• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Who is the Mysterious Man????????

On hold, not abandoned
Reaction score
Wait for the return trip.

"Blaziman and 'Ken save the day again!"
Whether he's saving people from burning skyscrapers or stopping bank robbers (in which the Mega is overkill), there's always that one coworker who's never there. Alexa may personally know him...

Reaction score
I'm going with Ash's dad and hear me out! The writers are making Serena an old friend of Ash so Ash's dad being in Kalos could be a thing. Maybe he and Dehlia broke up and he moved to Kalos. Of course it would of been funny if he remarried Grace only for Ash to find out Serena is his new sister...

Or maybe he is just some new guy but I do he has a backstory and is not another Tobias.

Reaction score
It might be a long shot, but I'm hoping he's Ash's dad. He gives off that Racer X vibe, and they're already delving into the past with Serena so they might as well go all out. I've always imagined Ash's dad is off fighting crime somewhere, so (assuming Mega Blaziken Man is some kind of superhero) it would fit with my headcanon too.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
AZ or someone related to him.
I think it's either that or team flares boss

It might be a long shot, but I'm hoping he's Ash's dad. He gives off that Racer X vibe, and they're already delving into the past with Serena so they might as well go all out. I've always imagined Ash's dad is off fighting crime somewhere, so (assuming Mega Blaziken Man is some kind of superhero) it would fit with my headcanon too.
I have to agree with you although I can't imagine Ash's dad as a lone crime fighter.

Uchuuuuu KITAAAA!!!
Reaction score
It could be Lysandre. N's role wasn't an antagonist in Episode N, so, I can see Lysandre's role change, just to be diferent from the games.

OR, he is gligarman's long lost & competent brother.

Reaction score
N's role in Episode N was closer to his role in the sequel games, where he also wasn't an antagonist. Though I see your point. It might also be a new character with a role similar to Lysandre, like how Trip replaced Cheren as Ash's rival but retained some of Cheren's traits.

Lovely
Reaction score
So Ash's dad could be a superhero? XD

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
I forgot, did we see Sycamore in the same scene as Blaziken Man?

In the games, his assistants have the whole thing with dressing up as superheroes going on, and I was wondering if the Anime might've expanded that to Sycamore himself doing so.

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
We did. He even watched as Mega-Blaziken turned back into regular Blaziken while B-Men was standing next to him.

Reaction score

In the games, his assistants have the whole thing with dressing up as superheroes going on, and I was wondering if the Anime might've expanded that to Sycamore himself doing so.
That would actually be a very interesting angle if it wasn't already proved impossible.

Reaction score
I just had a wild but serious thought, what if its Captain Falcon?
Captain Falcon and Blaziken are both fiery fighters and falcons and Blaziken are powerful birds.

G50

Night Owl
Reaction score
Now there's an interesting twist. I wonder if Clemont knows about his father being Blaziken Mask. Maybe it's like something he does on the side without Clemont knowing and eventually Clemont finds out about it.

Unless of course Clemont has known from the very beginning.

Reaction score
Captain Blaziken has subtle but noticeably enough more length to his beard.
Perhaps Clemont's dad will get accused of being Captain Blaziken? Even though the beard thing is likely an animation error I still think it is possible, they've done near/identical character gags before (and I don't just mean Joy/Jenny).

Reaction score
Captain Blaziken has subtle but noticeably enough more length to his beard.
Perhaps Clemont's dad will get accused of being Captain Blaziken? Even though the beard thing is likely an animation error I still think it is possible, they've done near/identical character gags before (and I don't just mean Joy/Jenny).
That would be more interesting than Blaziken Guy just straight up being Limone, certainly.

Reaction score
It seems likely he's Limone based on those pics. The giveaway will be if they have the same voice actor.