• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Will Be The Champion; Steven or Wallace?

Who Will Be The Champion?

• Steven

Votes: 78 81.3%
  • Wallace

Votes: 18 18.8%

• Total voters
I think they will have Steven as the initial Champion with a Mega Aggron, then in the post game he will be replaced by Wallace, who in turn makes appearances as the contest master through the main storyline. Juan will serve as the 8th GL.

I really like the idea of having Steven be champion and Wallace be the wandering elite trainer in one version, then swapping the roles for the other version. Wallace should probably be the champion for OR and Steven for AS, since otherwise there might be a bit TOO much water in AS. Juan should obviously be 8th gym leader in both. Hopefully we'll see him around in contests as well.

Well steven is refered to as champion in HG/SS so he probably still is the champion but the question still remains if we'll get emeralds story line or r/s story line

In the gameplay footage we were shown, there were shots of Groudon and Kyogre bursting free of Seafloor Cavern. They were the exact same shots, but with different starring pokemon. That suggests a version difference, which in turn suggests RS plot.

Well steven is refered to as champion in HG/SS so he probably still is the champion but the question still remains if we'll get emeralds story line or r/s story line

In the gameplay footage we were shown, there were shots of Groudon and Kyogre bursting free of Seafloor Cavern. They were the exact same shots, but with different starring pokemon. That suggests a version difference, which in turn suggests RS plot.

This is getting off topic, but we don't know if that footage was from the game itself, or if it was an opening cutscene, which I HOPE, is what it was.
Also, even if it wasn't people have pointed out in other threads that it's still easy to introduce the second legendary in another way.

Anyway, on topic, Steven>Wallace. That's all I'm gonna say.

I think/hope that Steven will be champion again. He was the original champ, HGSS referenced him being champion, and if Juan was to be used in Sootopolis, then Wallace could just play a role in contests or fill some other role, maybe a mid-boss type thing as mentioned above. Steven all the way!

On the storyline front, I think RS storyline would be best. I'd prefer stronger version differences than HGSS had when they went more on the Crystal route. Plus, they are R/S remakes and it would make the most sense for the RS storyline to be used rather than the Emerald storyline.

Steven! Steven! Steven! *chuckles*

In all seriousness, though, Steven should be the champion. This is, after all, a R/S remake, not Emerald (though I did love Emerald), so they should stick with Steven as the champ. While he does have a general theme (Steel-types), unlike Wallace, his team required more strategy and a mixture of moves. Plus I don't want two Water-type users in the same region again! If anything, Wallace and Juan should do the gym ala BW, with Wallace in one version and Juan in the other. Wallace should NOT be anywhere near the Champion status, which was a real annoyance in Emerald. Due to him being a monotype Trainer, it made him all the more easier to beat. Champions should not be monos, like Cynthia, Diantha, and Blue, not single-type trainers where one/two types can mow them down. So, my vote goes to Steven, Hoenn's TRUE champion.

I want both. Hoenn was the debut of double battles so why not have a double battle against them? If not then have Steven be the Champion and Wallace will take his place as a wandering legendary trainer. In Emerald you fought Steven in Meteor Falls so Wallace could be fought in the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis. Anyways Wallace>Steven. Steven was easy as a Champion but Wallace was just insanely tough. Once Ludicolo started spamming Double Team, beating him proved impossible.

I want both. Hoenn was the debut of double battles so why not have a double battle against them? If not then have Steven be the Champion and Wallace will take his place as a wandering legendary trainer. In Emerald you fought Steven in Meteor Falls so Wallace could be fought in the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis. Anyways Wallace>Steven. Steven was easy as a Champion but Wallace was just insanely tough. Once Ludicolo started spamming Double Team, beating him proved impossible.

Areal Ace.

Areal Ace.

Unfortunately I didn't have Aerial Ace on any of my Pokemon and as a kid I never realized how useful that move would be against him.

I agree with @DasManiac;
I really can see them making it a double battle for the champion and how cool would that be?! I can also see that if you re-challenged them or something then they both use a mega (if GF decide to add megas like Milotic and Metagross).
If not the champion may be version exclusive. But I still would love to see a double battle.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom