• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Who Was Your First (Legitimate) Level 100 Pokémon?

colours

sɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ
Reaction score
Depends on how you stretch "legitimate".

My first one was technically my Lv. 100 Blaziken in Ruby, but that's because I was an idiot and rare candied the crap out of it. So I suppose it's not "legitimate" in the sense of "I spent hours grinding to get it max level", but still.

After that... I honestly don't even remember. x.x It's been such a long time since I've had any Lv. 100 Pokemon at all, not including events.

NMLewis

Reaction score
Blaziken in Ruby also!

Outside of Gen 6 and 7 where I find it easier to get to Level 100, the game in which I have the most is White... much daily Big Stadium/Small Court time!

ItalianBaptist

Informed Casual
Reaction score
Following the common trend, it was a starter and sticking to the 90s kid stereotype it was a Charizard. Except mine was in X rather than Gen I. Until recently it was very hard for me to get any Pokémon to level 100 and even now it’s a pretty rare occurrence.

Reaction score
Technically, my first level 100 Pokemon was my beloved Espeon in Pokemon Silver. But I did use the cloning glitch to duplicate Rare Candies to get it to that level.

So, my very first Pokemon to reach level 100 without glitches was my Sceptile in Pokemon Ruby. She was the star of my game back in the day and I'm very sad that I lost her along with the cartridge so many years ago.

Poneto

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
A Mismagius called Hecate from Gen IV ten years ago. I wasn't trying to make it happen, I just enjoyed battling with her so much, and I still have her :)

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
Reshiram and Zekrom, it's because I wanted their level 100 signature moves and to match with the rest of the trio, I also leveled up Kyurem to 100. I'm never giving up those three no matter what and I will use them in any battle I want.

Gharlant

Reaction score
I took my Bulbasaur from Pokemon Go and put him in Let's Go Pikachu and as Venusaur he became my first legitimate level 100 Pokemon.

user750365

Reaction score
Lapras in Pokémon Blue. I clearly remember how its amount of HP was a pleasant vision to my eyes.

QuilavaRDSP

Part-Time Rescuer and Explorer
Reaction score
Hard to say. The earliest one that I still have currently is my Samurott from Pokemon Black, but my Typhlosion from Pokemon Gold may have been my first... if only the battery didn't dry out on that one years ago, then I'd be able to check... and if I still had the cartridge lol

Reaction score
For those of you who've heard her story this will likely come as no surprise, but for me it was Rio the Lucario, trusted partner and unstoppable ace of Pokemon Platinum.