• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who should Ash end up with in the anime?

Who should Ash end up with?

• Misty

Votes: 181 41.8%
  • Dawn

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • May

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Iris

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Other.....

Votes: 106 24.5%

• Total voters
Clemont, May, Iris, Serena, Dawn, Latias, Chikorita, and Bianca are the ones I'd most want Ash with, though I ship him with so much more people and even Aipom. I know, call me messed up for shipping Human x Poke, but I can't help it! Chiko, HatThief, and AltoShipping are too cute!

I will say Misty till the day I die because that's what originally was going to happen before the anime got extended past Kanto (look it up, a fan asked someone from Pokémon and they confirmed both that and the original games having 190 Pokémon. Their story is on Smogon Forums.) And Pokémon Adventures hints at a relationship between Misty and Red, so it's not just the anime. Misty and Ash are meant for each other in every canon.

But me being a gay man, I of course want some hot Ash x Gary action before he settles down with Misty.

He should up with the achievement of being coming a Pokémon master and have whoever end up with left up to the imaginations of the viewers.

My pick is for Dawn. I've been a Pearlshipper for the longest time. After everything Ash and Dawn went through together and how close they truly were, it just wouldn't feel right to me if he ended up with anyone else.

But besides Dawn, I also like him with Serena, Misty, Paul, and Gary.

I picked other, actually. I think out of everyone, he should end up with Serena. It's clear to see that she has a crush on him and plus, they just look so cute together. So yeah, my favorite is definitely Amourshipping.

Misty,but Serena has a chance.(Key word:CHANCE)I said Misty because Ash shows signs of liking Misty a bit,while Serena I feel it's one-sided.(Poor girl...DON'T WORRY CALEM LIKES YOU!!!!)

I'm a Digimon fan and TOTALLY AGREE.No Digimon Adventure 2's.So no Gisele,becuase she only got one episode,but it was kinda cute.^]

Misty, duhhh. She obviously liked ash ALOT, and he had hints about liking her. Misty also agreed that he was her boyfriend.(one of the movies with Lugia and the Kanto bird trio). And after Brock stayed with ivy for a bit(during that time) team rocket traps them both and teases them about being BF/GF. And then neither denies this, and they both just blush...

AshXXXXMisty!!!!!!!! Forever!

(NaLu as well)-fairytail

Misty was the original one, but Ash never really showed any affection towards her, (well not any more than a friend) he didn't know/care about Misty's feelings for him. Same now with Serena, she has been craving a piece of Ash for what must be years, (when she went to that camp) and again Ash, doesn't seem too fussed.

The only one he has ever shown actual love and care for, worry about their safety, concern for them, is Gary. Despite how much Gary teased(flirted) with him, Ash never stopped caring. Never had a bad word to say about him, and that whole splitting the Poke ball they found is like when people split those heart shaped necklaces.

I think Ash would be with Gary if not for the fact Pokemon is now international, and although the world is becoming more accepting of same sex relationships, there are many places, such as the Southern US, where a gay relationship in a kids cartoon would strike up controversy. I long for a day when this is not the case and Ash and Gary can finally be together.

Pokeshipping stopped being relevant literally more than a decade ago when the writers decided they were never going to bother bringing Misty back into the show anymore.

Nowadays Serena is promoted as Ash's main love interest, although if she does leave when XY ends her ship will likely be abandoned the same way Pokeshipping was. So for now, Serena, but if she leaves at the end of XY....then nobody again.

Pokeshipping stopped being relevant literally more than a decade ago when the writers decided they were never going to bother bringing Misty back into the show anymore.

Nowadays Serena is promoted as Ash's main love interest, although if she does leave when XY ends her ship will likely be abandoned the same way Pokeshipping was. So for now, Serena, but if she leaves at the end of XY....then nobody again.

Agreed, but Gary is the only one to make multiple returns after he was meant to leave the series. If you include flash backs he has been in every series so far apart from the current one, and made multiple returns. So I think Gary is more likely, especially if Serena doesn't stick around for Gen 7 which I can't see how she can!

When it comes to answering this question, you have to think about what is it that Ash likes. He adores Pokémon and all that goes with that, and he admires strong trainers. So I asked myself, who that Ash has met loves Pokémon as much as he does and has also expressed feelings for him?

Anabel.

You know that girl from Battle Frontier. Purple hair. She got two whole episodes. AbilityShipping? It's a thing. Trust me.

Anywho, I know we'll probably never see her again, but she still seems like the perfect match for Ash.

Just imagine... Ash finally gives up challenging leagues, but remembers that he was offered a position as a Frontier Brain. He goes and takes up that offer, reunites with Anabel, and then eventually gets promoted to Pyramid King. The anime ends with him steering the Battle Pyramid off into the sunset with Anabel by his side. Happily ever after.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom