• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who were you most excited about seeing in the Pokemon Masters Trailer?

ShinyShrew

Reaction score
Let me just say, when Barry and Wally were on screen (even though Wally was only shown once) I screeched

Steven Stone, Lance, Cynthia, Cheren, Barry, Iris, Kukui, Fantina, Archer, Gladion, Silver, Thorton, and Grimsley. (I wish Proton was in the trailer, hopefully he is in the game though) They are ones I'm really glad to see, the names in bold were ones I definitely got really excited for though.

Now will this be a mobile game I play as much as FE Heroes? I guess we'll see. Most mobile games don't really catch my eye, but this one looks to be just as fun as Heroes at least.

I'm still impressed with Brock as on the day they first announced Masters. I'm convinced he's the single most powerful human in the Pokemon verse.

My favorite gym leader, Bugsy, somehow got in despite being probably one of the most unpopular GL's in existence. But I'm still kind of sad since he's somehow the only one of all my favorites to get in so far.

It's nice to see Thorton and Palmer are acknowledged, only because it gives me hope that Game Freak will bring the Platinum Battle Frontier back if DPPt gets remade.

I was most happy to see Kris! I've always liked her design more than Lyra (Kris is probably my favorite protag of the games too), and after Kris was MIA from HG/SS, I was worried that might be the end of her. Very glad to see that is not the case!

My favorite gym leader wasn't shown (Falkner), but Barry, Silver, Blue, Gladion, and Hugh were nice to see too since that's pretty much the entire set of rivals I actually care about in the series. It was nice seeing Will too since I feel like he's one of the Elite Four members who nobody really talks about, but I've always been a fan of his overall look (more so in G/S/C than HG/SS, but both are good).

Last edited:
Definitely Steven Stone.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kris was going to be a playable character. Also, previous rivals like Barry, Silver, Wally, and Hugh got me hyped. Especially Hugh.
The Rocket Executives were unexpected, but I liked how they were included.
I'm also excited to see Cheryl because hopefully this means the rest of the stat trainers will be available at some point.

Kris, Archer and Ariana were the least expected. It's always nice to see Silver, too. Finally, the Elite Four weren't guaranteed after the PWT, so seeing Lorelei was reassuring as I'm a fan of Agatha and Karen.

Cynthia, Kahili, Rosa and Hilda.

Thorton and Wally were the only characters that I cared about in that trailer. I wanted to see Zinnia animated for the first time, but the trailer creators were like...

Image result for no gif

I can't wait for everyone to meet each other; it would definitely feel like a cross-generational reunion! From all across time and regions, it's something I really want to see. Just one huge crossover episode. I wonder how the group dynamic will work out!

As for who, I really can't wait to see Cynthia, Bianca, Barry, and especially, Kahili! Give golfer girl a bigger role here, please!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom