• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

who were your PMD starters and partners?

RTA fan

Sir RTA fan of Wikia
Reaction score
When you played PMD, which Pokémon did you get?
I myself ended up with Machop for me (Brave) and Pikachu as my partner in Blue rescue team (did you guys know Machop could learn Flamethrower?). In TDS i got Mudkip for me (Rash) and Bulbasaur for my partner

Last edited:
I really, really love the PMD series (although GtI was disappointing), and I've played the games since Red and Blue Rescue Team were released :3

In Blue Rescue Team, I am a Squirtle and my friend is a Pikachu
In Explorers of Time, I'm a Totodile who has teamed up with a Turtwig
In Explorers of Sky, I'm a Phanpy who's befriended a Munchlax

I loved the PMD series, as well! I think Red Rescue Team was the first game to ever make me cry. xD

Let me try to remember as best as I can:

RRT: I got Mudkip (Timid) and I chose Torchic as my partner
BRT: I purposely tried to get Mudkip again and chose Pikachu as my partner this time
EoT: I got Piplup (Quirky) and I chose Turtwig as my partner
EoS: I got Vulpix (Relaxed) and I chose Squirtle as my partner

Yup, they were really good games! I'm glad I decided to skip out on GtI; I tried out the demo and I didn't get the same feeling as I got when I played the others.

I only own EoT, but I've played it 3 times.

1: Totodile with Turtwig as my partner
2: Charmander with Totodile as my partner
3: Piplup with Bulbasaur as my partner

In Red I was Bulbasaur with Charmender as partner

In EoT, I was Bulbasaur then Totodile with Charmander then Turtwig as parner

For blue, I was a Meowth with a Squirtle as my partner.
For Darkness, I was a Mudkip with Torchic as my partner
For Sky, I was a Phanpy with Vulpix as my partner.

For my teams, in Red Rescue Team I was a Charmander and I picked Treecko as my partner. (Because I knew I'd need something to deal with all those pesky Water types, and Treecko is a favorite anyway.)

Whereas in Explorers of Sky I was a Riolu (and this was actually my first experience using the species), and I chose Shinx for my partner. Again, partly because I knew I'd need something to deal with pesky Flying and Psychic types.

For Gates to Infinity I chose an Axew for myself (because why not) and Oshawott for backup.

In Blue Rescue Team I was a Squirtle with a Charmander partner.
In Red Rescue Team I was Charmander with Chikorita. (I REALLY loved Team Go Getters and wanted to use them all) My last replay was a Pikachu with a Squirtle.
In Explorers of Time I was Chimchar with a Turtwig.
In Explorers of Darkness I was Piplup with Chimchar. (I also wanted to mimic Pokepals)
In Explorers of Sky I was Eevee with Riolu. My last replay was Vulpix with Shinx.
In Gates to Infinity I was Axew with Tepig.

In Blue Rescue Team, I was a Treecko and Totodile was my partner. (1st time.) I was a Totodile during my second playthrough, though I don't remember my partner.

In Explorers of Darkness, I was a Turtwig and my partner was Chimchar.

In Sky I was a Phanpy and my partner was a Munchlax.

In Gates to Infinity, I was an Axew and my partner was a Snivy if I remember correctly.

Blue Rescue Team: Chikorita and Torchic. Torchic was the one who surprised me by walking on lava when I thought it was impossible. Also, Torchic later became the leader of many expeditions because Blaziken was so pro.

Explorers of Sky: Charmander and Riolu. They gave me a double face-palm when going through a dungeon to fight a legendary. A Nidoqueen would almost always use Earth Power and KO Charmander. When I evolved them, Lucario would get KO'd -.- I named them Miss Blaze and Knight. Ah, the memories...

Blue: Eevee with a Charmander partner
Darkness: Chimchar with a Piplup partner
Sky: Vulpix with a Riolu partner

Blue was the only personality quiz I was honest on but I got Pikachu the first time round and I don't really like Pikachu... so got Eevee instead

I got Riolu the first time on Sky's personality quiz . . . I actually did consider starting the quiz over for different results but I decided to just go with it because I already knew Riolu was Lucario's pre-evolution and I never had a chance using the species before.

In the first game, I was a Charmander, and my partner was Squirtle. In Time, I was a Piplup, partner was Chikorita. Finally, in Sky, I was Riolu and my partner was Meowth.

RRT: Torchic and Pikachu, made it absolute hell against Groudon
EoD: Piplup and Turtwig
EoS: Riolu and Phanpy

The first time I played, I was a Skitty, and my partner was a Chikorita. I named the partner after my real-life best friend and the Skitty after myself. Of course, I ended up restarting once I was completely walled by Dialga at Temporal Tower... I became a Charmander instead!

I've played through Blue Rescue Team (The only one I own) so many times, with so many different combinations of teams. But my favorite and most successful was probably Pikachu and Totodile.

I did play through Explorers of Time once as well, in which I was a Munchlax with a Chimchar as my partner.

I've only had a chance to play Red Rescue Team, but I played it so many times. I usually got Skitty and my partner was Cyndaquil. Although there was one time where I got Eevee.

Mudkip/Treecko in PMD 1 and Treecko/Mudkip in PMD 2

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom