the girl down, lol.

Ash x Dawn, they are so friendly and amicable. This is also a good match.

May x Ash, I do not think they developed an intimate relationship.

Misty x Ash, too much conflict to a long and lasting love.

Obs: My favorite pokegirl is also May....

Last edited:
I have to go with either Dawn or Serena, though I’m leaning more towards Dawn.

Pearlshipping is a ship I have supported for years. I love Dawn’s character and the bond she shares with Ash. They would definitely go great together, if you ask me.

I’m not exactly Serena’s biggest fan but I do admit that her crush on Ash got me. It was adorable, to be honest.

Serena, WITHOUT A Doubt; Because
A. they Get along MUCH better than ANY of the OTHER Pokegirls;
B. Ash Invited her to come along with him, INSTEAD of her just inviting herself
C. She was the VERY first Girl to Meet Ash, YEARS before Misty
D. She never Got herself(which Bonnie and Iris got shocked by Him) nor her Bike(like Misty, May and Dawn) Electrocuted by Pikachu when they first met.
E. They Don't fight a lot, and enjoy being with each other.
F. They Both have Missing Dads
G. They BOTH Cross-dress(Ash has done so various times through his journey, and Serena Crossdressed as Ash)
H. They Both got Torched by their VERY First Fire-type Pokemon(Serena Got Flamed by Fennekin during the Poke-vision Episode, and Ash's Charizard often used flamethrower on him)
I. They BOTH Take off their hats before Eating
J. Both have Changed their Hats through their Journeys
K. Their 1st Fighting Type Pokemon Both COINCIDENTALLY Stole Ash's Hat
L. They Both Wore Different Outfits traveling through their Home Regions.

• Both have traveled through their home regions in two different traveling outfits.

• Both have traveled through their home regions in two different traveling outfits.
But honestly this has nothing to do with each other they didn't do anything different for each other it is something that just happen how come they bothtake take theri hats off while eating has to do with their friendship
you like her only because she has a crush on him otherwise their was character development is she is enjoy your was not a good performer also she did the same thing again and again in every performance there is no differennce in her performance than before.
Unlike Dawn she always do something new in her Pokemon contest she even invent so many moves and also taught spin move to ash also she is more powerful as a trainer and more mature also like in a scene where there was mud and serena make deal of getting dirty that she can get dirty for Pokemon , she make a big deal out of this dawn and any other poke girl wouldn't even think for a second about it .I bet nobody liked serena if she isn't a barbie type our doesn't have a crush on ash.

I have to go with either Dawn or Serena, though I’m leaning more towards Dawn.

Pearlshipping is a ship I have supported for years. I love Dawn’s character and the bond she shares with Ash. They would definitely go great together, if you ask me.

I’m not exactly Serena’s biggest fan but I do admit that her crush on Ash got me. It was adorable, to be honest.
I bet everyone like serena just because of that
Her performance has nothing different and unique it just there is no difference to make her seems like she is good performer she always do the same thing in performance nothing new
While dawn always try to sdo something new
She even taught ash new move (spin) move she is more inspiring girl.
While serena make a big deal of getting dirty for her Pokemon
She is shallow there was no character development she never fight with ash because she has a crush on him whatever ash say is right she follow him blindly. I have seen her performance I never something different that make her win .
And also aria grandmother think she is different because she cut her hairs so lame
Remember dawn got opportunity to be poke stylist contest because she shows her Pokemon that was a good reason why editor acknowledge her.

You have valid arguments, but aren't you being a little harsh with Serena?

I don't think she is lame or exactly shallow. Besides that, she is not just the girl who has a crush on Ash.

Furthermore, you are wrong about the fact that she never fight with Ash or that she follow him blindly. Their argument in XY-121 is sensible and meaning.

Finally, Serena values Ash for who he is, a strong will and encouraging person. Certainly the girl is sensitive and insecure, but she doesn't give up on her beliefs. And certainly will not give up the Ash.

Last edited:
Certainly the girl is sensitive and insecure, but she doesn't give up on her beliefs.

She also has a pretty awesome theme song. Maybe not her theme song per se, but the song that always plays whenever Serena is always center-stage in the anime, subbed at least.

View: https://youtu.be/RSGYoqQUG_g

I am stepping into a shipping discussion for the first time, here goes nothing!

Personally, when faced with that question, despite my feelings for the fact that I don't believe in pairing any of them up with anyone, the only girl character that I think fits Ash would be Serena.

Misty.

It didn't take a genius to see there was something going on between them but it was still subtle, it didn't feel forced. They went from acting like they hated each other and wanting to kill each other to forming a genuine friendship and bond that sometimes hinted to something more. The development between them feels more believable.

I would multi-ship as well if it weren't for the fact that I'm the kind of person who believes in monogamous relationships, so shipping Ash with multiple girls just feels weird to me. That said, I guess I'd go with Serena since she had the most obvious crush on Ash and she actually kissed him. Prior to her arrival I would've said May since she and Ash had the best chemistry in terms of potential romance, but her rivalry with Drew changed my mind since they began getting close to each other over time.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom