• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who still plays the old Pokémon video games?

What's your favorite old Pokémon game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boshi234

Lord of the Lycans
Reaction score
Who still plays the Pokémon video games from the old Generations and the poll is about what are your favorite games that are dated but still good. It's a multiple choise poll by the way.

Last edited:
My first Pokemon game was HG/SS, thus making that my favorite because of bias. But I really wouldn't count Gen IV as old; only the extremely outdated games (i.e. Gen 3 and below) should count. While perhaps a bit off topic, I played Blue recently and it was quite fun seeing the beginning. Thanks, Ebay!

You forgot B/W and B2/W2.

I still play the 5th gen games. Though i still play the older version but it's very inconvenient because I'm now used to X/Y graphics and gameplay and it's really hard to adjust. So I just played them to catch up with the story.

Wel, I still play the fourth gen. Mystery Dungeon games. "Explorers of sky", as well as the PMD game, 'Gates to infinity"

There are just those few games that never really grow old, unlike some of the more.. forgotten games

It's not on this poll, but every once in a while I''ll break out Pokemon Stadium 2 and drive myself into an angry stupor trying to make progress through round 2.

Just booted up Platinum again 'cause I forgot the Sinnoh story. :eek:

Currently trying to plan a team and I just don't know which Pokémon I wanna use!

(Woops didn't realise it was multiple choice so I put it as HGSS as it is still very enjoyable today)

I play the old ones very often as I love the story (Especially Black, Platinum and SS') and I doubt I'll ever stop replaying them (Until remakes I guess)

Yeah, I still actively play the old games. Right now, I'm playing a Sapphire Nuzlocke that I'm posting on YouTube, a not-recorded Red Nuzlocke, and a normal playthrough of Colosseum.

I still play them, when the mood strikes me. My favorite is Platinum, but I voted for all of them since I enjoy them all.

*raises hand* I do!

In fact, they're the only games I play. While XY look cool, I just don't have the same level of interest in any of generations after the first two. Kanto and Johto will always be my primary home, no matter what.

As for the poll, I picked GSC. While I started with Yellow and love RBY to bits, I will always prefer the colorful graphics and cleaner mechanics that GSC added. Plus, GSC were basically an expansion of RBY, storywise, which I always liked.

I like how HG/SS is classified as old now :p. I was actually playing through from R/B/Y with my friends but we've all kinda had a hiatus from it. I still enjoy all of the old Pokemon games because of pure nostalgia.

You could say that. Once in a while I'll pull out Emerald or Platinum just out of boredom.

RSE is my generation, man. Gotta go with Sapphire as my all-time favourite, despite its flaws. You never forget your first.

I've been playing through Platinum for the first time to get some legendaries, and man this leveling is killing me, can't make it past the second gym leader. Also receiving White 2 today! Sometimes I go back and play on my old Red cartidge, I have 151 pokemon eternally trapped on their (Well, minus pre-evolutions but you know what I mean). ;c

The first 2 gens were great. Gen 2 even more so. The number of moves, abilities, and Pokemon got to be quite bewildering after this, so I consider Gen 2 to have the best balance of simplicity vs. complexity. And I play Stadium 1 and 2 for nostalgia as well (and to hear those "so bad it's good" lines from Ted Lewis).

I still have a GameBoy (you know, the original brick) and Pokémon Yellow. I play them after school whilst waiting for someone to pick me up.

I still pick up Black and Black 2 and play with them. I've lately been thinking of cleaning out my boxes on Black, sending my GTS take-ins over to Black 2 and restarting my adventure from the beginning. I just love Gen V that much.

As of now, I've completed the Unova Regional Pokedex in my copy of Black 1, and just beat Skyla in my current Black 2 runthrough.

Still go through runs for gen 1 and gen 2. There's something appealing with the simplicity back then. You didn't need to worry so much about bad natures or abilities just encounter, catch and start training.

I also go through runs for gen 5 every now and then. Beating up team plasma just doesn't get old, great story and music helps too.

I was playing Gold earlier this year, on my cart I replace the batteries in. I always have a file going in Red or Blue. Each time I play I try to use a totally different team, or at least monsters I haven't used in a long time. Thanks to the trainer/fly glitch, subsequent playthroughs can be more varied instead of being stuck with the same ol' early game mons.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom