• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who thinks Shedinja got the shaft?

Shedinja aren't that great. Despite its five weaknesses being the only moves able to penetrate it, they also die on entry by Stealth Rock/Spikes or weather.
(In fact, that was a question in a Game Informer magazine)

As for the anime take, Ghosts in general seem to disappear when it's convenient regardless of what's coming at them (Ash's fight with Morty needed Foresight, for example). I don't think there'd be much difference with Shedinja.

i just think he should be immune to spikes, because he's immune to ground.
everything else is fine.

Ghetsis said:
I wonder what would happen if somebody hacked a Shedinja with Sturdy. Would the ability prevent it from fainting?

Ooh. D8 Wow, I think I'll go test that out.

Add anything more to Wonder Guard and it becomes too rule-breaking. So no, Shedinja didn't get the shaft.

Shedinja is fine as it is. It's a novelty Pokémon, and a pretty interesting one.

I would rather they update Shedinja instead of Wonder Guard. Give it but 4 HP, and Stealth Rock, Poisoning, Burn, Hail and Sand all lose great potency against it. Well, not great potency, but, ... y'know.

EDIT: Oh, this also allows Shedinja to use Substitute.
I actually agree that this might be the best course if anything.

EDIT: Oh, this also allows Shedinja to use Substitute.

Unless I am mistaken, Shedinja can in fact use Substitute, taking no damage.

I would rather they update Shedinja instead of Wonder Guard. Give it but 4 HP, and Stealth Rock, Poisoning, Burn, Hail and Sand all lose great potency against it. Well, not great potency, but, ... y'know.

This, however, is all too true. However, Focus Sash will lose its otherwise awesome effect.

Oh, oh, oh! I know! Though I am a massive anti-hacker, a Shedinja holding a Focus Sash with the ability Magic Guard! Would be invincible!

Oh, oh, oh! I know! Though I am a massive anti-hacker, a Shedinja holding a Focus Sash with the ability Magic Guard! Would be invincible!

For one turn, the Focus Sash is consumable. Maybe is you hack it with the move Recycle. I don't know if that works with the Focus Sash though.

Unless I am mistaken, Shedinja can in fact use Substitute, taking no damage.
Nope, not according to Bulbapedia. That would be ridiculous anyway, and worse than making Shedinja give up 1 HP.

Anyway, with more than one HP, Shedinja can hold Leftovers/Shell Bell/etc., and become Weather-resistant.

Only (good) use I've seen for Shedinja: annoying you in the battle hall when you don't have a move super effective on it.

Shedinja got especially shafted when the ever-popular Stealth Rock showed up. However, its actually pretty good in Ubers, where Sandstorm isn't all that common because of Groudon and Kyogre.

Most Pokemon in the anime are better or worse than they are in the games, so they don't really relate.

I personally enjoy using Shedinja sometimes. You don't see them too often anymore in Wi-Fi battles, so it's fun annoying people with them. ;)

Legitimately? I'm assuming the Blissey used Skill Swap, which shouldn't affect Wonder Guard.

EDIT: What was that Wonder Launcher item that was fired? I was thinking that may have done it but I can't find it on the list of battle items.
Golduck used Worry Seed on Shedinja before Blissey Skill Swapped. I didn't notice a Wonder Launcher item but I'm not familiar with them so I might have just missed it. For added luls, Blissey proceeded to Skill Swap Insomnia onto Zekrom to keep it from negating Sturdy.

Golduck used Worry Seed on Shedinja before Blissey Skill Swapped. I didn't notice a Wonder Launcher item but I'm not familiar with them so I might have just missed it.
Now that makes sense, and incredibly brilliant.

EDIT: I mistook the Worry Seed as the Wonder Launcher

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom