• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is your favorite Pokémon rival?

Who is your favorite Pokémon rival?

• Blue / Gary (Pokémon Red / Blue / Green / Yellow / FireRed / LeafGreen)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Trace (Pokémon Let’s go Pikachu! / Eevee!)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Silver (Pokémon Gold / Silver / Crystal / HeartGold / SoulSilver)

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Brendan (Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire)

• May (Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Wally (Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Barry (Pokémon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum / Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl)

• Cheren (Pokémon Black / White)

• Bianca (Pokémon Black / White)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • N (Pokémon Black / White)

• Hugh (Pokémon Black 2 / White 2)

• Calem (Pokémon X / Y)

• Serena (Pokémon X / Y)

• Tierno (Pokémon X / Y)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor (Pokémon X / Y)

• Shauna (Pokémon X / Y)

• Hau (Pokémon Sun / Moon / Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Gladion (Pokémon Sun / Moon / Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Hop (Pokémon Sword / Shield)

• Marnie (Pokémon Sword / Shield)

• Bede (Pokémon Sword / Shield)

• Klara (Pokémon Sword DLC)

• Avery (Pokémon Shield DLC)

• Nemona (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet)

• Arven (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet)

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Penny (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet)

• Carmine (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet DLC)

• Kieran (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet DLC)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ronald (Pokémon Card GB series)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lear (Pokémon Masters EX)

• Paulo (Pokémon Masters EX)

• Keith (Ranger: Shadows of Almia)

• Total voters

ComicMimic

Kagamine Len fan !!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
  2. Any
I’ve done least favorites too many times on here T-T need happy and fun thread! There are unlimited votes in case you can’t decide ^_^ !!

May I say my line again… A thread is for fun, not fights.

It's between N, Shauna and Nemona for me.

I like how mysterious N appears and how he has that odd power to understand Pokémon.
Shauna is so spunky and fun to be around. I'll admit that she's not a good battler, but she is a fun friend.
Nemona can be a tad annoying with her addiction to battling. But I like her spirited attitude and how she radiates positivity.

So if I have to choose, I'll pick Nemona.

Some of the people on these lists are my favorite "pals," as I don't consider them exactly as rivals.

Hop is the best pal, and Blue and Silver are my favorite rivals.

On the other hand, Carmine and Kieran are caught in a delicate interplay between rivalry and friendship that isn't easy to decipher. I look forward to finishing the DLCs to try to definitively interpret them.

i think my top rival would have to be n! n is a really inspiring character that i do look up to, and he means a lot to me, so even though i wanted to list a few other rivals, i honestly can't because he really is just the #1 for me.

I voted for eight of them. ^_^;;

Really cool to see some love for Lear on this poll! I keep thinking of him as an obscure character since he's not in the mainline games. But looks like my most "unpopular" picks were Bede and Hugh.

If I'd been absolutely forced to pick only one, it would have been Penny.

Mine's Nemona I think. Her already being a champion and basically holding back her skills until the very end is such a fun twist on the archetype.

Serena and Calem are another highlight for me. Idk I like the energy they have as rivals and like... they're already Serena and Calem, two of my favorite player trainers. Plus they use Meowstic, so automatically based.

Finally, Klara. Her energy is so wild, I love it.

Well, it's obviosuly Silver as he indeed acts as a true rival who has a different mind when it comes to make use and treat a Pokémon. N is pretty good as well but is he really a rival? I see him more as a semi-villain and mysterious character.
As for the others... I just see them as friends who want to check how your journey's going.

Probably May or USUM Hau. Not a really huge fan of any of them but perhaps those two are who I'm most ok with.

Edit: Wait Lear is a rival? Huh.

Edit 2: What if I consider Arceus and Ultra Necrozma to be my rivals? Those would be my favorite rivals by far. They aren't official rivals but I make it work in the games I have :LOL:

Edit 3: I also voted Shauna for the lols. Really like her character more than other rivals, but she's not much of a rival. Also voted Serena because she is my favorite protagonist character, and whatever protag I choose in XY is dependent on whether I want to play as Serena or have Serena be the rival. idk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom