• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is your favorite Pokemon Professor?

If there is one character I don't pay a whole lot of attention to, it's the professor of the region. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Professor Oak, since he's the only one who I found to be more involved in your quest than any of the professors in later regions.

1.) My favorite is Professor Birch; because, one he's hot and two he's funny and three he's the most casual in appearance.

2.) Professor Sycamore comes in second because like Birch he's hot and he's a big flirt, plus he's cool.

3.) Third would be Professor Oak. how can I chose favorite Professors and not pick him. he's on this list for nostalgia reasons but he's smart, funny and he tells it like it is. #MuchAppreciate!

prof. oak mostly because his my childhood but because his also had more screen time to flesh him out plus his the one that is closest to ash almost feeling like a grandpa at times

Professor Sycamore. You get to interact with him throughout the game and he reminds me of a couple of my old college professors.

Professor Oak. He appeared in every generation up to, and including, Gen IV. He was the first regional professor, and there is still a lot of mystery regarding certain aspects of his character. We do know a lot about his character, both from the games and the anime, given that he's Ash's regional professor and has the most screen time of any professor over all.

Oak started it all, and for that, he's number one.

I said Sycamore is my favorite in the past but I think Kukui is going to be my favorite after Sun and Moon are released. I already love his design and he just seems so chill and laid back. Plus after finding out he studies pokemon attacks my friend and I came up with a hilarious headcanon that he's almost always found with a pokemon biting him, trying to eat him, or just knocking him around.

Imagine finding him in a field, just covered in leech seed sprouts. Kukui is a boss. Kukui is immune to most poisons, paralysis, freezing, and burns. Kukui is the alpha professor.

Professor Sycamore and Oak are my favourites for two very different reasons, and because of that I don't think I could choose between them even if they're both Professors, haha. I feel Professor Kukui's gonna be another favourite of mine too, since he's so cool and.. that outfit, lol. The Professors are all-around great though, the only one I didn't really favour was Rowan. <'3

My two main game series favorite professors are Elm and Rowan. Funny enough, they both seem to be the opposite of each other in terms of mood and posture, with Elm being cheerful and clumsy and Rowan being calm and strict. I also love their labs which also helps in liking them and their subject of research despite the fact that most of times it seems to just have a topic going on than actual discoveries being made (and this regarding all professors).

I also like Professor Sebastian from the anime due to his role in the Lake of Rage Rocket' project as well as his appearence in Legends.

While I used to like Oak, his protagonism as well as his "cousins" make him feel saturated and annoying.

Kukui, because he has an easygoing disposition (I love his really relaxed encounter theme and lab music), as well as a goofy, showman side (as the Masked Royal), and yet he can also be serious when the moment calls for it. The final battle against him in Sun & Moon was such an epic closer for those games, and it was doubly effective because he was the first professor to really have an arc of his own throughout the game, with his desire to build a Pokémon League in Alola in order to bring Trainers and their Pokémon closer together. It's very fitting for him to usher in the first-ever title match of the League, and I think the fact that he wants to earn that title just as much shows a competitive side of him that no other professor has displayed.

I am also fond of Birch, Sycamore, and Sonia. And Burnet, as well - I was as delighted as I was shocked when it was revealed she'd be in Sun & Moon, as I'd had a lot of fun with the Dream Radar app.

Professor Kukui is my favorite, he is such a kind and relaxed person, always there to help you or give you advice. He welcomed Ash into his house for free and in a way he was like the father the kid never has, this guy is the kind person you want as a father, friend, teacher, brother, husband, as an everything. And add that the guy is handsome as hell and doesn't wear a shirt so you can't see his perfect muscles, seriously Kukui don't you get tired of being so perfect? :love:. Ok this comment make me look like some obsessed stalker :lapras:.

Professor Sycamore is another handsome scientific, and french (Scientists and french, two of my weaknesses in male characters). He didn't appear as much as Kukui but we saw that he was also a great man. He is also a bit of a casanova, like when he flirted with diantha's assistant, but being fair that was to distract her, and this man could tell you the time and it would sound like a flirt, I'm pretty sure that if he was in a relationship he would be a loyal man.

Professor Juniper is my third favorite, as you can see my favorites dethroned each other :LOL:. What can I say about her that I haven't said before?, like all professors she's a kind person, she's also an example of woman, beautiful and intelligent, the kind of woman everyone would like to have as a friend or as a big sister. Ok this whole comment was just me fangirling the professors, I guess it goes with my username :cool:.

Last edited:
Professor Kukui but Oak and Elm are pretty cool too mainly because they were the earliest professors that we knew of. Also Prof Ivy if she counts.

I think I can count Sonia as a professor, since she becomes one during the story of Sword/ Shield. I think she is funny, intelligent, relatable, she gets involved quite a bit with the player's progression, even in the DLCs, and of course, she is gorgeous.

It's a very close tie between Professor Oak and Kukui, both are equally my favorite and I like them for different reasons.

has to be sycamore for me! i've always found him charming and i like how he looks. there's also some nostalgia since he was my first professor.

Back
Top Bottom