• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who should my sixth team member be?

retiinas

clefable appreciator
Reaction score
Hi! I'm playing through Pokemon Black for the first time, and I need help deciding on the final member of my team. So far, I've got:

Serperior
Darmanitan
Chandelure
Eelektross
Hydreigon

What Pokemon would fill out this team well? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2393.jpg
    IMG_2393.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 37
Maybe you could go for Seismitoad or Jellicent, they are easy to find and evolve, have coverage of Poison and Ice-types respectively and could cover your Ground weakness.

Maybe you could go for Seismitoad or Jellicent, they are easy to find and evolve, have coverage of Poison and Ice-types respectively and could cover your Ground weakness.
I was considering those, especially because I don’t want Hydreigon to have both surf and fly

Yeah, choices for the team.
As someone who has done a lot of playthroughs, I think I could give a few choices.
Ah, I think you're meaning to talk to retiinas. Unless you're meaning breeding options for what pokemon to breed next in either Shield or Shining Pearl but that's more a thing to message me about or reply to my post about XD

My choices that I would give to @retiinas (sorry @PandaSamma)
Your most glaring issues are:
Ground (x3)
Rock, Bug, Water, & Ice (x2)

Best Options:
Seismitoad-
It would counter the Ground & Rock weaknesses.
Swanna-It would counter the Ground, Rock, and Bug weaknesses, while not being weak to Ice.

Others have brought up Gothitelle. While I like Gothitelle, it does not counter any of your weaknesses, and it's similar to Chandelure. Same for Jellicent.

Ground (x3)

Best Options:
Seismitoad-
Swanna-It would counter the Ground, Rock, and Bug weaknesses, while not being weak to Ice.

Others have brought up Gothitelle. While I like Gothitelle, it does not counter any of your weaknesses, and it's similar to Chandelure. Same for Jellicent.
No problem. Good choices too!

Ground (x3)

Best Options:
Seismitoad-

I really appreciate the in-depth help! I think I'm going to go with Gothitelle. Even though it doesn't counter my weaknesses, I think for a casual play-through, (especially one I'm nearly already done with) I can handle having these weakness unaccounted for

I really appreciate the in-depth help! I think I'm going to go with Gothitelle. Even though it doesn't counter my weaknesses, I think for a casual play-through, (especially one I'm nearly already done with) I can handle having these weakness unaccounted for
No judgement. Good luck!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom