• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is your LEAST favorite Pokémon protagonist?

Who’s your LEAST favorite protagonist?

• Red (Pokémon Red / Blue)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Leaf (Pokémon Fire Red / Leaf Green)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold / Ethan (Pokémon Gold / Silver)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Kris (Pokémon crystal)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lyra (Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Brendan (Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald)

• May (Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald)

• Lucas (Pokémon Diamond / Pearl)

• Dawn (Pokémon Diamond / Pearl)

• Hilbert (Pokémon Black / White)

• Hilda (Pokémon Black / White)

• Nate (Pokémon Black 2 / White 2)

• Rosa (Pokémon Black 2 / White 2)

• Calem (Pokémon X / Y)

• Serena (Pokémon X / Y

• Elio ( Pokémon Sun / Moon)

• Selene (Pokémon Sun / Moon)

• Victor (Pokémon Sword / Shield)

• Gloria (Pokémon Sword / Shield)

• Rei (Pokémon Legends)

• Akari (Pokémon Legends)

• Florian (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Juliana (Pokémon Scarlet / Violet)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Wes (Pokémon Colosseum)

• Michael (Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)

• Nate (Pokémon Battle Revolution)

• Cindy (Pokémon Battle Revolution)

• Mark (Pokémon Trading Card Game)

• Mint (Pokémon Trading Card Game)

• Todd Snap (Pokémon Snap)

• Lucy Fleetfoot (Pokémon Trozei!)

• Lunick (Pokémon Ranger)

• Solana (Pokémon Ranger)

• Kellyn (Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia)

• Kate (Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia)

• Ben (Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs)

• Summer (Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs)

• Hero (Pokémon Conquest)

• Heroine (Pokémon Conquest)

• Tim Goodman (Detective Pikachu)

• Scottie (Pokémon Masters EX)

• Bettie (Pokémon Masters EX)

• Total voters

ComicMimic

Kagamine Len fan !!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
  2. Any
The title is simple, who is your least favorite? Could be off design, how they act in other media, just anything that makes you dislike the character the most!

Just remember that if anyone has a different opinion, don’t hate on them, this thread is just for fun, not fights.

NoOoOoOo

you can’t make me dislike one of my beautiful children…

anyways um. Florian and victor are a bit bland in terms of design, more on Florian’s part. but no you can’t make me vote and dislike one of the beautiful lissiverse children THEYRE MINE

Seeing Tim Goodman on this list reminds me how shallow of a character he is in the games when in the movie he has so much more personality it’s definitely way less flat

Florian does not look like someone I'd like to play as.

The SV protag designs in general are just very off for me in comparison to nearly all gens before them.

Outside them, I voted Lyra because I never really liked her design (or Pokémon Masters EX voice now) very much.

Red. Because I see his design almost everywhere in every ROM hack I play. It's also very generic and basic.
I see Leaf's design so often as well, but I actually like her design.

Not even dislike territory, but I feel the Academy uniforms bog down Juliana and Florian for me compared to the other mainline trainers

In terms of spin-offs, Ben's design kinda weirds me out.

Last edited:
florian, he just doesn't have anything that makes him stand out to me. i vastly prefer juliana as the sv protagonist but i can't even get behind florian's design enough to care to want to portray him as a separate character from the protag in any of my fanworks. i know a lot of people bash juliana's design for being kinda basic too but honestly at least juliana's hairstyle makes her stand out, meanwhile florian is just kinda plain.

I have never been a fan of Nate. The lycra pants under the shorts are terrible and the anime hair is terrible. It looks like Hilbert's aloof brother.

Calem and Victor are very boring interpretations of how an older Pokemon protagonist would look like, but at least customization can save them. A similar thing happens with Elio, he looks a bit childish though he is saved by customization and his USUM design.

But the crown goes to...Florian. Limited customization, very childish look and it should have respected the Sugimori artstyle instead of changing it and making it less unique.

The Pokemon Go protagonist also deserves a mention for the ugly artstyle, Pokemon should have never gone SIMS-style and I hope the main series never tries something similar, I'd actually prefer the SV artstyle.

I have never been a fan of Nate. The lycra pants under the shorts are terrible and the anime hair is terrible. It looks like Hilbert's aloof brother.

Nate is a case of Game Freak delusion, I don't know how anyone approved the character's costume, in which the pieces don't match each other and don't make any sense at all. Who thought it would be clever and cool, in a region based in New York, to wear a full swimsuit as underwear?

The worst thing is that, in my opinion, the characters sprites are really well made and the game arts, when don't represent full-body the character, are quite pleasant. What I want to say is that I kind of like Nate's appearance, but GameFreak, in wanting to innovate or whatever they wanted, was complete nonsense in his garment style.

Nate Sprites.png

Red - he is just so basic and boring.
Kris - don't like the hairstyle.
Brendan - the hat looks dumb.
Lucas - again, dislike the hat.
Rosa - dislike the outfit and the hairstyle.

Back
Top Bottom