• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is the Mysterious Man????????

Supreme Leader Palpitoad

The Toad of Honor
Reaction score
We know that he has a Mega Blaziken and we know that he is mysterious and he is probably important for the plot. Here is some guesses:
1. He is a rival
They may want to have Megas introduced by a rival and wants this guy to be a mystery guy?
2. Tobias????
He feels like a guy who can dress up and walk around with ubermons.
3. The champion
Why not? A mysterious champion would make a funny plot.
4. A guy from Team Flare
They seems to be Fire type fans, so a Mega Blaziken would fit. And this can be a good way of introducing them.
5. A random guy named Ernie
Just think of it! The best option.
Your thoughts?

I could see him being Team Flare's as of yet unrevealed boss (none of these 5 on the scans is supposed to be it I think), but that's just what I would like to see, I have nothing to prove this theory other than him using Mega Blaziken and Team Flare seemingly focusing on Fire-types :sweatlol:

Or he's an important character from the anime's past. Now that would be interesting.

At the moment I just hope he ends up being more than just another rival benchmark for Ash to surpass, that would be underwhelming. When I see an obscure mysterious character lurking in the shadows I usually expect it to be somewhat related to the plot, I can totally see him related to Team Flare or being the Champion. Personally, I prefer the former choice since the "champion adventurer" thing has been the done to death already.

Forget about Takuto. Despite the myriad of possibilities a character having access to legendaries could be used for, I believe it is above the anime's capacity to develop someone like him in a satisfactory way.

Last edited:
He could be the leader of Team Flare. It would be cool if they had access to Mega Pokemon from the start in the anime. He doesn't give off a rival vibe due to his outfit and being so mysterious. Being the Champion is possible too, especially when I could see the Champion in the games having access to Mega Pokemon, but I'm leading more towards the leader of Team Flare right now.

I doubt it's Ash's rival. Why would Ash's rival conceal himself?

I also find it kinda hard to believe they would give Ash a rival who already has a Mega Blaziken, that would be an unfair match-up. I think you're all just looking for an excuse for Ash to get stronger in this series, so you're hoping his rival has a Mega Blaziken. Just looking at that picture it's easy to deduce that person cannot be Ash's rival because he or she seems too old for that.

I feel like it's an original character, perhaps in connection with Team Flare?

I have the feeling he'll be some sort of antagonist and not in the rival sense.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom