• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is this?

[strike]I see, an eighth. But how does that work? :p

Like, is he hidden? Or in another town? Does he give a badge? Et cetera ad infinitum.[/strike]

I am so dumb. There are eight Gyms per region. I thought there were seven. :p

Last edited:
What do you mean by "hidden"? The main Pokemon games always had eight Gym Leaders. Giovanni, Claire, Wallace/Juan?

...What do you mean how does it work? He's the last Shin'ou Gym Leader. .-.

No, He's just the last gym leader. He acts like a champion type character (he's even friends with the Elite 4).. I'd really expect something like wallance with him. (EDIT: I mean, in a third game, but I don't think gamefreak will do the expected)

I like him, favorite gym leader so far (and of the 4th gym). Its true that he's not in the gym when you meet him, but I wounldn't say he's hidden..

Um...yeah...my mind kind of slipped there. Heh, heh--I've been playing too many games divided into seven parts. ^^;

In Yahoo's website, though, why did they put him with the Elite Four, I wonder.

They are foreshadowing his promotion to the E4 in the third game!!!!11~!

Meh, the eighth GL would probably be considered the most exposed to outside influence. Giovanni's the villain, Clair's got the Dragon Cave, you actually have to find Blue to get him to battle you, and Wallace not only has the Cave of Origin gig, he's kicked up to Champion in Emerald.

The eighth GL always gets a little more exposure. Denji seems no exception. They're pretty much rank up there with the E4 themselves, given they're what stands between you and the League.

He's buddy with the Fire loving Afro Elite dude too.

And is also rediculously simple as an 8th Gym Leader. Helpful in some ways but can leave you underlevelled for the Elite 'cos you really don't need to try that hard so long as you have a Ground type, a Grass Type and/or Earthquake on a couple Pokemon.

A Dodatoise will literally just stomp all over him - though you'd need to be quick to take out his Octillery with it and probably a Fighting Type sitting back for Eteboss if you can't take it out with a good strong general first attack.

It's Baku, who you can Double Battle with at Hard Mountain and at the Tower.

It's Baku, who you can Double Battle with at Hard Mountain and at the Tower.

Ah, okay.

All your helpers seem to have really simple names. That's so not cool. I mean, Momi, Baku, Gen, Mai, Miru. Only two characters. Ryou has more character than they do, Jun has more characters than they do. That is so short-changing them.

It just guarantees things like Sam, Bob, Jane, Ann, Mary (again).

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom