• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who will be Kalos Queen?

Who do you think will win?

• Serena

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Miette

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jessie

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Shauna

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Aria

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Some background character

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Misty-Moo

I give up
Reaction score
With the announcement of episode 111, we now know that the performance mini-arc is coming to an end and the sparkly pink express train is pulling into the station. Who will win and become Kalos Queen?

Serena - is all the work she's put in actually going to pay off and a main character will finally win a competition this time?

Miette - just as skilled as Serena and seems to be far more experienced, will that bring her success?

Nini - enthusiastic and full of energy, will this compensate for her minor shortcomings?

Jessie - beautiful and just loves being the centre of attention, will she be given a chance, or is she just there for comedy relief as usual?

Shauna - Serena's close friend, another highly skilled and knowledgeable performer, is she Zoey 2.0?

Aria - the current Kalos Queen, is she going to defend her title?

Some background character, eg. the Mightyena girl - are the writers going to pull this cliche out of their hats again?

Nini - enthusiastic and full of energy, will this compensate for her minor shortcomings?

Being ugly is a major shortcoming when Kalos queen is your dream.

Real talk though I'd love it if mightyeana girl wins.

Knowing these writers? A background character like Robert from the hoenn grand festival. Personally, if not Serena I hope miette wins. She seems to have the right experience.

We still don't know how exactly the Master Class works. People are assuming that Aria has to defend her title because Palermo told Serena that she still lacks something crucial to become Kalos Queen and she won't be able to take Aria's title until she realizes what that something is. However, she could very well be referring to the fact Serena simply doesn't have what it takes to win the Master Class.

If the winner of the Master Class is automatically crowned the new Kalos Queen, just like winners of the Pokémon League Conference and the Grand Festival earn the title of Pokémon Champion and Top Coordinator, then I could see Shauna winning the whole thing and earning the title. However, if the winner of the Master Class has to face off against Aria in one final Freestyle Performance round, I guess Aria retaining her title is a possibility. And that in my opinion would be an unsatisfactory conclusion to the Showcase arc. But fitting considering the whole arc has been unsatisfactory.

In any case, I am rooting for Shauna. I don't want Serena to win when all of her performances have been one and the same. I hope she finishes among the semifinalists, and that's good enough for a person whose problems were magically solved through the power of evolution (Fennekin's careless walking disappeared because Braixen walks like a supermodel and Eevee's shyness is apparently a non-issue now that she evolved into Sylveon).

Serena's major obstacle in her journey to royalty was her furisode getting ripped in the Dendemille Showcase. She didn't have a single Pokémon disobeying her and both Pancham and Sylveon were skilled dancers prior to being caught. If she had at least caught an awkward and clumsy Pokémon and taught it how to perform, then I would appreciate her efforts, but she has been blessed with this talented team and the only thing she did was repeat the one routine she came up with over and over.

I hope Serena loses and becomes so depressed to the point of shaving her head completely. Preferably with Lara Fabian's Love By Grace playing in the background as in the Brazilian soap opera Laços de Família (Family Ties). If people already talk about the haircut scene as one of the most beautiful and emotional moments of this show's 19-year history, imagine what a character going bald wouldn't do? :p

We still don't know how exactly the Master Class works. People are assuming that Aria has to defend her title because Palermo told Serena that she still lacks something crucial to become Kalos Queen and she won't be able to take Aria's title until she realizes what that something is. However, she could very well be referring to the fact Serena simply doesn't have what it takes to win the Master Class.

If the winner of the Master Class is automatically crowned the new Kalos Queen, just like winners of the Pokémon League Conference and the Grand Festival earn the title of Pokémon Champion and Top Coordinator, then I could see Shauna winning the whole thing and earning the title. However, if the winner of the Master Class has to face off against Aria in one final Freestyle Performance round, I guess Aria retaining her title is a possibility. And that in my opinion would be an unsatisfactory conclusion to the Showcase arc. But fitting considering the whole arc has been unsatisfactory.

In any case, I am rooting for Shauna. I don't want Serena to win when all of her performances have been one and the same. I hope she finishes among the semifinalists, and that's good enough for a person whose problems were magically solved through the power of evolution (Fennekin's careless walking disappeared because Braixen walks like a supermodel and Eevee's shyness is apparently a non-issue now that she evolved into Sylveon).

Serena's major obstacle in her journey to royalty was her furisode getting ripped in the Dendemille Showcase. She didn't have a single Pokémon disobeying her and both Pancham and Sylveon were skilled dancers prior to being caught. If she had at least caught an awkward and clumsy Pokémon and taught it how to perform, then I would appreciate her efforts, but she has been blessed with this talented team and the only thing she did was repeat the one routine she came up with over and over.

I hope Serena loses and becomes so depressed to the point of shaving her head completely. Preferably with Lara Fabian's Love By Grace playing in the background as in the Brazilian soap opera Laços de Família (Family Ties). If people already talk about the haircut scene as one of the most beautiful and emotional moments of this show's 19-year history, imagine what a character going bald wouldn't do? :p
Lol they probably won't go that far, but the idea is nice. Maybe there will be a post league arc with another Showcase quest as well for Serena to improve and change up her performances more before she finally leaves

Mikuri's post is perfect.

(And yes, it was I who voted Musashi, she'll always be my winner <3
Lol, jk, why did she choose to pursue such a stupid competition, serves her right to win two keys offscreen and probably lose humiliatingly in the 2-episode-long finale.
I'm not bitter.)

Lol, I agree with KQ Serena that they wouldn't go so far to make her bald, but maybe they'll chop her hair down to the boyish cut in the games.

Gotta Chop 'Em Off!

I still think Shauna's going to win, she out of Serena's "rivals" seems more likely (despite the fact that she wasn't seen in over a decade).

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom