• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is your fav Johto starter ?

Fav Johto starter ?

• Chikorita

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Totodile

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 36 46.8%

• Total voters

Thepokehustler

Reaction score
Mine is Cyndaquil with Totodile coming in at a close second, with Chikorita coming in at third.

what about you guys ?

s5PXhh3.png

I've always like Cyndaquil more than the other 2. I do whoever have a liking to Totodile tho as I just really like it's design. I'm just not a huge fan of Feraligatr. It just doesn't do it for me as much as Typhlosion which is prolly y Totodile is my second rather than first.

I like all three of the starters, but the Totodile line is my favorite.

Totodile cause you can teach Ice Beam to it early in the game so it can counter dragon types. Cyndaquil is cool cause it and it's evolution line has Eruption which is a seriously powerful move.

Johto had the best starters in my opinion. Chikorita always held a soft spot in my heart, mainly because it had access to Aromatherapy. It's by no means a heavy hitter, but it's a magnificent support Pokemon. Played well alongside my obligatory Ampharos that I always ran in Silver and SoulSilver. I despise Totodile. It just always looked like if it were a person, it would be an asshole. Cyndaquil was a wonderful, well-rounded Pokemon to use in most scenarios, however I never thought Typhlosion looked like the final form of a starter Pokemon. Even today, the battle sprite for Typhlosion looks bland. But then again, looks can be deceiving.

Totodile is my favorite, but I also like chikorita as well. I think totodile is my second favorite water starter after mudkip with froakie coming in third.

Meganium is my favorite overall, but Chikorita is my least favorite based on the first evos. Totodile would have to be my favorite based on the first evos, and Feraligatr is pretty good too. Cyndaquil, meanwhile, is cute, but I really dislike Typhlosion.

When I first got Silver it was a toss up between Chikorita and Cyndaquil, but I went with Cyndaquil because it has better looking evolutions imo. I was never overly fond of Totodile.

Chikorita for me, I chose Chikorita in my Hg playthrough bcs I always liked Ash's chikorita in the anime, and it ended up being the best member of my team, and one of my favourite starters

I used to always pick Chikorita (mostly cause I like starting with a grass type), but my favourite is by far Cyndaquil. I love Typhlosion, he is a great pokémon, both in terms of design and moveset, stats. Though I like totodile I never liked Feraligatr :/

I like Chikorita, but I don't like her evolutions. I like Cindaquil a lot too, and its evolutions.
So I guess Chikorita and Cindaquil, but my vote goes for Chikorita.

Cyndaquil line has always been my favourite starter line of all time, it's simple but still unique. It's not an incredible battler but it does the job and has a very awesome design.

Totodile, because it is an adorable lil' crocodile that bites things. Cyndaquil is pretty cute, too. Apparently there is a Grass starter as well, but it's not relevant.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom