• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Was Your First (Legitimate) Level 100 Pokémon?

My absolute first was my Venusaur on Red; his name was Bruticus and he pretty much destroyed the Kanto E4.

The first one I actually EV trained to 100? That would be my beloved Golurk Riser from Black. I put a lot of work into raising that big lug nut and he never let me down. He's my baby, if you will.

My first Level 100 'mon was the Genesect I received as a Mystery Gift. It was at Level 15 when I got it, but it was at Level 100 when I finally beat the Champion.

My Darmanitan, Fireblast, from Pokémon Black. She really carried my team, even more so than my starter.

Waaaaaaay back in the original RBY and GSC days, before I had ever heard of IVs and DVs (before even the advent of EVs), I thought being Level 100 meant a Pokémon couldn't be more powerful. Heck, I was so naíve, I thought Vitamins were pointless and I sold them because they were worth a lot of money. As such, all I ever did for my Kanto Pokémon was pump them full of Rare Candy using the Infinite Item glitch and laughed while I knocked around the Elite Four. This, however, wouldn't fly for Johto-native Pokémon, thus began the grind. Hours of Surfing around the Whirlpool Islands finally led to a....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

LEVEL 100 AMPHAROS

Perhaps because of this, Ampharos is still one of my favorite Pokémon and I have long since learned of EVs and IVs and all that fun stuff, but it is still fun to reminisce about a simpler time. Also, I always wondered why that Ampharos had higher stats than my Rare Candy-induced 100s, but it wasn't until Emerald's Battle Frontier started kicking my butt that I investigated and discovered all the hidden mechanics. Ironically, shortly after that, I contracted Pokérus and the rest is history.
My boi mightyena

My Genesect in pokemon Black 2. He was a download for getting the game, I dont remember the month. This was my first pokemon game, and I used Genesect all the way through, Reaching Level 100 before Iris

dragonite in soul silver. i'd been collecting rare candy for weeks to get it to level 100 though. getting to such a high level in earlier games was much harder than it is in the newer games. now i have enough level 100 pokémon to make several teams with them.

day the espeon, he was an eevee that I did a solo eevee run race with my older brother who evolved his into an umbreon

That would be one of my team in Black. They all reached level 100 and I don't remember who got there first, it was such a long time ago.

Before that I was playing Diamond with several cheats to the point where the game was basically a sandbox, which honestly did help me get to grips on all the new additions that I missed (this was my first main series game since Blue). Naturally I got some level 100 Pokémon there but I don't count any of my antics there as actual achievements. It was all just a learning experience if nothing else and not something I'd repeat.

It was in Silver.
  • Windy the Pigeot, traded over from Yellow, the first Pokemon I ever caught.
  • Norbert the Dragonite, traded to me as a Dratini by my best friend because my dragon cave was coming up empty.
  • Muffin (nicknamed later, originally unnicknamed) the Furret, the first Pokemon I caught in Silver.
I don't recall which one made it first.
To this day, they are still the only level 100's I've ever had. This is not counting traded level 100's I received in AS.

My Sceptile in Sapphire. I had so much fun playing the game that I would train lots of Pokémon while keeping my main Pkmn and the top one was Sceptile.

Good ol' Gliscor! Stayed with me throughout at lot of egg hatching and grinding throughout Sinnoh!

Sceptile. Gen 3....Sapphire...

Sister's was a Fearow in Firered named Spear 2.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom