• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who should Ash end up with in the anime?

Who should Ash end up with?

• Misty

Votes: 181 41.8%
  • Dawn

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • May

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Iris

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • Other.....

Votes: 106 24.5%

• Total voters
It's really wasn't a jab at Serena, but more at the people who are running the Anime. Who keeps adding new faces for the sake of adding new faces.

This explained it better than I ever could! Serena is just going to be replaced, which gives the non-shippers less reason to support it. There is no need for new faces constantly.

If Ash doesn't end up with Misty, then he could end up with Giselle.

Than say writers, people like myself could take it the wrong way. You have no idea how many rude Pokeshippers I've come across.

Yes, if they don't let any one stay beyound that series than yes, you could say he could up with just about any one.

Fun fact, even people who haven't ever shipped before are starting to ship Ash x Serena, heck Advancedshippers and Pearlshippers are starting to come together for this pairing, maybe it's the child hood friend ship they have that's doing this? Many love that type of pairing. So, that's what I find funny, after all these years of Ash pairings even though they would keep switching girls this is the one a lot of shippers and even none shippers are coming together for.

Edit;

Have I seen other pairings besides random of the day characters? How about Contestshipping? That was given pretty big hints over the course of the AG series.

I think we can all agreed that it was really random with the way they're introducing Serena, it's like in the past 10-15 years they never mentioned that Ash has a childhood friend but now he does?

I am sorry for all the PokeShippers, but Misty liking Ash was not the intention of the writers at all. In fact, in one of Takeshi Shudo's blog entries, he states that Misty did not have a crush on Ash and it will never be more than friendship. It is 100% authentic. Sorry PokeShippers.
See here it's translated: Entry 2 - or here http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f300/pokéshipping-34915/index227.html#post1251369

(http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/takeshi-shudos-blogs-71914/)

So I am going to have to say Ash x Serena has the most chance of happening now.
Takeshi Shudo passed away

yoooooo I think we all need to calm down a bit.

Don't insult other ships. Don't generalize people that ship those ships by saying "most of them are rude" etc.

This entire thing is getting off topic. It's about Who Will Ash End Up With In The Anime not why one Ash ship is better than another. There are plenty of threads floating around for all of the different Ash shippings if you want to discuss them there, but the topic in this thread is not meant to be a debate. Stop arguing.

There's an Ash/Serena shipping thread as well if you want to discuss the mechanics of that.

Please get back on topic.

It is Ash and Pikachu all the way, guys. All his companions may come and go, but Pikachu is forever.

Ash should end up with serena, and this is coming from an advanceshipper

She is the perfect person for him

Ash should end up with Misty at the end. She is the original girl, and I think the two complement each other well.

That said, if Ash can't end up with Misty, he can always go for Giselle.

Well, I think that Ash should end up with Gary because I just love that pairing! But if he has to end up with a girl (the usual rubbish about it being a kids show and all that), then I won't mind him being paired up with Serena or Misty. But I feel that whoever it would be, is going to face a tough competition from pikachu!
And most importantly I just wish that Ash would start-off giving some hints about liking someone (May and Drew were ten year old too, and yet they were giving quite blatant hints), because unless and until he shows some sort of an interest it's gonna be impossible to pair him up with literally anyone.
I hope the writers won't just pull a digimon-02 and pair him up with some random character at the end of the show towards whom he has never shown any sort of interest.

Ash should end up with Misty at the end. She is the original girl, and I think the two complement each other well.

That said, if Ash can't end up with Misty, he can always go for Giselle.

I like Misty too, she's the first girl. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing Serena as plan B if Misty died or something.

I've shipped Ash and Misty since the beginning, but I think there is no denying Ash could end up with Serena, given what the writers have shown us so far, (granted, this is under the assumption he actually dates someone during the show's run). I'd like to see more of Serena before I jump the gun and say she has the potential for a solid connection with him like I think Misty does (operative word being "potential").

I've shipped Ash and Misty since the beginning, but I think there is no denying Ash could end up with Serena, given what the writers have shown us so far, (granted, this is under the assumption he actually dates someone during the show's run). I'd like to see more of Serena before I jump the gun and say she has the potential for a solid connection with him like I think Misty does (operative word being "potential").

Well at the very least, Serena's crush on Ash is apparent. Even if it doesn't go anywhere because of Ash remaining his oblivious self, its quite obvious Serena is being written as a potential love interest. And even when/if she leaves at the end of the gen, it won't hurt the ship, because look at Misty/Pokeshipping that has been gone for 10 years but people still follow it.

Personally I think the reason the writers did this is to give Ash an alternative love interest, since Serena doesn't have her own quest like May or Dawn did so she won't have any other potential rival love interests to play off of.

I don't really care who Ash ends up with, but what they're doing with Serena is intriguing.

I am huge pokeshipper and I can't stress enough that Ash should end up with Misty. If you watch the original series you can see all the chemistry they have, all the hints. I like May but she doesn't have the connection with Ash like Misty and him have always had.

I do like Ash X Misty and Ash X May but.. I have fallen in love with AmourShipping! It's so cute! I can't stress enough how much I love it! :D

Well at the very least, Serena's crush on Ash is apparent. Even if it doesn't go anywhere because of Ash remaining his oblivious self, its quite obvious Serena is being written as a potential love interest. And even when/if she leaves at the end of the gen, it won't hurt the ship, because look at Misty/Pokeshipping that has been gone for 10 years but people still follow it.

Personally I think the reason the writers did this is to give Ash an alternative love interest, since Serena doesn't have her own quest like May or Dawn did so she won't have any other potential rival love interests to play off of.

I don't really care who Ash ends up with, but what they're doing with Serena is intriguing.
If this is what the direction the writers want to do with Ash, I'm all for it. Quite frankly, Pokemon has gotten stale for the past years, which is the reason why I stopped watching it. Adding romance should stir things up even though Pokemon isn't meant for that type of stuff. Right now, Its too early to tell what's going to happen with Ash and Serena once they part their ways towards the end of the gen. It could be the traditional goodbye or something wayy beyond that none of us will expect to happen (confession maybe?).

I agree with your last statement. I've been watching this Series for such a long time and for one, I would like to see which girl Ash would choose. AshxSerena seems to be a more probable Ship than other Shipping for Ash. Like I said in my reply at the ArmourShipping thread, Pokemon: XY seems like a promising Season.

ASH X GARY 100% i mean come on it would be so awesome to see that happen there is a lot they could do with that making gary the 2nd guy in the group

I like the idea of leaving it ambiguous. However if has to be anyone, let it be Shinji. If it has to be a girl, let it be Serena.

Comashipping was the best ship in terms of bringing the best out of both sides as far as Satoshi's concerned. (I would rather Shinji end up with someone else but that's beside the point.) Serena has the potential for a really good romance with Satoshi. Plus I like the way amourshipping being played for laughs (well a couple of times anyway) at the moment.

I Like Ash and May. As in the future season or next episode, May go back and she reunite Ash, Pikachu, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena.

I saw Youtube in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are coming to the Nintendo 3DS as the signal.

[video=youtube;ywGSON9tNq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom