• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is your favorite Pokemon Professor?

Mythdon

Reaction score
Now Professor Oak is unequivocally a classic, but I think what makes him the best has to do with his significance, both the anime and games, compared to that of other professors, the storylines and his relationships with the characters. He's got this sense of laying the foundation of teaching and understanding the Pokemon world. Much is hard to explain, but there's so much more to him than being just the professor of the region that hands out your starter Pokemon. He's way more a character than he is always a professor, but the way he incorporates his professor into his non-professor appearances

I don't know much about Elm, but there's just something comical about his relationship with Oak, constantly arguing with eachother about eachother's research. Them two have chemistry

Birch comes third, I find him quite informal and integral to Hoenn, not to mention he's quite unorthodox compared to other professors, and the way he hands out Pokemon, rather than the usual "come to my lab and get your new Pokemon" (on a silver platter), tests them in the wild straight away telling them to grab one of his Poke Balls as he's being attacked by Poochyena, essentially they have to earn their Pokemon. I also like how he does a lot of field work (as evidenced in his introduction)

My favorite is Professor Oak, but this may be biased as I haven't watched much of the anime and despite having quite a few of the games Red and Yellow and Gen 2 (also the gen 2 remakes) have got most of my playtime. Red and Yellow will always have that special place in my nerd heart from when I first received Yellow as a Christmas gift back in the day, and as such, Oak similarly, as a part of that experience, holds a special place the other professors will never get because they weren't as relevant in my childhood. Sorry other professors, Oak has nostalgia on his side.

My personal favorite is Juniper. She's cool, pretty, mature, and she's a woman professor on top of everything else. Which, I'll be honest, is kind of important to me personally, since every other professor is male.

Birch because he's kinda hot lol (I'm serious).

Professor Juniper. She's the only female professor and she plays a vital role in the story and doesn't just sit around and do nothing! Of course, that doesn't mean I hate the other professors. Sycamore is pretty cool, and I love his theme music.

Last edited:
Professor Juniper, and it kinda pisses me off they took five gens to get a female professor. I'd like another to avoid Smurfette Principle, but she'd still be the first.

Juniper because I enjoyed the Unova region every much. She was a great professor.

Birch was super tight in the anime. I also really like Oak of course, and he has more significance in the anime, but Birch was just really entertaining when he was involved. Also he gives you 4 starters in ORAS, so what's not to love?

I really like Juniper, though that may be because I really, really like Gen. 5 and the fact that Juniper is rather nice looking. Also, I really liked her character in the games as well.

Another favorite of mine is definitely Elm, because I started with HeartGold/SoulSilver, so, fond memories.

Sycamore is my favorite so far. He seemed interesting and I liked that he was active in the story and wasn't just some guy living in a small town away from the rest of the region. I'm hoping we get more female professors though. Juniper just felt bland to me for one reason or another. Can't explain it.

My favorites are Oak and Birch.
Sadly I haven't watched a lot of BW episodes and haven't played Gen V games either. So I don't know much about Juniper.
Rowan and Sycamore were okay.

Sycamore because he's involved in the story and you get to battle him.
He's also pretty handsome and amusing.

Back
Top Bottom