• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who was the worst trainer for Ash to lose to in a Pokémon league? Cameron or Tobias?

Who was the worst trainer for Ash to lose to in an official Pokémon league? Cameron or Tobias?

• Cameron

Votes: 51 89.5%
  • Tobias

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
Ash lost to strong trainers like Harrison and Tyson in previous leagues. But at the Sinnoh League he goes on to defeat a rival who was an even bigger challenge than any of those opponents in Paul, he had just as much experience as Ash, very skilled and powerful. Paul was the pinnacle for the type of opponent that Ash had to overcome before winning the pokemon league and this excludes trainers who were Champions/Elite Four/Tobias/Alain.

Cameron because at least Tobias was a strong trainer and the loss felt justified. Cameron didn’t even have six pokemon and his strategies as a trainer were nothing impressive or out of the ordinary.
What makes it worse is that Cameron did have a 6th pokemon when he battled Virgil but was destroyed 6-3 while versus Ash he won 6-4.

What makes it worse is that Cameron did have a 6th pokemon when he battled Virgil but was destroyed 6-3 while versus Ash he won 6-4.
Yeah it’s crazy that he won like that when he didn’t even bring six pokemon against Ash. I would’ve prefer to see Ash lose to Virgil instead, at least he wasn’t a buffoon.

In a meta sense, Tobias is still probably the worst loss, just because it's so obvious Ash deserved to win the Sinnoh League and there's basically no reason for him to exist other than to stop that from happening. DP was easily the best series for Ash to retire and it would've saved us all literal decades of arguing which post-Sinnoh personality is the most authentic (when really none of them are, but I digress). Ash proving his training style to Paul in the finals would've been a near-perfect finale for his character, arguably even moreso than the Leon finale we eventually got.

In execution though, Cameron by a landslide. The saddest part is that even if you like BW, you have to admit Ash obviously did not deserve to win that league on any level, yet they still managed to handle that loss as horribly as they did. Tobias was a terrible idea, but they still executed it about as well as they could've given the circumstances.

Cameron was, by far, the worst one that Ash could have lost to. Cameron reminded me of the kind of kid who knows absolutely nothing, yet stumbles into the win. They gave him a Lucario just to make him OP, which was a bit undeserved. There should have been a ruling by the judges saying that Cameron couldn't participate without a 6th Pokemon. It's a full battle, do your research moron. Plus, if you look at his team post Ash, it was not very well balanced.

Tobias was crap. The fact that he probably had 6 Legendaries made me think at the time of those little kid players who have full Legendary Teams and sweep everything with them, then they still want you to give them credit for winning. I am sorry, his win was undeserved. I think it would have been fitting to see Tobias get creamed by Cynthia, just to prove the freaking point he didn't deserve to win. It was almost though the writers built Tobias, had him get the trophy, and then completely skip town, in an "Oops, sorry folks!" moment.

Back
Top Bottom