• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who should Ash end up with in the anime?

Who should Ash end up with?

• Misty

Votes: 181 41.8%
  • Dawn

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • May

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Iris

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Other.....

Votes: 106 24.5%

• Total voters
Misty, duh! Its simple really. She always brought Ash back to Earth when he's acting dumb or overconfident, she playfully teases him regularly, and she shows real connection with him and Brock, just like best friends should. Pokeshipping was and probably always will be for the most part THE ship of Pokemon.

Always will be Misty for me.
I have loved pokemon becuase of the Kanto/Joto arcs, I didn't understand romantic emotions wen I was 5 or so, but I understood that bond that Ash and Misty had during the early series. even as a 5-10 year old I cried when Misty said she understood how Ash felt in the last episode, and it still gets to me now.

I could go off topic completly and start bring my veiws on other things but i wont and jsut end with this.

In my veiw I think its a crime that they have dumbed down the show to sell a game, considering for the most part the games have little to do with the show. I wish they could bring back the life the show use to have, instead of this hollow shell it is becoming.

I don't think he should actually end up with anyone, but judging from his interactions with all the characters, Misty would make the most sense. Given that Misty hasn't shown up in eons and probably won't ever again (waah) it's obviously not likely, but he did have the most shippy interactions with her than anyone else.

Then again, I ship Ash with like, tons of characters, so my list of who I would want Ash to end up with is quite long. XD

I don't think he should actually end up with anyone, but judging from his interactions with all the characters, Misty would make the most sense. Given that Misty hasn't shown up in eons and probably won't ever again (waah) it's obviously not likely, but he did have the most shippy interactions with her than anyone else.

Then again, I ship Ash with like, tons of characters, so my list of who I would want Ash to end up with is quite long. XD

I agree. I don't think he should be with anyone. However, I was hoping for someone he would get along with over time. Something that can trump pokeshipping hints so that just because they were the most doesn't mean he needs to end up with that person. I think it should be someone he can get along with right off the back as an equal trainer like him. Experienced and alittle clueless when it comes to love. Not all girls at that age care about that stuff. So it would be nice for a girl like that for him to have interest in. Someone who doesn't have a crush back on him for a change.

Last edited:
Though I was and still am a big fan of Advanceshipping (AshxMay), if Ash was to end up with someone, I think it should be Misty. There were just so many hints in the seasons she was in. And her goodbye song. Had me bawlin'.

Always will be Misty for me.
I have loved pokemon becuase of the Kanto/Joto arcs, I didn't understand romantic emotions wen I was 5 or so, but I understood that bond that Ash and Misty had during the early series. even as a 5-10 year old I cried when Misty said she understood how Ash felt in the last episode, and it still gets to me now.

I could go off topic completly and start bring my veiws on other things but i wont and jsut end with this.

In my veiw I think its a crime that they have dumbed down the show to sell a game, considering for the most part the games have little to do with the show. I wish they could bring back the life the show use to have, instead of this hollow shell it is becoming.
so ll sniff beauthful i want misty bac she was in two region with ash ash got jeausly of drack misty got jeoulsy of magie my point is ur right team misty

With The Hotter Girl !
Hopefully Ash's next Female companion will be hotter then the previous girl
Or Ash will get a Same-aged Hot female rival who will drive Ash to be stronger !

Definitely Misty. Why do you think her goodbye was so mushy?

While I'm kinda just stating personal preference, I'm gonna say Misty. It really does seem to be what the creators intended, because of all the hints they dropped. Also, G/S were originally planned to be the last games, so it makes sense that they'd wrap up the romantic sub-plot they'd been developing when the games, and subsequently the show, ended. Their decision to make new games meant they couldn't do that, but I doubt they'd just drop it; I believe Ash and Misty still have a happy ending planned, but it's just been postponed.

Let see now
Hypothetically, If Ash going to win the League this time then it make that XY Cast girl special (Or Lucky) because she was a part of Journey where Ash finally succeed .
So , Wouldn't it be logical for Ash to end up with the girl who will accompany him in the Journey where he meant to be successful ?
Unless Writer chose a Rival for Ash !
I think A Love story with a girl like this is more FITTING for Anime like a Pokemon-
Erina Nakiri - Shokugeki no SOMA Wiki
From a Bitchy rival to a Likeable Heroin !
Thats the type of Development people actually want .

Let see now
Hypothetically, If Ash going to win the League this time then it make that XY Cast girl special (Or Lucky) because she was a part of Journey where Ash finally succeed .
So , Wouldn't it be logical for Ash to end up with the girl who will accompany him in the Journey where he meant to be successful ?
Unless Writer chose a Rival for Ash !
I think A Love story with a girl like this is more FITTING for Anime like a Pokemon-
Erina Nakiri - Shokugeki no SOMA Wiki
From a Bitchy rival to a Likeable Heroin !
Thats the type of Development people actually want .
ture but misty misty misty wrote a song for ash misty said one day were going to get married misty misty miSTY MISTY

Honestly , I like Ash to have a Harem !
it because I just love to see all surrounding Male getting jealous seeing the Protagonist with his Harem .
That's the most hilarious thing to me .
For once I like see some Guy getting jealous & angry at Ash for his harem and shouting '' He's Mankind Worst enemy , The popular guy !!!!

I think Ash should end up with Misty. I say this because out of all his female friends, he and Misty had the strongest love/hate relationship. At some moments they could not STAND each other, and in other times one would feel lost without the other. Such characteristics make for romance in Animes.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom